Topic locked

Snooker Legends Live Stream

Postby SnookerFan

From the Facebook page to the Legends of Snooker event.

"I am delighted to announce that our Ronnie v Jimmy Exhibition on Feb 1st will be available for live streaming for fans all over the world. This multi camera production is available for £2.95 via www.snookerlegends.co.uk John Virgo and Cliff Thorburn will commentate."

Don't know if anybody is interested.

Re: Snooker Legends Live Stream

Postby Monique

Here is the info

Press release –“Ronnie O’Sullivan and Jimmy White ‘streaming’ into your home!
We are pleased to announce that the Snooker Legends exhibition between Ronnie O’Sullivan and Jimmy White will be available to watch live on your computer, in your home, via the launch of the Snooker Legends Live Streaming initiative.
We realise that not everyone can get to Blackburn on February 1st to attend this event in person but we realise that both Ronnie and Jimmy have many fans worldwide who won’t want to miss the chance to see the games two best entertainers go head to head.
This will be a multi camera production with expert analysis and humour from John Virgo and Cliff Thorburn. Patricia Murphy will officiate. Viewers will also get a chance to see some of John Virgo’s trick shots and impressions as well as the first broadcast of the tribute to Alex Higgins, a fantastic song written by Jomac Nally accompanied by some great photos of the ‘Hurricane’.
This special event is available for £2.95 and can be purchased through the snooker legends website. We hope that fans from all around the world will join us for this special event.
This exhibition is produced by Snooker Legends in association with ROS147
Snooker Legends logo and all content copyright © 2011 Snooker Legends. All rights reserved
To get your unique username and password go to http://www.snookerlegends.co.uk

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote::|

Thanks for that. <laugh>

You going to watch this Monique?

are you going after Monique now, blimey you are unstoppable - no-one is safe from your charm offensive :wave:

I'd never be able to take her heart away from Ronnie.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:

Thanks for that. <laugh>

Actually that's unlikely ;) ... on my way to Berlin probably.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thanks for that. <laugh>

Actually that's unlikely ;) ... on my way to Berlin probably.

And you'd miss Legends of Snooker for that? Where are your priorities? :sad:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:ill wait till i get word that Ronnie is in Blackburn before i sign up haha

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:ill wait till i get word that Ronnie is in Blackburn before i sign up haha

He'll do it so he can pull out of Germany due to the strain. Personally, I just think he's scared of my homeboy Dominic Dale.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

He'll do it so he can pull out of Germany due to the strain. Personally, I just think he's scared of my homeboy Dominic Dale.

jesus christ i thought you said HOMO BOY rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

jesus christ i thought you said HOMO BOY rofl

Dominic Dale. :love:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's another one going on on April 9th, from the one at The Crucible. Same website. :D

will it be possible to view this online anywhere :|

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's viewable at www.snookerlegends.co.uk Though, it costs a couple of quid.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:I'm going to the Crucible

Really? It seems an odd time having it a week before the Worlds, but maybe that's the plan. To get people interested.

Have you been to a Legends Tour before. I'm going to the one in Croydon in June. It's a very highly reccomended night.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:I'm going to the Crucible

Really? It seems an odd time having it a week before the Worlds, but maybe that's the plan. To get people interested.

Have you been to a Legends Tour before. I'm going to the one in Croydon in June. It's a very highly reccomended night.

My reckoning is that they do the legends night, and then set up for the championships - it takes a week to set the set up ready for Saturday morning.

Not been to one before but from what I've heard they're good nights, - my Auntie is a friend of Mr Parrott and there's a big picture of her and her partner, John P & V, Cliff, Jimmy, Alex and Michaela, taking pride of place at my Grandma's house.

Postby Wildey

why isn't Steve Davis involved in these events.

it seems strange that one of the biggest snooker legends of all time not playing some.

even Ted Lowe is being wheeled out for 1 of them.

is his love for the game waning not as if hes playing a great deal on Tour these days even Jimmy playing more matches than him.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:why isn't Steve Davis involved in these events.

it seems strange that one of the biggest snooker legends of all time not playing some.

even Ted Lowe is being wheeled out for 1 of them.

is his love for the game waning not as if hes playing a great deal on Tour these days even Jimmy playing more matches than him.

Yeah, but Jimmy would play in your shed if the only pay available was the evening's beer money. The guy is just addicted to playing snooker.

As to Steve, who knows? Maybe he feels he needs to spend more time on his practice. I don't see his passion for the game lessening. If it had, why would he still be playing in cubicles? He'd have retired, and be getting a living out of chatting up Hazel. Probably something else. But he'd be a welcome addition. Playing snooker and bantering sounds like just his thing.

Postby PLtheRef

just back from the event at the Crucible, thoroughly entertained.

Part 1 began with a tribute to the Hurricane, who obviously made his farewell here last year. After that some impressions of Messrs Griffiths, Taylor and Higgins from JV

The Prelim and the two semis were played in this half, White 2-1 Kirk Stevens on a respot black, Taylor 2-0 Thorburn, White 2-1 Parrott, again on a respot black.

After the break, a memorabilia auction and the raffle to play a frame with Kirk, Cliff and CJ de Mooi, - Adrian Handers won the frame, - and Handy with a cue, helped Cliff get his frame win on the board.

After this was another frame, auctioned off, to play White. David Rathband won this and received a huge cheer as he went to play. David Rathband was the Policeman blinded by Raoul Moat last year, and to his endearing credit, had the crowd in stitches, - in particular, potting a blue, he turned away from it, and shot it in saying 'I can play this game with my eyes shut' - JV helped him and he got the biggest cheer when he potted one, asking Michaela to repeat, 'David Rathband 1' - real gent, and courageous bloke.

Final followed after this, just 1 frame which Jimmy won by 60 odd to 29, he joked that it was funny to be picking up a trophy at the Crucible,

All in all, a great night

Postby SnookerFan

Sounds good. I didn't watch because I was out, and as I'm going in June, it might spoil it for me, as I'm going in June to the Croydon one. I was there for the Redhill one last year, and it was much the same. Virgo doing impressions, and comedy commentary during the matches.

Jimmy White won the trophy. :win: And made a 147. It was a good night of action, and banter.