youngest

judd trump 21

oldest dire harold mid 40's :zzz:

Re: Ages of last 32 world qualifiers

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:youngest

judd trump 21

oldest dire harold mid 40's :zzz:

The guy has only been signed up for 33 minutes, named; "Anybody from Stoke" as his favourite player, and you insult Dave Harold. <laugh>

Postby graniteoatcake

no exception taken GJ, and thanks for the support SnookerFan
1. STOKE TO WIN THE FA CUP,
2. STOKE TO WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
3. THE 2011 WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPION WILL COME FROM STOKE.............. Harold or Cope
well 2 out of three aint bad is it??? ha ha

was at EIS all day Thursday and yesterday also... enjoyed all the games i had the pleasure to watch, really enjoyed the company passionate and knowledgable people i met and chatted with, like everything we all have our opinions which we should respect even if we dont agree... but a bit of banter is great fun...............i thought Lee was awesome, i would not have liked to have been a cat in the Green or Obrien households... i'd have hidden all the boots????? meoowwwwww

Postby Roland

Are you the chap I spoke to outside who was with Dave Harold?

I'll be happy if Jamie Cope wins by the way.

Postby Roland

Welcome to the forum :santa:

I hope GJ is suitably embarrassed, about time he learned to be more careful <laugh>

Is Dave the oldest player there? What about Hendry?

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:Actually Hendry is younger ... Dave is 44, Hendry is 42

:afro:

Postby GJ

sorry dave harold fan

its just a tounge in cheek comment about dave

sorry if i offended you or david

Postby Roland

It'd take more than that to offend Dave Harold I would imagine. You would've had to scrape him off the table yesterday. I doubt he gives a damn about how certain sections of fans perceive him.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:sorry dave harold fan

its just a tounge in cheek comment about dave

sorry if i offended you or david

I don't think anybody is offended, it's all banter. <laugh> <ok>

Postby Bourne

If you're reading Dave, thanks for the money my man, that match last night was never in doubt Image

Postby Wildey

the worry is that the Average age of the qualifiers is older than the Average age of the Seeds.

Seeds

Hendry 42
Ebdon 40
Williams 36
Higgins 35
Ronnie 35
Dott 33
Fu 33
Carter 31
Maguire 30
Robbo 29
Murphy 28
Walden 28
Selby 27
Allen 25
Cope 25
Ding 24

Qualifiers

Harold 44
McLeod 40
Dale 39
Campbell 38
King 37
Perry 36
Lee 36
Burnett 35
Bingham 34
Stevens 33
Hawkins 32
Day 31
Gould 29
Pagett 29
Jimmy Robertson 24
Trump 21

Postby Roland

Experience counts for a lot in snooker :santa:

Dominic still thinks Higgins and Williams will be top of the tree in their late 40s

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Experience counts for a lot in snooker :santa:

Dominic still thinks Higgins and Williams will be top of the tree in their late 40s

williams was almost not top of the tree in his late 30s so who knows what the future holds i hope Lisowski shines this week in the PTC and comes back fighting next year he is exciting prospect i hope Judd also starts to get regular quarters then theres McGill and hopefully Jak Jones can come back through Q School.

next season sam creigie will be on tour he is 18 and Luca Brecel hopefully he can stay grounded work hard and make the grade next 5 years.

its ok wanting older players to stick saround but thats detremental to the sport long term.

in the 90s Williams and Higgins coming through had a good grounding and a good safety game to boot from the off today youngsters for whatever reason is tactically naive compared to the early 90s with the class of 92.

Postby Roland

Dominic Dale said there's a young Chinese player called Chen Zhi who has a lot of potential

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Dominic Dale said there's a young Chinese player called Chen Zhi who has a lot of potential

You probably mean Chen Zhe, another Groves youngster. And yes in was impressive in Bruges.

Postby jojo

yes it quite worrying only three players below 25 that saying something where are the young players coming through ? even one of the three players below 25 jimmy robertson is 24 and seem like a journeyman i dont even know what he look like neither did sonny on another thread

snooker seem a bit stale now in terms of new players coming through making an actual impact especially when you compare to the early mid nineties players coming through like ronnie higgins williams hunter lee stevens and the like it was stronger then these players all made their mark quite early and followed on

now it seem a bit stale obviously judd is there but it remains to be seen what he can do at 21 at the moment he is hype with a lot of potential then you got the chinese kid wenbo who play without a brain all out attack nothing else so where is the new breed coming from ?

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Dominic Dale said there's a young Chinese player called Chen Zhi who has a lot of potential

You probably mean Chen Zhe, another Groves youngster. And yes in was impressive in Bruges.

I guessed at the spelling - impressed I used an h :redneck:

Postby randam05

jojo wrote:yes it quite worrying only three players below 25 that saying something where are the young players coming through ? even one of the three players below 25 jimmy robertson is 24 and seem like a journeyman i dont even know what he look like neither did sonny on another thread

snooker seem a bit stale now in terms of new players coming through making an actual impact especially when you compare to the early mid nineties players coming through like ronnie higgins williams hunter lee stevens and the like it was stronger then these players all made their mark quite early and followed on

now it seem a bit stale obviously judd is there but it remains to be seen what he can do at 21 at the moment he is hype with a lot of potential then you got the chinese kid wenbo who play without a brain all out attack nothing else so where is the new breed coming from ?

worrying? :hmm:

If theyre under 25 then theyve got years to go yet to become big names :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

bucking hell. You'd be wicked on Mastermind. <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

That's not the point Randam... the point is that we only have three players under 25 at this year's event. Okay, the younger lads might not have been good enough, but that in itself is a worry. That tells us that maybe there isn't a plethora of stunning talent out there and does not bode well for quality in the future.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Monique wrote:

I guessed at the spelling - impressed I used an h :redneck:

in PTC 6 Chen Zhe defeated Luca Brecel 4-2 and Jimmy Robertson 4-2 before Losing 4-1 to Anthony McGill

Postby randam05

Tubberlad wrote:That's not the point Randam... the point is that we only have three players under 25 at this year's event. Okay, the younger lads might not have been good enough, but that in itself is a worry. That tells us that maybe there isn't a plethora of stunning talent out there and does not bode well for quality in the future.

Point well made, point taken.

But as these older players slowly die out, the young ones will progress more and more often turning into big names. There isnt long left in a lot of these oldies.

Davis and swail pop to mind.

Postby jojo

maybe i should have worded it better but you look at the three players below 25 robertson a journeyman unless he surprise us all and blossom trump a lot of potential but thats it potential nothing more at this stage and of course ding we know all about fair enough

look at the 25 year olds cope allen won buck all between them cope won rubbish one dimensional player allen won rubbish one dimensional player this should have been the golden age of snooker on the table instead you have mid thirties players like higgins williams and a im not bothered like half the time ronnie o sullivan winning the majority of the trophies and look at the rankings who one and two are

by the time these so called old players die out properly will we still be waiting for players like allen cope to win ? they will be in their late twenties and the next batch such as liang wenbo and trump will be hitting mid twenties

apart from ding none of the younger players have cracked it who would have thought it a quality player like mark selby 27 won only one ranker the welsh which not the most prestigous

no young player taking the game by the scruff of the neck ding being the closest to doing that

Postby jojo

maybe we were spoilt some ten fifteen years ago when we had the likes of ebdon doherty coming through followed by o sullivan higgins williams then the likes of tit sucker stephen lee hunter and stevens these were players that meant business and so they proved

at this moment in time ive not been overly impressed with todays generation and the very young players all much of a muchness one dimensional attacking players who do not know how to use matchplay and graft their head drop when things not going well with only few players being exceptions such as ding

Postby jojo

and when you look at the draw people only 11 of the 32 players are in their twenties with 10 between 24 and 29 and there are more players in the draw who are in their 40s than under 25

golden generation my bottom

Postby Roland

I think you're right and we were spoilt with the explosion mid to late 90s of quality players who came from the generation of watching David Vine on BBC2 throughout the 80's when snooker was on all the time and there were only 4 tv channels. But you've got to look at it in the same way for the future and Europe - imagine the kids watching it all over the world now and getting excited and wanting to learn. Luca Brecel could be the first of many and with Xiao, Liang, Chuang and this fella Dominic mentioned from China as well as Ding there is some serious worldwide quality coming up.

When you look at peak big 4 - they were and mostly still are capable of perfect sessions of snooker and snooker is a bloody hard game. They are all exceptional and will be hailed for decades to come much like Joe and Steve Davis and Ray Reardon are.