Post a reply

Dominic Dale - Crucible Qualifier 2011

Postby randam05

Im just very please to see him there this year, as ive never seen him there before. I think hes really interesting to watch, a great character and very nice off the table. Just like to hear everyones thoughts on him.

When he won 2007 shanghai masters, he played some of the best snooker ive seen. To come from 6-3 down and win 10-6 in the final was magical. It was the first time I had watched him and right from his first round I thought, gosh hes good! But didnt realise at the time his lack of success. He also won the 1997 grand prix playing some immense snooker so I hear. Especially to beat John Higgins in the final a year before his WC.

:bowdown:

Thoughts?

P.S. Sonny will you get your interview with him on here soon? look forward to a read!

Re: Dominic Dale - Crucible Qualifier 2011

Postby randam05

Bourne wrote:Just a bit of a shame it came at the expense of Holty :-(

I know, I would have liked to seen holt there too. But to come from 6-3 down and win 7 consecutive frames, you cant take it away from Dale! Good stuff.

Postby Roland

I'll be transcribing this week after work and hopefully will have it on the blog by the end of the week. It's about an hour of transcription then needs the ok from him. It's worth the wait, trust me <ok>

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:I'll be transcribing this week after work and hopefully will have it on the blog by the end of the week. It's about an hour of transcription then needs the ok from him. It's worth the wait, trust me <ok>

Look forward to it sonny, I really enjoy his 'Dales Tales' and any speech from him, very interesting. <ok> Cheers.

Postby SnookerFan

It's a shame he's not had more success in the game. Especially, when the snooker hatahs complain how there aren't any characters in the game any more. If you want to see characters, look no further then Dominic Dale. He's one of life's eccentrics, and I wouldn't mind seeing more from him. If you think all players are the same, well, think again when you see Dom. <laugh>

My one minor complaint is that sometimes it may seem a bit deliberately put on, turning up in pink waistcoat suits, and playing up to the nickname Space Man by walking around in a space suit. But I'd much rather have Dominic hamming it up like that, then have some monontonous bore of a person, with no personality at all.

And he can play, make no mistake. As you said, he played a brilliant match in the 2007 final. And is a two time ranking winner, having beaten John in the other final. And a PTC win. As a player, he's not a mug. When you consider this, however, it is somewhat surprising that he has never been in the top-16 in the world officially. (Though, he has been provisionally I think, somebody want to clarify that.)

I'd love it if Dale had a good run at The Crucible. Let's hope he can debut some new coloured waistcoat suits. I want bright orange. :D

Postby GJ

well done welsh spacer he willprobablybottleit on round 1 but at elast he is there :D :D

Postby Bourne

I think he's alright he's a funny lad, a bit crazy but a solid player and never boring so it'll be good to see him in R1 and you just know he'll enjoy it :D

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:well done welsh spacer he willprobablybottleit on round 1 but at elast he is there :D :D

I'm a bit worried he'll go out in the first round. I'd love him to have somebody somewhat lower down the top-16, to give him as much chance of a round 2 game as possible. Nobody is pretending Dale is going to win, but I think he could add some colour to The Crucible contest this year.

Enjoy it Dale. Us fans will as well. :D

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:well done welsh spacer he willprobablybottleit on round 1 but at elast he is there :D :D

I'm a bit worried he'll go out in the first round. I'd love him to have somebody somewhat lower down the top-16, to give him as much chance of a round 2 game as possible. Nobody is pretending Dale is going to win, but I think he could add some colour to The Crucible contest this year.

Enjoy it Dale. Us fans will as well. :D

I liked what you said earlier in this topic snookerfan, very well put! I saw him at this years welsh knock in a 139 clearance I think, and it was just super! really was, not only perfect positioning and good pots, but towards the end some flamboyancy too! If he plays like he has done in his two previous titles, theres not much stopping him and would fancy him making quarters this year with a favourable draw. But as we know his form is very uncosistent and will expect him to do well in the first round, possibly push it all the way, but wont get to the second round, unless he draws a lower ranked top 16er, i.e jamie cope, peter ebdon or even stephen hendry and plays very well against them which he could. Possibly even against someone who is expected a good run at the crucible like walden or even o sullivan ;) dream on jake

Great guy, full of character, great player, full of colour and extremely interesting. Shame hes not done more like you say :roll: Could he ever reach the top 16!? I doubt it. But PTC finals later this week could prove interesting if he gets some rhythm. A half good roll in china and possible 1st round win at the worlds with some PTCs following soon after! who know! COME ON SPACEMAN. :love:

Postby vodkadiet

I like Dale. He has character, and unlike most players, has a great deal of intellect. His colourful suits are great.

He is always a great sport, and his camp way makes him even more appealing.

Postby Roland

He is a really really likeable guy and he's very intelligent and articulate and absolutely loves the game of snooker. He was wearing some really snazzy shoes on Saturday night, think Matt @ PSB took a picture of them.

Anyway what am I doing? I've been playing around all evening when I should be transcribing the interview and writing to Ivan <doh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He is a really really likeable guy and he's very intelligent and articulate and absolutely loves the game of snooker. He was wearing some really snazzy shoes on Saturday night, think Matt @ PSB took a picture of them.

Anyway what am I doing? I've been playing around all evening when I should be transcribing the interview and writing to Ivan <doh>

jump to it :grrr: :redneck:

Postby Roland

Still giving a full listen before I start. It's very interesting listening back. Can hear Bingham and Lee coming in after their wins

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Still giving a full listen before I start. It's very interesting listening back. Can hear Bingham and Lee coming in after their wins

holy rubbish with all the tit bits your giving out Randam will be at bursting point soon <laugh>

Postby Roland

Transcription isn't going to start until tomorrow I'm afraid and it's going to take a long time but I'll work as fast as I can to get it out for the weekend. Can't promise though and I can take my laptop on holiday next week and work on it there if needs be although quiet times will be rare with the bunch I'm going with.

Postby randam05

No, no hurry sonny! Ill just have to keep watching him win the shanghai masters from 6-2 down winning 8 consecutive frames to beat ryan day, my most hated player, 10-6,over and over again till you put it up on here <ok>

Cant you put the audio file on here instead? Would love to hear the tone he says it all in. :love:

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:No, no hurry sonny! Ill just have to keep watching him win the shanghai masters from 6-2 down winning 8 consecutive frames to beat ryan day, my most hated player, 10-6,over and over again till you put it up on here <ok>

Cant you put the audio file on here instead? Would love to hear the tone he says it all in. :love:

random and dom :scared: :love:

Postby Roland

I'll try to do it in two halves and get one half up this weekend although I need the ok from Dominic and don't know how often he checks his emails. I'll release the audio files too at some point but after the transcripts. Anyway, I'll make a start tonight :santa:

Postby Roland

Ivan has given me the nod so I won't need any clearance from World Snooker. At least the Island is on their radar :redneck:

Postby Monique

Rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:He was the guy sat next to Ronnie when he was pretending the microphone was his willy

<laugh>

oh ok, some press guy then

the WSA Head of Press Office , yes.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He was the guy sat next to Ronnie when he was pretending the microphone was his sausage

for all the explanation who ivan is and whats his job this takes the biscuit rofl rofl

Postby randam05

Black2white wrote:a true legend :D fantastic personality, very down to earth, great to watch. What more can you say, would love him to be in the top 16 :)
looking forward to his interview :excited:

woooo! hahhaa more people liked him more than i thought they would :D

What a man! what a spaceman! :bowdown:

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:He was the guy sat next to Ronnie when he was pretending the microphone was his sausage

for all the explanation who ivan is and whats his job this takes the biscuit rofl rofl

Yes the WSA Head of Press Office as Monique right says. He was very nice in his reply and professional so I'd better write back and thank him.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Im just very please to see him there this year, as ive never seen him there before. I think hes really interesting to watch, a great character and very nice off the table. Just like to hear everyones thoughts on him.

When he won 2007 shanghai masters, he played some of the best snooker ive seen. To come from 6-3 down and win 10-6 in the final was magical. It was the first time I had watched him and right from his first round I thought, gosh hes good! But didnt realise at the time his lack of success. He also won the 1997 grand prix playing some immense snooker so I hear. Especially to beat John Higgins in the final a year before his WC.

:bowdown:

Thoughts?

P.S. Sonny will you get your interview with him on here soon? look forward to a read!

What the buck are those adverts at the end? <laugh> They were a bit sudden.