20%
No
73%
Maybe
7%

Total votes : 15

Match Fixing !!!!

Postby Wildey

Something Witz said on 666 inspired this poll.

Yes if i was a player who was realistic to know their level in the game and realistic earnings, then id contemplate occasional match fixing (say every 2nd tournament to not arouse suspicion)

Id never risk large sums on a correct score, for starters just imagine you never won the frame or 2 you had to, to make the correct score loss come in. If you had big money on an opponent to win say, 5-2 then the pressure to win 2 frames would be huge.

Id always bet on the match outcome instead, theres only 2 outcomes so any big bet will never stand out too much.

For example, take a medium scale tournament - If your top 32 ranked and you draw a lower ranked player who you should beat, then say he was 3/1 to win the match, then the options are you play fair, win your match but already know youve got Ronnie in Round 1 so will get beat, so the win will only guarantee you an additional 2k approx by reaching that stage, so why not lose on purpose with say 5k on the opponent, so thats a 20k return.

You can see why its so appealing.

Would you as a struggling Snooker Player Fix a match ?

Re: Match Fixing !!!!

Postby Lucky

I voted yes, as a guy with two kids, putting cash in the bank and food on the table is the number one priority, anyone who says a straight out no is talking bull in my opinion.........on reflection maybe a maybe would be a better vote <ok> So I'll try to change that.

Postby Wildey

yes and im sure kids would grow up having great respect for a father that spent time behind bars <ok>

Postby Lucky

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes and im sure kids would grow up having great respect for a father that spent time behind bars <ok>

Who was the last one to get sent down?

Or even get a criminal record? You'll be treated worse for speeding <ok>
Last edited by Lucky on 12 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Lucky balls wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:yes and im sure kids would grow up having great respect for a father that spent time behind bars <ok>

i want them shot so i would send them down 6 foot in a coffin <ok>
Last edited by Wildey on 12 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Lucky balls wrote:

Or even get a criminal record? You'll be treated worse for speeding <ok>

i agree even for not wearing a bucking seatbelt i got a breathalyser and a £60 fine lol

Postby Lucky

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:

i want them shot so i would send them down 6 feet in a coffin <ok>

That aint going to happen, you spend a great deal of timing argueing that the sport is clean, due to no convictions being brought. Its a catch 22, until you admit theres a problem, its a punishmant free option <ok>

Postby Lucky

NedB-H wrote:I said straight out no <ok>

You ever been offered a straight up 5-6 figure earner that is almost impossible to get caught and convicted at?

Postby GJ

my answer is maybe

if i badly needed the money i wouldnt rule it out <ok>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:my answer is maybe

if i badly needed the money i wouldnt rule it out <ok>

thats an honest answer, and really the poll needs 3 options ...... circumstances might force the issue.

I have a friend who lives in Trowbridge and works in our company. He has seen MrLee and gave me his opinion of him as a person. I have alsio met (very briefly) MrLee prior to his match vs Judd Trump at last years Qualifiers.

Hard to have a real opinion but if I am asked on the spot would he throw a match - I would say yes. <ok>

I raised the issue when Trump beat ROS (in GP) and also when Walden beat ROS (Shanghai) - I felt they were dodgey matches, and still have that opinion. :huh:

Postby Wildey

theres absolutely no circumstance in which id lose on purpose never ever ever.

as a kid playing snooker on a 6 foot table with my sister who lets just say was a bad loser and believe me she would swing that cue in a tantrum if she lost and whacked me on the nut......but that just made me more determined to beat her up at snooker for no money and a knock across my head.

Postby NedB-H

Lucky balls wrote:
NedB-H wrote:I said straight out no <ok>

You ever been offered a straight up 5-6 figure earner that is almost impossible to get caught and convicted at?

Nope

I still say straight out no <ok>

Postby Wildey

with me it isnt even a case of whats right or wrong im just so passionate about stuff i dont see the point doing anything if you not putting 100% in to it at all times.

Postby GJ

its all black and white isnt it :chin:

LIFE ISNT ALWAYS THAT SIMPLE

<doh>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:its all black and white isnt it :chin:

LIFE ISNT ALWAYS THAT SIMPLE

<doh>

it is

people just complicate it by being stupid.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:
it is

people just complicate it by being stupid.

<laugh>

Not many things are black and white for me, this is one of the ones that is <ok>

Postby Wildey

i understand people get desperate and some would do anything to get out of a financial nightmare but once you cross that line the nightmare will get worst....

eventually you feel you got to tell someone then that someone drunk in a bar tells someone else and before you know it cops at the door etc.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:i understand people get desperate and some would do anything to get out of a financial nightmare but once you cross that line the nightmare will get worst....

eventually you feel you got to tell someone then that someone drunk in a bar tells someone else and before you know it cops at the door etc.

good point mate it would soon spiral out of control

Postby Wildey

maybe Stephen was desperate for another pie who knows lol

Postby Bourne

No absolutely not. It happens a lot in tennis btw, but no arrests are ever made, so snooker isn't exactly behind everyone else in acting on cheats.

Postby Wildey

Regarding outing potential cheats Snooker is ahead of the game pity the legal farce that follows takes so long.

Postby Rocket_ron

I voted No, Reason being its wrong to parakeet and it always comes back at you.

If stephen lee is guilty of cheating/match fixing then i will be very dissapointed in him.

Postby Eirebilly

I am not a fool and i am not kidding myself either so may straight out answer is NO. I have far to much love and respect for the game that i wouldnt want to tarnish it.