Topic locked

World Championship (Road to the Crucible) The Judgement !!!

Postby Wildey

Stage 3 Saturday 12th of March & Sunday 13th of March
At the Badminton Hall, English Institute of Sport, Sheffield.

It The Judgement Round where 16 out of 32 players will make it to the Crucible.

The Players thats Made it this far are

Liu Song,Liu Chaung,David Gilbert and Andrew Paggett have made it from Round 4 and Alan Mcmanus, Rory McLeod,Jamie Burnett,Mike Dunn,Michael Holt,Robert Milkins,Fergal O'Brien,Matthew Selt,Anthony Hamilton,Steve Davis and Dave Harold From Round 6.

Order Of Play For the Final Round is

Saturday March 12

10am

Mark Davis v Rory McLeod
Joe Perry v Liu Song
Liang Wenbo v Jamie Burnett
Mark King v Mike Dunn
Dominic Dale v Michael Holt
Martin Gould v Robert Milkins

2.30pm

Ryan Day v Liu Chuang
Judd Trump v David Gilbert
Matthew Stevens v Fergal O'Brien
Marcus Campbell v Matthew Selt

7pm

Mark Davis v Rory McLeod
Joe Perry v Liu Song
Liang Wenbo v Jamie Burnett
Mark King v Mike Dunn
Dominic Dale v Michael Holt
Martin Gould v Robert Milkins

Sunday March 13

10am

Barry Hawkins v Anthony Hamilton
Stephen Lee v Steve Davis
Gerard Greene v Dave Harold
Stuart Bingham v Alan Mcmanus
Andrew Higginson v Andrew Pagett
Ken Doherty v Jimmy Robertson

2.30pm

Ryan Day v Liu Chuang
Judd Trump v David Gilbert
Matthew Stevens v Fergal O'Brien
Marcus Campbell v Matthew Selt

7pm

Barry Hawkins v Anthony Hamilton
Stephen Lee v Steve Davis
Gerard Greene v Dave Harold
Stuart Bingham v Alan Mcmanus
Andrew Higginson v Andrew Pagett
Ken Doherty v Jimmy Robertson

PREDICTION CONTEST

LIVE SCORING

Re: World Championship (Road to the Crucible) The Judgment !

Postby Tubberlad

Great stuff Wild <ok>

What I'd like to see:
McLeod, Song, Wenbo, King, Holt. Gould, Day, Trump, Stevens, Selt, Hawkins, Davis, Harold, Bingham, Higginson & Robertson

What I think will happen:
McLeod, Perry, Burnett, King, Dale, Gould, Hawkins, Lee, Harold, Bingham, Higginson, Doherty, Day, Trump, Stevens, Campbell to go thorugh

In other words, either way we're not going to see much new at the Crucible this year...

Postby Wildey

yes its a real shame the likes of Jones,White and Lisowski lost i actually predicted White and Jones losing but i wanted them to win but Jack Losing was a body blow for the Potential of the Tournament had he manged to beat Lee in the next Round.

its all very well and good wanting steve winning but what does he give us these days just more qualifiers over 30 than ever before.

Postby randam05

I dont care about these youngsters in all honesty. They have years and years left to learn and progress. Perhaps they need to be in positions like last night with lisowski to toughen them up and help them learn. <ok>

I just think what Davis done last night was absoloutley incredible. No one is giving him enough respect. I dont believe it actually happened. Extremely well played. I just dont understand why everyone thought a lisowski win would be better for snooker? Surely davis qualifying is a fairytale story again like last year and capture the heart of millions and get the country talking about snooker. Although he must get past the chicken little pig.

Legend, still sends shivers down my spine with excitement.

Postby randam05

Also, dont know if anyone looked at the results scores.

Breaks of = 91, 61, 94, 101, 105, 80 and 38 in the decier. Not good for snooker? sorry but he makes more frame winning breaks than a lot of these young talents at the moment! That is pretty impressive really!

Postby Roland

It does read like a who's who of early Crucible exits over the last 10 years or so when you look at the last qualifying round draw.
I hope little Robbo and Chuang reach the final stages for some new blood. I'm sure Trump will get there but he's not new blood any more.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:It does read like a who's who of early Crucible exits over the last 10 years or so when you look at the last qualifying round draw.
I hope little Robbo and Chuang reach the final stages for some new blood. I'm sure Trump will get there but he's not new blood any more.

He's only 21 though, in today's era in the top-32, it's extremely young <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Randam, I probably respect Davis & Hendry more than any other players in this game, and believe you me I was SCREAMING him to victory against John Higgins last year. What Davis did at the Crucible in 2010 was beyond amazing and underlined just how great a player he has been. He was actually fantastic in the opening session of that match, he just shut John out, and that's what won it really.

Postby Wildey

the avarage age of the players in the Last Qualifying Round is about 35.

9 under 3os and 4 under 25s

Liu Chaung 20
Judd Trump 21
Liang Wenbo 24
Jimmy Robertson 24
Matthew Selt 26
Liu Song 27
Martin Gould 29
David Gilbert 29
Andrew Pagett 29

there are 17 over 35 in the final qualifying Round and 5 of them 40 or above.

Randam we better start caring about youngsters because the life blood is drying up.

Postby GJ

i woud like to see the following qualify

M davis
GL
Wenbo
King
Holt
Gould

Day
Trump
Stevens
Selty

Hamilton
S Davis
Greene
Mcmanus
Pagget
Poor mans robbo

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Judd the youngest 17-32 by three years and 8 years to the next !!! Wow no pressure then !

imagine if White,Bond and Drago got through there would be more over 40s than under 30s

Jimmy Robertson 24, Liu Chaung 20 and Andrew Paggett 29 wouldnt be there leaving 8 over 40s and 6 under 30s.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Think McLeod, Perry, Wenbo, King, Dale, Gould, Day, Trump, Stevens, Campbell, Hawkins, Lee, Harold, Bingham, Higginson and Doherty will make it, but could be some close matches.

Mark Davis v McLeod, Wenbo v Burnett, Dale v Holt, Gould v Milkins, Hawkins v Hamilton, Greene v Harold in my view could go either way. Going to be exciting stuff.

Postby Roland

Right that's it. After last night's drama I've decided I'm going tomorrow to support Liang Wenbo and keep an eye on Gould v Milkins which should be quick fire entertainment. Hopefully the games are side by side. I will probably tweet updates given how easy it is to use compared to a forum on a mobile device. PSB Matt has shown the way.