Topic locked

Who reaches the final qualifying-round ?

Poll ended at 09 Mar 2011

Steve Davis
40%
Jack Lisowski
60%

Total votes : 10

World Championships Qualifying 2011: S Davis 10-9 Lisowski

Postby Bourne

The standout match of the qualifiers so far pits 6-time world champ and last year's surprise quarter-finalist at the Crucible up against one of the hottest young prospects on tour today.

Who will win this battle of old vs young, experience vs youth, past vs future ?

Re: World Championships Qualifying 2011: S Davis vs Lisowski

Postby Witz78

Jack will leapfrog Steve in the rankings if he wins.

Symbolically it will be like a changing of the guard as Steve slides closer to relegation and retirement in the dusk of his career whilst Jack s career progression is just starting like the sun dawning.

For what its worth i think Steve has lost heart and the last of his desire this season and i would expect an announcement shortly or at the Crucible that Steve has retired. Could potentially open the door for Hearn to offer Brecel a WC onto tour should he fail to negotiate Q School

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Jack will leapfrog Steve in the rankings if he wins.

Symbolically it will be like a changing of the guard as Steve slides closer to relegation and retirement in the dusk of his career whilst Jack s career progression is just starting like the sun dawning.

For what its worth i think Steve has lost heart and the last of his desire this season and i would expect an announcement shortly or at the Crucible that Steve has retired. Could potentially open the door for Hearn to offer Brecel a WC onto tour should he fail to negotiate Q School

there will not be a wild card if Steve retires WN 65 Becomes 64 and still all the other routes available.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Jack will leapfrog Steve in the rankings if he wins.

there will not be a wild card if Steve retires WN 65 Becomes 64 and still all the other routes available.

we'll see :john:

potentially someone can win their national title or whatever tournament it is that gets them a nomination onto tour AFTER theyve already qualified via Q School

Im sure Matts PSB site alluded to somewhere that WSA discretion would then be used.

If there is a WC, then nobody would deserve it more than Luca <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Dang man, a match like this really needs televising, it really does. :sad:

I like Steve, despite his rudeness when I met him. And I'd love it if he had another run-out at The Crucible. But Steve's been there and done it, Lisowski is up and coming and could do with the experience. As long as he doesn't Joe Delaney it, I'd like to see Lisowski at The Crucible. But whether he will or not, remains to be seen. It'll be an amazing experience for the lad, playing a legend like Steve Davis. Will he be overawed by looking at a legend who bleeds snooker? Either way, first Higgins in a ranker, then the legend of Davis. You can't buy experience like that. It'll be good for the lad.

I reckon Steve's safety and knowledge of the game ties Lisowski up in knots, but young Jack learns plenty from this loss. <ok>

Postby Roland

I'm with everyone else apart from Alex - I would like to see Jack at the Crucible. There's no way you can write off Davis though, everyone should know that. If Jack wins he'll be put well under the cosh and he'll have to work for it like he's never worked for a victory before.

Postby Bourne

I think I can really see a 10-9 here, both will have a lot of respect for one another and not take eachother lightly. Lisowski will win most of the open frames, Davis will win most of the scrappy frames ... hard to pick a winner :grrr:

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:I think I can really see a 10-9 here, both will have a lot of respect for one another and not take eachother lightly. Lisowski will win most of the open frames, Davis will win most of the scrappy frames ... hard to pick a winner :grrr:

when is this match...............? <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Bourne wrote:I think I can really see a 10-9 here, both will have a lot of respect for one another and not take eachother lightly. Lisowski will win most of the open frames, Davis will win most of the scrappy frames ... hard to pick a winner :grrr:

when is this match...............? <ok>

Jinx.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wish this was on telly. :sad:

I thought you had EuroSport <ok>

I do. Are they putting qualifiers on Eurosport? :huh:

110sport were offered 200k from Sky Sports to screen them on the TV but refused <doh>

How come?

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wish this was on telly. :sad:

I thought you had EuroSport <ok>

I do. Are they putting qualifiers on Eurosport? :huh:

110sport were offered 200k from Sky Sports to screen them on the TV but refused <doh>

You are kidding, right?