Topic locked

2010/11 - RELEGATION WATCH

Postby Witz78

Its down to the crunch now to see whos surviving n tour and who isnt and the picture is ever changing with the WC qualifiers in running at the moment meaning the top 64 keeps changing, thus having a knock on effect on the top 8 on the PTC Order of Merit who are outwith the top 64 but survive this way.

Lets use this thread to track who is safe, who is relegated and who is in danger.

Definetly relegated

Reanne Evans
Paul Davies
Patrick Einslie
Jak Jones
Patrick McGlinchley
Justin Astley
Michael Judge
TT

Re: 2010/11 - RELEGATION WATCH

Postby Witz78

CURRENT TOP8 IN PTC NOT ALREADY IN TOP 64 OF RANKINGS

66th - Couch 6,100
65th -Highfield 5,200
68th - Chuang 4,900
78th -Paggett 4,800
69th - White 4,000
74th - Davison 3,600
7oth - Woollason 3,600
75th - Figuerido 2,800

Postby Witz78

Liu Chuang now having beat Gray moves into the top 64 so his PTC top 8 place goes to Xiao Guodong on £2,800 PTC who drops to 65th in the rankings after Lius win

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:David Morris RELEGATED off tour now

shame good young player prefer him to stay on than journeyman clowns

Postby Wildey

he could be back in 3 months

Postby Tubberlad

That's a real pity. He's a very nice player and a pretty nice gent to boot. Hope it's a temporary absence :)

Postby Roland

How many can displace Igor?

I hope he gets another shot, same with Xiao

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:How many can displace Igor?

I hope he gets another shot, same with Xiao

i think Xiao has nailed his spot tonight and igor is still hanging on and i think it will take something amazing for him to lose out now

Postby Witz78

LATEST RANKINGS AFTER TONIGHTS MATCHES

59 Andy Hicks 17095
60 Ian McCulloch 16895
61 Xiao Guodong 16650
62 Bjorn Haneveer 16625
63 Jimmy Robertson 16620
64 Liu Chuang 16290
--------------------------------------------------------
65 Liu Song 16030 ***
66 Michael White 15650 ***
67 Liam Highfield 15645 ***
68 Ben Woollaston 15575 ***
69 Matt Couch 15460 ***
70 James Wattana 15435
71 Kyren Wilson 14520
72 Paul Davison 14335 ***
73 Patrick Wallace 14230
74 James McBain 14155
75 Andrew Pagett 13800 ***
76 David Morris 13525
77 Dave Gilbert 13495
78 Simon Bedford 13370
79 Igor Figueiredo 13365 ***
80 Joe Delaney 13025
81 Stuart Pettman 12850
82 Jimmy Michie 12140
83 T.Thirapongpaiboon 12140
84 Zhang Anda 11900
85 Kurt Maflin 11430
86 Kuldesh Johal 11365
87 Issara Kachaiwong 11190
88 Adam Wicheard 10795
89 Michael Judge 10665
90 Justin Astley 10305
91 Dermot McGlinchey 9545
92 Noppon Saengkham 9525
93 Jamie O’Neill 9405
94 Jak Jones 9230
95 Patrick Einsle 8365
96 Paul Davies 7920
97 Reanne Evans 7300

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:

and what makes david morris not a journeyman clown? :?

Postby Monique

The "journeymen clowns" have made the tour for many years and without them the sport wouldn't exist. No sport survives on 2 dozens of top competitors. Those guys have earned their spot and as long as they win matches to keep it they belong there.
Morris has to do the same and with the new system he will have the opportunity to do that in May. Not so long ago it would have been a year and Pontins...
BTW, yes he can play, but I'm not sure about his temperament under pressure.

Postby Roland

witz can you highlight those names still with matches to play before season is over

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:
GJ wrote:

he is 22 a journeyman suggests a player has been playing in mid and lower ranks for man years

<doh>

Postby wheelsofsteel

journeyman means someone who belongs to a trade who is time-served, after serving an apprenticeship, and then took to travel in order to work, hence a journeyman

many snooker players just serve very long apprenticeships without ever qualifying

Postby Roland

randam05 wrote:
GJ wrote:

The term journeyman isn't the most flattering term and no professional wants to be known as one even if they know they are deep down. But adding the word "clown" after it is blatantly disrespectful.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:
randam05 wrote:
GJ wrote:

The term journeyman isn't the most flattering term and no professional wants to be known as one even if they know they are deep down. But adding the word "clown" after it is blatantly disrespectful to Matthew Selt.

:idea:

Postby Roland

:redneck:

Who do you think of when you hear the term journeyman?

My first thoughts are those names which have been around for years but hardly ever reach the televised stages like Marcus Campbell, Rod Lawlor, Barry Pinches, Patrick Wallace, those sorts of names.

Andy Hicks as well - he is one of the most baffling. Didn't he reach the semi-finals of the World, Grand Prix and UK around the same time when he was early 20s? He went from potential top player to journeyman in a couple of seasons.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Sonny wrote::redneck:

Who do you think of when you hear the term journeyman?

My first thoughts are those names which have been around for years but hardly ever reach the televised stages like Marcus Campbell, Rod Lawlor, Barry Pinches, Patrick Wallace, those sorts of names.

Andy Hicks as well - he is one of the most baffling. Didn't he reach the semi-finals of the World, Grand Prix and UK around the same time when he was early 20s? He went from potential top player to journeyman in a couple of seasons.

I think of Marcus Campbell, Rod Lawler, Barry Pinches and Patrick Wallace :|

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:witz can you highlight those names still with matches to play before season is over

i'll get on the case later tonight mate when i get a chance.

Observations from today so far, Wattana will have to make the last 48 to stay on tour. Hicks and McCulloch should be safe even if they lose (unfortunately)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:The "journeymen clowns" have made the tour for many years and without them the sport wouldn't exist. No sport survives on 2 dozens of top competitors. Those guys have earned their spot and as long as they win matches to keep it they belong there.
Morris has to do the same and with the new system he will have the opportunity to do that in May. Not so long ago it would have been a year and Pontins...

totally agree they there on merit and many more will stay on tour no matter what the system is...

PTC and Rolling rankings saved Pinches this season.

Pinches started this season ranked 57th having to play 3 qualifiers in every event under the old system but with good PTC Results hes now 39th on the projected Rankings for the end of this season.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:The "journeymen clowns" have made the tour for many years and without them the sport wouldn't exist. No sport survives on 2 dozens of top competitors. Those guys have earned their spot and as long as they win matches to keep it they belong there.

totally agree they there on merit and many more will stay on tour no matter what the system is...

Pinches started this season ranked 57th having to play 3 qualifiers in every event under the old system but with good PTC Results hes now 39th on the projected Rankings for the end of this season.

:zzz:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote::bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: <ok>

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

GJ <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

GJ <ok>

surely your interested in whos ranked where, stays on tour etc <doh>