Topic locked

Ken Doherty vs Li Hang

Postby SnookerFan

I see Ken has qualified and is playing Li Hang in the Wildcard Round.

I don't know anything about Hang. Is there anybody on the Island who is more knowledgeable that can tell me about him? Is he just another Chinese journeyman they've stuck in, that will fall at the first hurdle. Or is this some young Wonderkid, that might Ding Junhui it and do well.

I ask, because since dropping out of the top-16, Ken-Do has been a bit hit and miss. He's qualified for some tournaments, but not all. He tends not to get beyond the first match when he has, but he has done on a couple of occasions. If it's against some young up and coming player, I wouldn't be 100% confident of a Ken win. If it was against some guy who is like 47, and only played twice in his life, or some speckly 12 year old who is more worried about puberty then snooker, I'd have more faith in Ken to mark hard work of a 5-4 win. <laugh>

How do people see this match going?

Re: Ken Doherty vs Li Hang

Postby Witz78

Hes 20 year old and was on the main tour last season and 08/09. You must recognise the name at least surely

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Hes 20 year old and was on the main tour last season and 08/09. You must recognise the name at least surely

No, to be honest I don't. I don't tend to look too closely at the qualifying rounds. I tend to cast my eyes over whose beaten who when the qualification is done, and that's about it. Sometimes if a final match before qualifying throws up two recent top-16ers I might take an interest, but that's about it.

I have no recollection of ever see Li Hang's name anywhere at all.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Hes 20 year old and was on the main tour last season and 08/09. You must recognise the name at least surely

No, to be honest I don't. I don't tend to look too closely at the qualifying rounds. I tend to cast my eyes over whose beaten who when the qualification is done, and that's about it. Sometimes if a final match before qualifying throws up two recent top-16ers I might take an interest, but that's about it.

I have no recollection of ever see Li Hang's name anywhere at all.

that surprises me greatly since your obviously a snooker addict :chin:

sometimes following the qualifying and looking out for players you like to do well is as exciting as the tournament itself.

So are you not really fussed by the action taking place at the moment?

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

sometimes following the qualifying and looking out for players you like to do well is as exciting as the tournament itself.

Depends what you mean by fussed. Obviously I care, and I have people I want to qualify for the tournament. I aint interested in sitting and watching live text come in though. I'll cast my eye over the final scores, and will maybe look at it more closely when it gets towards the end.

I'd watch it if it was on telly. I just aint sitting there waiting for the scores to update themselves.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Depends what you mean by fussed. Obviously I care, and I have people I want to qualify for the tournament. I aint interested in sitting and watching live text come in though. I'll cast my eye over the final scores, and will maybe look at it more closely when it gets towards the end.

I'd watch it if it was on telly. I just aint sitting there waiting for the scores to update themselves.

part time snooker fan <ok> :wave:

Postby Witz78

ATTENTION WILD :D:

YOUR PEACEMAKING "SKILLS" ARE REQUIRED TO SORT OUT THESE NANCY BOYS HAVING A FIGHT WITH THEIR HANDBAGS :limp:

Postby Alex0paul

He had a really good first season but his second season wasn't too good and it wasn't helped with missing an event because of visa problems.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:ATTENTION WILD :D:

YOUR PEACEMAKING "SKILLS" ARE REQUIRED TO SORT OUT THESE NANCY BOYS HAVING A FIGHT WITH THEIR HANDBAGS :limp:

<laugh>

Oh Wild, use your diplomatic skills. Tell us how we're bucking fuckity morons from Fuckland, Ohio. <laugh> :bowdown: