Poll ended at 29 Mar 2011

Marco Fu
64%
Judd Trump
36%

Total votes : 14

China Open 2011 R1: Trump def. Fu 5-3

Postby Bourne

Match of the first-round in China pits Masters finalist Marco Fu up against exciting, improving youngster Judd Trump who continues his rapid rise up the rankings.

Fu made the quarter-finals at this tournament last year but has had a mixed season in 2010/11, whilst Judd Trump is amongst the most consistent performers this season and comfortably qualified for this event with an emphatic 5-1 victory over Ben Woolaston in the final qualifying round.

Who do you see coming out on top in this encounter ?!?!?!

Edit: Result = Judd Trump wins 5-3 and plays Mark C Davis in R2 :clap:

Re: China Open 2011 R1: Fu vs Trump (Wed 30 March)

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Williams is going to win the match of the first round....

But, out of Fu vs Trump, it's tough to call. Apart from the Masters final, Fu's had a pretty grim season. If he plays as badly as he has been, Fu will lose to Trump. But I get sick of expecting Trump to do anything much, if I'm honest. Every time he's in a tournament, you want to see him play well, and he keeps getting knocked out early.

There's potential there, but for some reason he's not realising it. :sad:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Fu is on form ? :?

well against trump he is.

German Masters semi
Masters Final

OK I forgot about the German, but Judd's had a much more consistent season and picked up wins everywhere he's gone <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

German Masters semi
Masters Final

OK I forgot about the German, but Judd's had a much more consistent season and picked up wins everywhere he's gone <ok>

He is a poor mans Mark King at the moment. Reaching last 32 of every tournament but pretty much never going further, he has found his level.

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

German Masters semi
Masters Final

He is a poor mans Mark King at the moment. Reaching last 32 of every tournament but pretty much never going further, he has found his level.

rofl :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

German Masters semi
Masters Final

<laugh>

bucking hell. How awful must a poor man's Mark King be? The real Mark King aint that great.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:well against trump he is.

German Masters semi
Masters Final

rofl :wave:

mate he really has to push on from there you got to accept that.

for how long will failing to reach last 16 be acceptable for a up and coming 22 year old ?

Postby Bourne

He's 21 <laugh> A player of his age who is making strides UP the game, UP the rankings, is WINNING tournaments and CONSISTENTLY making TV venues is not someone who's found his level as a nearly man, I see it as someone who's making progress in the game and who we just need to be a little more patient with <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He's 21 <laugh> A player of his age who is making strides UP the game, UP the rankings, is WINNING tournaments and CONSISTENTLY making TV venues is not someone who's found his level as a nearly man, I see it as someone who's making progress in the game and who we just need to be a little more patient with <ok>

so is 35 to young to talk in terms of trump reaching a Quarter final again ?

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's 21 <laugh> A player of his age who is making strides UP the game, UP the rankings, is WINNING tournaments and CONSISTENTLY making TV venues is not someone who's found his level as a nearly man, I see it as someone who's making progress in the game and who we just need to be a little more patient with <ok>

so is 35 to young to talk in terms of trump reaching a Quarter final again ?

We won't be talking about QFs being good results for JT in the near future, put it that way :D I firmly believe he'll win a ranking tournament in the next 14 months <ok> :mosh2:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:If Judd doesnt make at least the semis in either the PTC Finals, China Open or Worlds this season i will be majorly surprised

Yeh preferably all three though <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:If Judd doesnt make at least the semis in either the PTC Finals, China Open or Worlds this season i will be majorly surprised

mate how would it be a surprise that a player whos only twice got past the Last 32 in 39 Ranking tournaments played if he dont reach the semis of either of the 3 remaining tournaments <doh> and just for good measure <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

mate how would it be a surprise that a player whos only twice got past the Last 32 in 39 Ranking tournaments played if he dont reach the semis of either of the 3 remaining tournaments <doh> and just for good measure <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Pretty much my response, with less <doh> -ing of course. <laugh>

He might do well in the PTCs, as they are shorter matches, and thusly more designed to equalise the players. But then they said that about the World Open. <laugh>

I'd be surprised if he got to the semis of the China Open, and if he got to the semis of the Crucible I'd consider it a massive massive upset.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

bookmark it

the time has come for Judd, i can sense glory is around the corner, call it Intuitive Improvisation if you will. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

bookmark it

the time has come for Judd, i can sense glory is around the corner, call it Intuitive Improvisation if you will. <ok>

agree

the time has come for the last 2 years but it wont be a shock if he dont make it.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

bookmark it

You said that before he played the awesome might of a geriatric Hendry, and Judd still managed to fluff it. How many times is he going to arrive? The way you go on, anybody would think this was the Judd Trump fan site. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

bookmark it

You said that before he played the awesome might of a geriatric Hendry, and Judd still managed to fluff it. How many times is he going to arrive? The way you go on, anybody would think this was the Judd Trump fan site. <laugh>

It soon will be <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
It soon will be <ok>

I disagree. The way you suck his nutsack at the moment, when his biggest achievement is winning the Championship League, by the time he wins a real tournament, you'll have made sure we're all sick of hearing about him. <laugh>