Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship (Road to the Crucible) !

Postby Wildey

Stage 1 Thursday 3rd of March
Stage 2 Friday 4th of March~Thursday 10th of March
Stage 3 Saturday 12th of March & Sunday 13th of March

At the English Institute of Sport World Snooker Academy and The Badminton Hall, Sheffield.

So here we go again with the Qualifiers in a atempt to play at the Snooker Mecca The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield. 109 Players will Start out with only 16 Players Making their way to face The Top 16 at the Crucible to try and replace Australian Neil Robertson as World Champion.

Former Ranking Event Winners Tony Knowles and David Gray will be Starting out on Thursday on a Very long 12 Sessions of Snooker if they are to appear at the Crucible.

David Gray was infact the Last player Jimmy White played at the Crucible when David beat him 10-5 in 2006 so Can Jimmy White Get back to the Crucible after 4 years Missing ? Can Steve Davis reach his 31st Crucible Campaign ? and Will Judd Trump make it This Year for the second time after his 2007 Debut ?

All these Questions and More will Be answered over 11 Days in March.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

LIVE SCORING

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship (Road to the Crucible) !

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Stage 1 may start to grow year after year now with players not needing to resign their WPBSA membership if they drop off the tour to get back on.

yes theres nothing at all to stop stage 1 starting in January.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Stage 1 may start to grow year after year now with players not needing to resign their WPBSA membership if they drop off the tour to get back on.

IMO the WC qualifing should be open to all just like the World Open was <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

why not its a easy thing to do top 32 on the PTC order of merit thats not on the MT plays in the WC Stage 1.

then the PTC itself is part of the WC.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 3rd of March

Best of 9 Frames

10am

Sam Baird v Colin Mitchell
Tony Brown v Ali Bassiri
David Singh v David Gray
Ian Stark v Paul Cavney

2.30pm

Phillip Minchin v Stephen Rowlings
Tony Knowles v Del Smith
Les Dodd v Stephen Ormerod

7pm

Neil Selman v Sam Baird/Colin Mitchell
Tony Brown/Ali Bassiri v David Singh/David Gray
Ian Stark /Paul Cavney v Phillip Minchin/Stephen Rowlings
Tony Knowles/Del Smith v Les Dodd/Stephen Ormerod

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

why not its a easy thing to do top 32 on the PTC order of merit thats not on the MT plays in the WC Stage 1.

then the PTC itself is part of the WC.

<ok> got to hand it to you, thats a bloody great suggestion !!!

Postby Wildey

your talking about players like Daniel Wells 30th almost £7,000,Alan Taylor 64th and Michael Walsely 65th these guys are genuine pro standard players but theres only room for 96 on tour so it only makes sense to award WC Spots based on achievement no disrespect to Les Dodd and Tony Knowles but they are 50 somethings with little if no hope.

i expect David Gray to Be top dog tomorrow.

Top 32 not on main tour
Daniel Wells
Allan Taylor
Michael Wasley
Luca Brecel
Stuart Carrington
James McGouran
Andrew Norman
Ian Burns
Craig Steadman
Chen Zhe
Stephen Craigie
Leo Fernandez
Ian Glover
Chris Norbury
David Grace
Adam Duffy
Ben Harrison
Jamie Walker
David Singh
Mitchell Mann
Aditya Mehta
Martin O'Donnell
Jordan Brown
Nick Jennings
Lasse Munstermann
Sam Thistlewhite
Michael Wild
Sam Baird
Alex Davies
Ralph Enax
Michel Heeger
Jurgen Kesseler

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:what a weird frame just over 50 points scored

What's the lowest score you can win a frame with?

You could have 15 breaks of 1, then add yellow, green, and brown to go 24 -0 up with only 18 left.

If you are talking about with every ball potted, then I guess it would be 35 points, as long as one player was more than 7 points ahead. ie 22-13(black not required)

I was playing a guy for money once and he conceded with all 15 reds on the table, without a point scored! :pres:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
You could have 15 breaks of 1, then add yellow, green, and brown to go 24 -0 up with only 18 left.

If you are talking about with every ball potted, then I guess it would be 35 points, as long as one player was more than 7 points ahead. ie 22-13(black not required)

I was playing a guy for money once and he conceded with all 15 reds on the table, without a point scored! :pres:

No I meant literally. How low is it possible to do it with? Guess I could've worked that out. <laugh>

Ps. Was the person you were playing Ronnie O'Sullivan? <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

No I meant literally. How low is it possible to do it with? Guess I could've worked that out. <laugh>

Ps. Was the person you were playing Ronnie O'Sullivan? <laugh>

Even Ronnie doesn't concede with 15 reds left, it's usually 11 or 12!

That Gray vs Singh frame was 19-9 on the colours thanks to Singh's 14 break!

I won a full frame 35-15 once, although my opponent conceded on the blue with just 1 snooker required, because he said he had a headache!

rofl

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:Paul Cavney who is playing Ian Stark this morning reached the crucible in 1995 where he lost 10-2 to Tony Drago.

:zzz:

had to say something lol

give me a bucking break <laugh>