Post a reply

Q&A: Snooker Island style

Postby Tubberlad

This is a Q&A from an interview with Peter Ebdon recently, and a member of break-off decided to put it to the users of the site. I actually think it's an excellent idea, and would be a good way to introduce yourself here. So, here goes:

What’s your earliest memory? Getting a pedal tractor for Christmas from good old Santa, don't know what age I was. Will say about three.

Who do you most admire? My late bother Martin, my older brother Kieran and my Dad. No famous person comes close. Also my mother for putting up with me

What are you afraid of? I've a terrible fear of heights actually. We went on a school tour to Paris last year, was the only person who didn't make the top of the Eiffel Tower, much to my shame. Doesn't take much of a height to have me shaking.

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Clint Eastwood, but Brad Pitt is probably the only guy who could do me any justice LOL. Would like a little Morgan Freeman narration.

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Drinking or sex would be my favourite pleasures I suppose, don't really feel guilty though. Well, sometimes if I drink too much.

What was the most trouble you got into at school? Been suspended a couple of times, broke a window once in a fit of anger.

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? Outside of a car.....probably my i-touch.

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Sigur Ros - Hopipolla, Stairway to Heaven, Eminem - Lose Yourself, Arcade Fire - Intervention.

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? To see my brother again, and to see my future family, touch wood.

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A cheetah, or a Gold-Cup winning racehorse

---------------------------------------------
And, here's the template:

Your Name... Q&A (SF member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory?
Who do you most admire?
What are you afraid of?
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role?
What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
What was the most trouble you got into at school?
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car?
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you?
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go?
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose?

Re: Q&A: Snookerfanatic style

Postby Bourne

Your Name... Q&A (SF member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory? Kindergarten, waving and crying as my parents left.
Who do you most admire? Matt Damon, because he's such a cool dude.
What are you afraid of? Being afraid.
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Matt Damon.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Joyriding late at night.
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Putting maggots in my English teachers desk drawer :ahh:
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? Hotel room.
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? N.E. Oasis song.
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Forward, so I can make some uber-money from bets <cool>
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A tortoise, what a chilled out life they lead.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Since I posted mine on Break-Off.

What’s your earliest memory? I remember a neighbour who died in October 1988. I would have been two.
Who do you most admire? My family. Who else could I pick?
What are you afraid of? Nothing. Used to be the dark.
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Me. My ego would be out of control.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Nothing
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Showing everyone my cockerel on the school bus when I was eight. <doh>
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? I went to America once.
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? The moment is as important as the song.
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Neither.
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A dog.

Postby Cheesyman99

Cheesyman99 Q&A (SF member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory? Scared as hell on first day of school
Who do you most admire? Dunno
What are you afraid of? Snakes, losing in snooker
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Morgan Freeman, he is nothing like me but he's so awesome.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Dunno
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Dunno, I'm a good boy
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? Nintendo DS, cost me £150
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? LOL - Love Leaves No Scar
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Ten Years forward to see if I become professional at snooker or not.
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A cat, cos their cool

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Your Name... Q&A (JohnFromLondonTown member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory? Seeing a man lying on the road crying, pointing at his leg, which was the other side of the road. I just remember looking at him & my Dad, God rest his soul, rushing me away.
Who do you most admire? My wife.
What are you afraid of? Killing a burglar.
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Not sure, probably someone looking for a break.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Having an occasional J when everyone has gone to bed.
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Joined in with some lads ripping slates of the roof. <doh>
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? Land
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Loads, depends on the mood & what I'm doing.
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Forward to have a look around me & have a nose.
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A Dolphin.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Sonny wrote:What are you afraid of? Killing a burglar

rofl

I'm telling the truth, genuine. I've got a hammer under my bed which has got any burglar's name on it. <ok>

Postby Roland

Fair enough... I doubt there'll be a funnier answer to that question throughout the rest of the thread though!

Sonny Q&A (SF member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory? Trying to copy a family friend by eating an apple by holding the stalk and eating round it and the stalk snapped before the first bite and I cried

Who do you most admire? Chief Sitting Bull, Lance Armstrong, Frank Zappa

What are you afraid of? Getting illness / injury which stops me from doing things I take for granted

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Clint Eastwood

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? The occasional J

What was the most trouble you got into at school? Joining in pelting the school over the road using stones and tennis rackets... lots of things I got away with so don't count. The most serious trouble was probably not taking my "mock" A-level exams seriously and nearly getting kicked out of school based on the results.

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? plasma tv, skiing holiday

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? I'm inspired so much by music I can't answer this question because it infers one piece of music over others and that's impossible for me

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? The obvious answer is back so I can make money by betting on outcomes I already know

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? cat

Postby Witz78

I have vague memories of various things, but first thing i can 100% remember is being at a street party in 1981 in Manchester to celebrate Charles and Diana getting married.

Who do you most admire?

Margaret Thatcher, Michael Schumacher and Roger Moore.

What are you afraid of?

Labour winning the next election and Ronnie not winning the next World Championships

David Walliams

Alcohol and gambling probably

In Primary 6, me and a classmate were on TV and video duties and after the video the teacher showed us finished we had to unplug it, etc then push the trolley down the corridor to a cupboard. For some reason i still dont know, my mate hopped on one end of the trolley and i pushed it full speed. Of course, it eventually tipped and the TV and video were trashed. The 2 of us sheepishly walked back to the classroom in tears, wondering what our fate would be.

£500 on a spin at roulette probably, other than that probably beds, TVs, computers and stuff like that.

Anything at all by Michael Jackson, the man was an inspiration to a generation.

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go?

Id go back to 1980 and be about aged 20, not 2 that i was at the time. It was such a fun decade the 80s that id have liked to have enjoyed it as an adult rather than as a kid. Then again, i wouldnt have been adverse to going back even further, say to 1970 as the 70s was a colourful decade too.

If i had to go back to the 80s as a kid again (re-live my life basically) then id have stuck in at snooker practice far more than i did, either that or id have taken the go-karting more seriously too that i used to do.

Any bird, just so i could see everything from above and be able to fly. Either that or a tortoise as they live for about 200 years......

Postby Casey

What’s your earliest memory? Nursery school
Who do you most admire? Nelson Mandela Mo Mowlam, Stephen Hendry. People that maximise their potential
What are you afraid of? Death
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Daniel Day Lewis
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Procrastination
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Mooned at a teacher :ashamed:
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? A Shitz Shu
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Manic street preachers 'If you tolerate this then your children will be next'
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Back, To the rule of Oliver Cromwell and teach him a thing or two
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A Badger

Postby Smart

What’s your earliest memory?Falling off a wall and pulling my brother down at the same time - he broke his collar bone - I was fine. <laugh> My first Liverpool kit that I got.
Who do you most admire? Real hard to nail this down. Anyone who has maximised their potential I suppose. Frank Skinner is an obvious choice. Viv Richards. Seb Coe.
What are you afraid of? Anyone elses driving. Had some bad experiences abroad in particular and I am quite nervous when not driving.
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Daniel Craig <laugh>
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Alcohol
What was the most trouble you got into at school? Not sure
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? shares
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Tricky one..... there is so much. My car is full of CDs that are a real cross section. I like a lot of hard dance/trance but also like band music - depends on the mood.
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Back, to Ibiza 1996 or ClubLoco 1998.
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? Gorilla or Lion

Postby Alex0paul

Eating a biscuit after leaving nursery
Who do you most admire?
Graeme Dott
What are you afraid of?
Snakes and Heights. Also knowing when you are going to die.
Jack Lemmon but he is dead
Karaoke and Eurovision
Kicked the door down on someone when they were having a rubbish. Teabagging a teacher's mug.
32 inch TV
There are too many to name just one
1991 so I could turn pro
Cat

Postby Wildey

What’s your earliest memory? being dragged to school in the middle of a blizzard when i was about 7 (these days the school wouldnt open)
Who do you most admire? my mother and father
What are you afraid of? close family dying.
If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role?Clint Eastwood (go on punk/seifer ;) make my day)
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? being online with you lot when ive got so much other things i should be doing.
What was the most trouble you got into at school? i was a good boy in school lol
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? sex :evilgrin: na never did that lol i supose this computer and im stil paying for it having tits online being pin ends <laugh>
Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? god theres so many for different reasons.
If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go?back to the 90s and bring Hendry in to 2010 so i can tell people i told you so when he clears up silverware.
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? a shetland sheepdog i had 1 before he died and he was very lovable.

Postby markj147

Mark Jones... Q&A

What’s your earliest memory? A very hot summer and playing in the garden.

Who do you most admire? My parents

What are you afraid of? Beetles

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Morgan Freeman :ahh:

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Sneaking in to the snooker hall for a knock

What was the most trouble you got into at school? bunking off and being caught by the deputy head in a place that I shouldnt have been

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? engagement ring

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Anything from Linkin Park

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? back to the time when snooker was about to BOOM

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? Tiger

Postby Monique

What’s your earliest memory? Waking up and finding a new doll next to me on my pillow ... I was three at most and just caught the chicken pox

Who do you most admire? My late professor Paul Libois, he was a bright mind and lived his life to the full.

What are you afraid of? dogs.

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? hum... hard to call. They're all too attractive for the role ;) Mia Farrow maybe.

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? red wine.

What was the most trouble you got into at school? I was summoned by the head mistress to explain myself about a boy who was fetching me every day after school... I was 14. It took me over 15 minutes to understand what she meant, and another 15 minutes to convince her he was my brother (which he was!) that was before 1968... times have changed!

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? guess what? A camera!

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Komitas "Armenian Liturgy" or Janacek, Glagolytic Mass

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? In 1975 ...

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? A cat, a greek cat ;)

Postby Roland

I'm puzzled by wilds answer to the most expensive thing you've bought question, and also that he can't remember anything before the age of 7! That's got to be some record!

Postby Wildey

your confused that the most expensive thing ive caught was a computer ? now im confused :?

and as for not remembering before i was 7 in hindsight that blizzard excursion could have been earlier i only put 7 because i cant remember if i was 4,5,6 or 7 lol

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:your confused that the most expensive thing ive caught was a computer ? now im confused :?

and as for not remembering before i was 7 in hindsight that blizzard excursion could have been earlier i only put 7 because i cant remember if i was 4,5,6 or 7 lol

You caught it ? Did it fall off the back of the lorry by any chance :chin:

Postby Roland

rofl

We'll have to have another question now. What's the most expensive thing you've caught? :redneck:

wild it was more the bit about you paying for your computer by having tits online being pin ends that puzzled me :santa:

Postby rebecca

Rebecca... Q&A (SF member takes the hot seat.)

What’s your earliest memory? First day of school, I couldn't open my bag and the only other girl in my class, who is my neighbour, opened it for me.

Who do you most admire? My dad for overcoming alcoholism and Billie Joe Armstrong

What are you afraid of? Being alone

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? Haven't a clue

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Justin Timberlake :john: I also procrastinate too much

What was the most trouble you got into at school? Bunking off in 2nd year, got caught by the home ec teacher, and she said "Playing hide and seek are we girls" <laugh>

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? I've bought neither <laugh> But I am spending buck loads of money on concerts this year

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Anything by Green Day. They really did change my life and I have so much to thank them for.

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? I would forward to June 25th this year, its the day after my final exam, and I'll be able to do whatever the buck I like :D

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? Tiger, I have the hair colour <laugh>

Postby Wildey

rebecca wrote:
If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? Tiger, I have the hair colour <laugh>

more like a little red squirrel lol

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rebecca wrote:

:squirrel:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rebecca wrote:

:squirrel:

Postby SnookerFan

What’s your earliest memory? A few memories from pre-school. My mum stayed at home, whilst my dad worked, so spending time with my mum a lot. Probably lead me to be the big girl that I am. Most of my friends are women. :D

Who do you most admire? I'll be boring and say my parents. They've always been there for me, and I get most of my values from them.

What are you afraid of? Chorophobia. Weirdly, fear of dancing and dance floors. Yes, it's genuine. Google it.

If a film was made of your life, who would you want to play the lead role? James Corden. Yes, the guy is quite annoying, but I think that's how most people see me too. <laugh> And he's overweight.

What’s your guiltiest pleasure? The drinking is probably the guiltiest that I'd care to admit. Or watching Saturday morning cartoons.

What was the most trouble you got into at school? Was never really misbehaved as a kid. Silly things all kids get in trouble for. The odd detention for forgetting my homework, or my PE kit... Nothing more serious then that.

What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought, apart from a house or car? I dunno. Probably one of my snooker trips. Maybe when I went to the final of the world championships.... Pity the match itself was so rubbish.

Is there a piece of music which particularly inspires you? Grace Kelly by Mika..... (No not really, I just don't have one so thought I'd come up with a comedy answer.)

If you had a time machine and you could go anywhere forward or back, where would you go? Can't really think of anything. I'd say the 1960s to see what all the fuss is about, but considering that I am a miserable old man who hates going to parties, I'd probably find the whole thing rather rubbish..... At least they had better music in them days.

If you could come back in your next life as any animal, what would you choose? The Dodo bird. Now, I know what you're thinking, but I found a baby one in Croydon one time. It had been hit by a car and killed. This leads me to conclude they still survive as a species. (Although, that one was obviously dead.) Many people don't believe me, but I know what I saw. If it had occured to me at the time, and it hadn't have been so gross, I'd have picked it up and kept it. (No, I'm not joking. This really did happen to me.)

Postby Tubberlad

60's music <cool> now that could be my guilty pleasure, seeing as my friends wouldn't see it as very cool. I put down drinking & sex, but I'm not guilty about them at all rofl