Topic locked

Re: China Open Draw and Qualifying Format

Postby Wildey

what i dont understand now with the PTC Order of Merit available why cant they just stick in Daniel Wells and whoever was 2nd Amateur on that List.

Postby Rocket_ron

Round one Matches

1. Patrick Wallace v Zhang Anda
2. Liu Song v Noppon Saengkham
3. Xiao Guodong v Dermot McGlinchey
4. Simon Bedford v Kurt maplin
5. Andrew Pagett v Joe Delaney
6. Liam Highfield v Jamie O'Neill
7. David Morris v David Gilbert
8. Liu Chung v Jak Jones
9. Igor Figubirtedo v Kuldesh Johal
10. James McBain Walkover
11. Thanawat Thirapongpa v Issara Kachaiwong
12. Kyren Wilson Walkover
13. James Wattana v Justin astley
14. Ben woolaston v Reanne Evens
15. Paul S Davison v Adam Wichard
16. Michael White v Michael Judge

Postby Casey

Decent draw for Allen. Hendry will have it through against Stevens, I expect Ronnie to either withdraw or lose in the first round so Williams should have an easy path through to the QF's.

Postby Bourne

Christ how loaded is that top quarter ? OK Ronnie unlikely to play but you got Williams, Hendo and Ding (Hendo seems to own Ding for whatever reason :-( ), then first qualifiers you got Day and King (recent top-16) and Stevens provisionally top-20 and in decent form, then Stephen Lee who's dangerous on his day and even the 33-48 bracket with Hamilton and Harold who can be tricky.

Great draw for JT :D

Postby SnookerFan

We got the draw for the first round matches up yet? Aint got much Annual Leave left yet, but am thinking having a day off at some point to catch up with some best of 9 action. :D Who is playing when?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:We got the draw for the first round matches up yet? Aint got much Annual Leave left yet, but am thinking having a day off at some point to catch up with some best of 9 action. :D Who is playing when?

god we got World qualies,championship league,PTC Finals to play yet lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:We got the draw for the first round matches up yet? Aint got much Annual Leave left yet, but am thinking having a day off at some point to catch up with some best of 9 action. :D Who is playing when?

god we got World qualies,championship league,PTC Finals to play yet lol

<laugh> Championship League = :bird:

I'm looking forward to the PTCs actually, but if I'm going to use any time off, I'd rather see a best of nine match then best of seven. Haven't got time to do both unfortunately. :sad:

I just wondered if anybody knew anything, it is only a few weeks away.

Postby Bourne

Championship League winners group is alright, at least you can see the players have a bit of an edge and something significant to play for <ok> When is it ?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Championship League winners group is alright, at least you can see the players have a bit of an edge and something significant to play for <ok> When is it ?

Are they still showing it? I thought bet365 stopped showing the matches unless you paid? :huh:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Championship League winners group is alright, at least you can see the players have a bit of an edge and something significant to play for <ok> When is it ?

Are they still showing it? I thought bet365 stopped showing the matches unless you paid? :huh:

Stick £5 in
Put a bet on a 1/100 shot inplay
Win that bet
You're balance goes up to £5.05
BANK £5.04 of that, which leaves 0.01p in your account
VOILA - you have a funded account
AND
you're 4p up on the deal
Result !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Stick £5 in
Win that bet
AND
you're 4p up on the deal
Result !!!

Not really worth the trouble, to be honest. :roll:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Stick £5 in
Win that bet
AND
you're 4p up on the deal
Result !!!

WARNING
This method of account fund raising is endorsed by Willie Thorne who said he finally succeeded at the 17th attempt

Postby Wildey

March 23rd and 24th week after PTC Finals .

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:

Go on fromsport <ok> the semis tonight start at 5.30 then the final later on.

Postby SnookerFan

That bastion of factual excellence, wikipedia, has posted this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_China_Open_(snooker)

If this is true, and not just wikipedia talking it's normal rubbish, it looks like they have cut out the Wildcard round. Because all of the first round matches are announced. Not that this is any great loss, to be honest. It just gave the qualifiers a warm up game 9 times out of 10.

Some good matches there in prospect. Stephen Hendry vs Matthew Stevens. (Now we'll see who is more of a has-been.) <laugh> Mark Williams vs Stephen Lee. Dott vs Doherty.

But, it beggars one question in my mind. Who in the blue hell is Kurt Maflin?