Post a reply

Forever Jimmy is he getting wise?

Postby gallantrabbit

I`m loving this new live sre from Global snooker where it posts each individual break and miss from each player in games.
I was checking out Jimmy`s encounter with Dominic Dale.
I`ve been an arch critic of Jimmy`s for years at how he is trying to live in the past and should be living the present. I`ve been writing about him playing hit and run/nip and tuck for 5 years now. Is he finally taking this on board?
Take a look at the breakdown of his game with Dale:
FRAME DETAILS
FRAME 1(JIMMY WHITE)SCORE9 - 65DALE: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 9
WHITE: 8 13 1 F4 3 15 F4 1 16 ...

FRAME 2(JIMMY WHITE)SCORE0 - 75DALE: ... ... ... ... ...
WHITE: 14 F4 F4 15 38

Having trouble getting the other over, but just these two frames show me something. He`s scoring little (Jimmy) but apparently playing safe when he`s got nothing on..Many a time JIm has tried to kill off frames when he could have tucked up, but here either Dale is missing a bunch of sitters or he`s sitting on the baulk cushion?
I think JIm should have long adopted the take what`s on and run option, but the top players are so renowned for killing off frames, maybe he thought he had to too (and he does to a certain extent).
I like this approach though and it`s the one to be adopted in the World qualies and China. Then we might see some real progress towards the top 32.
Jimmy you`ve been playing to three dogs and their fleas. You don`t need to entertain them. Wait till you`re 4-0 up and 70 up and then put on a show. You`ve given us more than enough shows, now the true JImmy fans want step by step results.
Yesterday looks like we might be getting some.
Be luck fellow. :afro:

Re: Forever Jimmy is he getting wise?

Postby GJ

i watch live scoring on world snooker site

that is just head wrecking mate to be honest

Postby Roland

They had that stuff going on at the Masters across the bottom of the screen on the scoreboard and I still didn't understand it or the point of it by the time I left.

Postby Bourne

I only noticed it the other day during China qualies and I thought it was fantastic, why can't WS do that in theirs ?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Sportstat probably charge about a grand a day for it.

buck how can global afford that :?