Post a reply

Re: How highly do you rate Ali Carter?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:He's won two ranking events. Will he win any more? And will he ever win the Worlds, UK or the Masters?

Discuss.

I love his cue action, and reckon he is a really good player who just buckles a bit at crunch times. Defo good win more rankers, but to win the worlds the draw would have to open up for him and he would have to play out of his skin.

NOTE: His 147 celebration was the best of all time. <ok>

Postby GJ

Caledonian Craig wrote:A no thrills player who can't see winning a world title. Always there or thereabouts though I reckon.

A nearly man would be a fair description of alister

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:How highly do you rate Ali Carter?

About 5 ft 6! :evilgrin:

Have you ever noticed how the majority of snooker players are complete short-arses? Mark Selby is the only one that you'd consider tall. And you get a hell of a lot of people like Graeme Dott who are about 4'2''.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I dont know, ebdon and robertson arent short. Id say theres a fair mix.

I suppose. Ronnie I'd say was an inch or two above average. Not a giant. But I wouldn't classify him short.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

My mother is probably Carter's biggest fan, but I would rate him as mediocre. He is a very good player but has slipped down the rankings this season. Former World Championship finalist and loves the Welsh Open, but apart from that he just lacks a bit of class to win a UK or World Championship.

Postby vodkadiet

wheelsofsteel wrote:I don't reckon there is another pilot in the world who's as good as him

If I was on a plane and O'Sullivan was a fellow passenger, and Carter was flying it, I would get off. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:I don't reckon there is another pilot in the world who's as good as him

If I was on a plane and O'Sullivan was a fellow passenger, and Carter was flying it, I would get off. <ok>

You promise?