Topic locked

Re: Anyone seen the proposed 6 red WC rule changes?

Postby Roland

Set play! It's the only way to make 6 reds work. And having a second World Championships after the event in Ireland is taking the snake hiss a bit, especially holding it in the month of April which every snooker fan knows is only about one tournament.

Postby Lucky

It's more snooker I suppose, another earning opportunity for the players.....and at least the debacle of replacing the balls will be no more, other than that it's just a bit.....ho hum. Like Sonny says, in april this will slip completely under the radar <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I don't mind the rule changes as doing this adds to the appeal in my opinion as it gives it a bit of added publicity. As for the comp being held in April, I can see why they are doing it considering the 'main show' takes place that month. Again, a free bit of publicity.

Anyone know where this is being held?

Postby Wildey

is there going to be about 4 tournaments each year called World six Red championship with a rule change every tournament.....already 6 reds losing credibility.

Postby Wildey

sickpotter wrote:Did it have any to begin with? ;)

thing is if six red has a place in the game they cant have world championship every time the wind blows and changing rules at will.

Postby Wildey

thats good to know we do not want 6 reds popping up all over the shop but i see nothing wrong in having the six red WC as a annual event and id also like to see it with a sets format as has been mentioned by our chief and mentor sonny.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:thats good to know we do not want 6 reds popping up all over the shop but i see nothing wrong in having the six red WC as a annual event and id also like to see it with a sets format as has been mentioned by our chief and mentor sonny.

Agreed.

I found that event, that our friend John was in kind of entertaining. Obviously, we wouldn't want to see that sort of thing happening in ranking events. But for an annual event, letting in amateur players as well, nothing wrong with it. As long as it knows it's place. If anything, that idea appeals to me more then shot clock snooker.