Post a reply

Re: The 7th ranking tournament 2009/10

Postby Wildey

well dave hendon reported on it earlier this week.....i dont know if its true or not...

but as always my beedy little eye is open and searching for confirmation......heres a thought the Australian Open in the jungle with Jimmy White as NO 1 bush seed ;)

Postby Casey

Hendon said a few months ago that Bahrain wasn't dead in the water. With a full line up and better prize money it would be worth a go.

As long as its ranking I don't care, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in Ireland somewhere. There is an audience here for it and plenty of quality venues.

Postby Roland

I would be surprised. After all, surely what's best is venues where there's no paying public because then the players are guaranteed silence when on the shot. Bahrain is ideal.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:I would be surprised. After all, surely what's best is venues where there's no paying public because then the players are guaranteed silence when on the shot. Bahrain is ideal.

<laugh>

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Postby Tubberlad

If World snooker had any common sense, they's put a tournament in Mainland Europe, with Berlin being the obvious choice. But unfortunately, it looks like they'll persist with bloody Malta :huh:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:You never know, it could be in Berlin... but I doubt it.

That would be great, the players are always banging on about the Germans loving snooker. If its in Malta ok yes is a ranking event but it won't last. If Germany get one i would be confident they could make a success of it.

Postby Casey

World snooker have just announced a new ranking tournament to be held in Afghanistan in the new year.

Rodney Walker was beaming as he broke the excellent news to the media earlier today
"We are delighted to announce a new ranking event in kabul Afghanistan, This is a culmination of hard work over the last 5 years by the World snooker team.

Walker continues "We have yet to find a sponsor for the event, but in snooker we are not that keen on gaining sponsorship anyway. The WSA are very confident in this event, so much so that we have taken the budget from the masters and WC combined to fund this event. We expect to recoup this money from ticket sales, given that the matches are best of 1 frame we have no doubt that the crowds will flock to see the players in this short format.

“Thank you for your continued support through these tough times, if you would like to buy tickets please contact the Ministry of Defence who will be organising all transport into and out of the country. “

Regards,

Rodders