Topic locked

what are you looking forward to......

Postby Smart

This year I am even more enthusiastic about travelling to Snooker City. Yes sir, previous visits have left me totally fulfilled but this year I am so looking forward to the trip.

From a viewing perspective I would love to see Ding in action, as I really appreciate his breakbuilding skill and would love to see it at the venue. What other players would I like to see in the venue....?

Ummmm.................................. Zhanger, Lisowski, Drago, ROS, Selby, Allen. :idea:

I'm looking forward to the whole package though. The whole thing excites me. The trip is magical, even moreso this year with meeting up with Sonny and Casey. Looking forward to drinks and much fun. :excited:

What are you most looking forward to.....?

Re: what are you looking forward to......

Postby SnookerFan

This year, I am breaking with tradition and not going for the opening weekend, instead I am going to the final. I am looking forward to it, but also a little bit scared, because I didn't like the match last time I went to a final. Looking forward to the hotel I usually stay in, it has a nice hotel bar too and is right by the Crucible so is jam-packed full of snooker fans. I look forward to watching some snooker, getting reacquainted with the staff, having a few beers and discussing snooker with complete strangers in the bar.

Postby GJ

I will enjoy the defending champion ending the silly so called crucible curse

<cool> :bowdown: :D

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:Don't think I'll enjoy this year's WCs as much as I'll mostly be revising whilst its on :(

was the same with me in year 11.. but if im truely honest, i put snooker first :john:

Still got two A*, 1 A, 5 B's and 2 C's <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Don't think I'll enjoy this year's WCs as much as I'll mostly be revising whilst its on :(

was the same with me in year 11.. but if im truely honest, i put snooker first :john:

Still got two A*, 1 A, 5 B's and 2 C's <cool>

bucking hell... If I'd have seen that before Tuesday, I'd have acted more jealous.

Postby Casey

Looking forward to it all but I hope to get seeing Hendry for what could be his last time at the Crucible.
Looking forward to drinks with Sonny and Smart, some nice gambling and late night snooker.

Postby Roland

I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... dding.html

bloody fuel strikes over the fortnight of the Worlds. I'll need at least 2 and a half tanks over that period to make all my sessions. I'll probably catch the train when I'm down for the first weekend though.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to

bloody fuel strikes over the fortnight of the Worlds. I'll need at least 2 and a half tanks over that period to make all my sessions. I'll probably catch the train when I'm down for the first weekend though.

2 and half tanks :scared:

what you driving?

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to

choo choo train :limp:

Postby gallantrabbit

SnookerFan wrote:I'm looking forward to Michaela Tabb being there. :bowdown:

I'm sure she'll look you up and down sternly.. <laugh>

I'm looking forward to global snooker's live scoring and youtube clips :sad: 'bout all I can get out here. Roll on the Brazilian Masters :excited:

Postby Smart

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 001,00.pdf

Thinking ahead to my Crucible visit, this year. Everything seems in place, tickets, hotel etc. So thought I'd check out the draw etc to see who I'd be seeing and how my viewing will pan out.

Sunday 10AM - Jamie Cope vs Qualifier (to a finish)
Sunday 2.30PM - Shaun Murphy vs Qualifier (to a finish)
Sunday 7PM - Mark Williams vs Qualifier (to a finish)

Happy enough with that for starters, would of like to see DING but can't win them all. Hope a couple of these games are real close ones and the qualifiers are strong (either Trump, Wenbo, Zhanger, Gouldy, Stevens.......).

#DRINKS WITH SONNY/CASEY#
#2 or 3 cappachinos at breakfast#

Monday 10AM - Maguire vs Qualifer (1st session)
Monday 2.30PM - ROS vs Qualifier (1st session)
Monday 7PM - Maguire vs Qualifier (to a finish)

Not that fussed about Mags (unless he is playing a qualifier that I like, or will root for). So might miss some or a lot of the morning session with a hangover, watch in the bar area with a bet etc. I will be refreshed by the afternoon session, and then the evening with some grub and some refreshment to cheer on Mags oppo (hope its Gouldy). <ok>

Tuesday 10AM - Ricky Walden vs Qualifier (1st session)
Tuesday 2.30PM - ROS vs Qualifier (to a finish)*
Tuesday 7PM - Mark Allen vs Qualifier (1st session)

*Have swapped seats for this session, and will have a view of both tables from Row D (other table is Dotty). <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I'm looking forward to having a fair bit of this off this year, what with the bank holidays, and a couple of days of Annual Leave. So even when at home and not at Sheffield I am going to get stuck into a couple of cases of beer, and my own body weight in salty snacks. :bowdown:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I'm looking forward to having a fair bit of this off this year, what with the bank holidays, and a couple of days of Annual Leave. So even when at home and not at Sheffield I am going to get stuck into a couple of cases of beer, and my own body weight in salty snacks. :bowdown:

Aye am gonna feast big time with the royal wedding allowing extra time off work. Its gonna be alcohol-tastic, take-away tastic, snooker heaven. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm looking forward to having a fair bit of this off this year, what with the bank holidays, and a couple of days of Annual Leave. So even when at home and not at Sheffield I am going to get stuck into a couple of cases of beer, and my own body weight in salty snacks. :bowdown:

Aye am gonna feast big time with the royal wedding allowing extra time off work. Its gonna be alcohol-tastic, take-away tastic, snooker heaven. :wave:

Providing it's possible to watch the snooker, and not have to look at that posh bint in a dress. (And don't get me started on Kate Middleton.)

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/19/6d/0,,13165~159001,00.pdf

Thinking ahead to my Crucible visit, this year. Everything seems in place, tickets, hotel etc. So thought I'd check out the draw etc to see who I'd be seeing and how my viewing will pan out.

Happy enough with that for starters, would of like to see DING but can't win them all. Hope a couple of these games are real close ones and the qualifiers are strong (either Trump, Wenbo, Zhanger, Gouldy, Stevens.......).

Not that fussed about Mags (unless he is playing a qualifier that I like, or will root for). So might miss some or a lot of the morning session with a hangover, watch in the bar area with a bet etc. I will be refreshed by the afternoon session, and then the evening with some grub and some refreshment to cheer on Mags oppo (hope its Gouldy). <ok>

*Have swapped seats for this session, and will have a view of both tables from Row D (other table is Dotty). <ok>

I would like Trump to face:

Cope OR
Murphy OR
Williams

That would be a super start to my viewing.

I would like Hawkins to face:

Maguire OR
Walden

I would like Gouldy to face:

Maguire OR
Walden

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You know it pal.

I go to great lengths to ensure a smooth passage for my viewing brilliance. I plan what sort of take-away on each day. I plan what type of alcohol on each day. I plan what days I will have a shave. I plan everything to the enth degree. I am smart.......... :idea:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/19/6d/0,,13165~159001,00.pdf

Im at the Cope and Murphy games on the Sunday so prob bump into you at some point. My aim is to get a photo of you with the Welsh Superfan :love: