Topic locked

Will SELTY make it to the Crucible...?

Poll ended at 07 Feb 2010

Yes - SELTY will make a TV appearance at the Crucible 2010.
25%
No - SELTY will not.
75%

Total votes : 8

SELTY: qualifying route to World Champs

Postby Smart

Starts his campaign vs Thepchaiya Un-Nooh - 28th Feb. A 25 year old pro who turned pro only in 2009.
http://www.worldsnooker.com/player_list-10111.htm

If successful (and he should be) then he will face, Barry Pinches on 2nd March and then Mark Davis on 5th March.
http://www.worldsnooker.com/player_list-8625.htm
http://www.worldsnooker.com/player_list-7542.htm

Finally, Dave Harold awaits in the final qualifying round on 7th March.
http://www.worldsnooker.com/player_list-7608.htm

On a scale of 1 to 10 - I would say that Selty's task is pretty difficult to qualify and would say it is 8 out of 10.

I will stick my neck on the line and say he will NOT qualify.

Unfortunately this poll does not allow users to be identified (a flaw me thinks) - so please leave a comment as well as simply placing your poll option.

Re: SELTY: qualifying route to World Champs

Postby GJ

its as good a draw as he could ask for he has made 2 venues this season and he will qualify for the crucible this season

<cool>

Postby GJ

Lucky balls wrote:If he gets throught the first lot......the behemoth that is Dave Harold will de-rail his bid<ok>

well i would prefer him facing harold than say walden , trump , wenbo etc

Postby Wildey

its not going to be easy theres a few jerneymen about however with that route he has a very good chance because he has learned how to play jerneymen very well.

if Trump had that route id put my mortgage on it he would not make it though

Postby Wildey

looking at the draw Trump has a great draw for him potential against jelly legs hamilton who has the fight of a blomonge.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:its not going to be easy theres a few jerneymen about however with that route he has a very good chance because he has learned how to play jerneymen very well.

if Trump had that route id put my mortgage on it he would not make it though

good point mate i was pleased he beat lawler 5-0 in welsh match because last year he was losing to players like lawler and gunnel and i would put harold in the same bracket as them 2

im confident he can make it for me mark davis will be his toughest test in that route because he is in good form this season

Postby Casey

Any draw for the World Championships will be tough but Selts is as good as he could hope for. I believe he will qualify, Dave Harold will be a good match and if Selt can bring a decent safety game he should get through.

Postby Alex0paul

Wouldn't be surprised to see him lose to Tepchaiya Un Nooh. I think he will really struggle next season anyway like Martin Gould has as he has probably benefited from playing earlier matches whereas opponents later on are coming in cold.

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:75% say NO he will not be at the Crucible. That is good enough for me. :wave:

the majority also said he isnt a fixer

so i assume you agree with that aswell

:wave:

Postby GJ

Cheesyman99 wrote:Nooh-Nooh will Hoover him up! :D

yes and holt will be world snooker champion this year <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Ive been impressed with Un-Nooh this season and will be willing him onto a win that secures his place on the main tour for next season.

Cant say im convinced by Selty, yes hes done well at Pontins this season but i feel he lacks the game to reach the top.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Ive been impressed with Un-Nooh this season and will be willing him onto a win that secures his place on the main tour for next season.

Cant say im convinced by Selty, yes hes done well at Pontins this season but i feel he lacks the game to reach the top.

<doh>
Last edited by GJ on 07 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

totally disagree with that.

have you seen selt play ?

he has so much confidence and if he manages to get in to the top 48 by the end of this season then im confident he will go places.

im more convinced with selt than i am with Judd Trump thats for sure.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

he has so much confidence and if he manages to get in to the top 48 by the end of this season then im confident he will go places.

<cool>

Postby Wildey

LOL

i just thought this guy coming from the first qualifying round playing Davis a snooker legend and he looked like he belongs on the big stage.

he even held John Higgins at 2-2 in his first venue match ever which lets be honest there were far easier matches for him.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

If you put Trump in Selt's ranking pos, he'd have won more matches, I am certain. For Trump, it's a confidence thing, he needs match-time and we can clearly see that in the non-ranking tournaments over the last couple of years, he's been as good as anyone, but when he's getting one match every month or two, with a lot of pressure to win, that's when he seems to struggle and the 32-48 bracket is very competitive.

Postby Alex0paul

Selt will struggle next season just like Gould has now. He will be the hunted not the hunter. The two times he has reached a venue he has faced players that were completely out of form too.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Selt will struggle next season just like Gould has now. He will be the hunted not the hunter. The two times he has reached a venue he has faced players that were completely out of form too.

john higgins out of form <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Selt will struggle next season just like Gould has now. He will be the hunted not the hunter. The two times he has reached a venue he has faced players that were completely out of form too.

No Fergal O'Brien and Steve Davis

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

No Fergal O'Brien and Steve Davis

fair enough but fergal made 2 big breaks in that match so cant be that out of form

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Judd Trump & Matt Selt are not in the same breath at the moment. <ok>

in terms of bottle, a single mindedness and will to win your right Selt is better <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Judd Trump & Matt Selt are not in the same breath at the moment. <ok>

in terms of bottle, a single mindedness and will to win your right Selt is better <ok>

Is that why Selt is pushing mid twenties and outside the top 64 whereas Trump is 20 and in the top 32 pushing for the top 16? The guy got away with something which has clearly given him a boost just the same as it has done for Jamie Burnett.

You seem to have a massive problem with Trump and can't wait to shoot him down every time he loses.