7%
Terry Griffiths
13%
Stephen Hendry
13%

Total votes : 30

Poll: Your Favourite Commentators

Postby Roland

Build your own team. Who are the two commentators in your ideal set up?

Re: Poll: Your Favourite Commentators

Postby moondan

Willie and Clive, but thats not the way I have voted.

Willie and Joe Johnson would be my dream team, Joe would tone Willie down a tad.
I think they would gel perfectly.
Joe has impressed me with his fairness to all players and he sees the shot as good as anyone.

To be honest I dont mind anyone.

Willie I think has taken commentary to another level, great for the student of the game, and its noticable others are following his lead.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Build your own team. Who are the two commentators in your ideal set up?

ironic the top 2 in this poll never works together lol

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:where is John Evans...?

herding his sheep i guess .

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

SnookerFan wrote:Who are the six guys who picked Virgo?

<doh>

I was one. I met the guy, nice bloke, loves his Snooker & I don't mind listening to him talk about it either. :)

Postby N_Castle07

for me Thorne is the greatest followed by Everton. The two people who voted for Taylor must have done it for a laugh. That's the only thing i can put it down to.

Postby SnookerFan

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

<doh>

I was one. I met the guy, nice bloke, loves his Snooker & I don't mind listening to him talk about it either. :)

Actually I was surprised when he was the exhbition I went to between Alex Higgins and Jimmy White. Virgo did his usual impressions and trick shots, but he was quite a laugh, when not drawing a line on every other shot and stick his head up Ronnie O'Sullivan's backside.

Postby Eirebilly

SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

Actually I was surprised when he was the exhbition I went to between Alex Higgins and Jimmy White. Virgo did his usual impressions and trick shots, but he was quite a laugh, when not drawing a line on every other shot and stick his head up Ronnie O'Sullivan's backside.

Virgo is actually a very decent and friendly person who always has time for the fans. He waffels a bit at times but he certainly knows what he is about. I have said before, i would actually like to see him develope some new impressions of some of the current top players. Now that would be great to see.

Postby SnookerFan

eirebilly wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

Virgo is actually a very decent and friendly person who always has time for the fans. He waffels a bit at times but he certainly knows what he is about. I have said before, i would actually like to see him develope some new impressions of some of the current top players. Now that would be great to see.

The worst thing he does is when he'll be watching a match, say Selby vs Higgins, and he's chatting on about how great Ronnie is. He won't even be playing. We get it Virgo, you want to be Ronnie's dad.... <doh>

Postby The Cueist

Everton is the greatest commentator ever in the snooker stratosphere,Bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

karnham is a close second.

I can take virgo to an extent but the way he talks you would have thought he was a multiple world champs winner and i find Thorne the same.

The rest talk pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I quite like Jim Meadowcroft for his commentating style and Dominic dale is a good commentator at the Welsh Open. <ok>