Topic locked

Ding v Hendry

Postby Casey

Ding v Hendry is a best of 25 frame match being held in China from the 5th - 7th of Feb. it is being broadcast live on Chinese TV and online.

It would seem its being taken as a big deal by the Chinese public, not sure what the prize money is for the winner but it is very good match practise for both players. Defiantly worth a look - http://www.dingvhendry.com/

Feb 5th 2.30pm(GMT+8) China 1 V China 2

Feb 5th 7.30pm(GMT+8) Winner above V Allen
(9 or 11 frames)
Feb 6th 2.30pm(GMT+8) Ding V Hendry
(6 frames)
Feb 6th 7.30pm(GMT+8) Ding V Hendry
(6 frames)
Feb 7th 2.30pm(GMT+8) Ding V Hendry
(6 frames)
Feb 7th 7.30pm(GMT+8) Ding V Hendry
(7 frames)

Re: Ding v Hendry

Postby Bourne

That's why he wore that logo !

Postby Casey

Can I have some stats to prove that please?

Postby Lucky

So am I right in saying this will be on at half six in the AM on the 'morrow?

Postby Casey

Lucky balls wrote:So am I right in saying this will be on at half six in the AM on the 'morrow?

:huh: Not sure, its two random Chinese guys to play today with the winner taking on Mark Allen (again random).

Then the big one tomorrow, best of 25 <cool>

Postby Bourne

Well this is a good warm-up for their World Championship final clash this year so I will keep an eye on what happens.

Postby Lucky

Half 7 in the morning actually, doing the math <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Just tuned into this, Ding leading 2-0 after making a quality 40 clearence to nick the 2nd frame on the black.

Postby Wildey

Ding Leading 10-2 ..

im disappointed in Hendry its as if he isnt putting 100% in to it..ok its a glorified exibition but i would have hoped he gave it everything.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Ding Leading 10-2 ..

im disappointed in Hendry its as if he isnt putting 100% in to it..ok its a glorified exibition but i would have hoped he gave it everything.

No mate, he is giving it everything.

Postby Wildey

no firstly he would not be 10-2 down in a fit if he was and secondly ive seen some of the match and christ that is not hendry giving it 50%

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:no firstly he would not be 10-2 down in a fit if he was and secondly ive seen some of the match and christ that is not hendry giving it 50%

Ding is at least 5 times as good as Hendry these days so the scoreline is reflective of the truth ! :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:no firstly he would not be 10-2 down in a fit if he was and secondly ive seen some of the match and christ that is not hendry giving it 50%

Ding is at least 5 times as good as Hendry these days so the scoreline is reflective of the truth ! :ahh:

that doesn't reflect in rankings that does not reflect in no stat available...

ill have to get seifer to work out just how much better statistically Ding is ;)

Postby Rocket_ron

if this match anything to go by then when they meet in sheffield its gonna be a white wash, come on stephen your not finished yet

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:

if this match anything to go by then when they meet in sheffield its gonna be a white wash, come on stephen your not finished yet

when they meet at the crucible i know, you know everyone knows Ding has as much chance of winning as has a duck of impregnating a elephant <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

when they meet at the crucible i know, you know everyone knows Ding has as much chance of winning as has a duck of impregnating a elephant <ok>

Just as well then because Hendry will lose straight away in R1 :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

he is home at the crucible thats as likely as Willie Thorne advertising Hair Gel with Mark King <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

he is home at the crucible thats as likely as Willie Thorne advertising Hair Gel with Mark King <ok>

If Judd Trump qualifies and faces Hendry in R1, it's gona be a fun few weeks build-up :excited:

Postby Wildey

Trump hasent a hope in hell of beating Hendry at the crucible i doubt he will qualify anyway <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Trump hasent a hope in hell of beating Hendry at the crucible i doubt he will qualify anyway <ok>

I don't see why not, Hendry ups his game against hte more established players, he'll underestimate Trump.

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Trump hasent a hope in hell of beating Hendry at the crucible i doubt he will qualify anyway <ok>

I don't see why not, Hendry ups his game against hte more established players, he'll underestimate Trump.

thats true....bingham and cambel can prove that

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

yes your right there hendry will think turn up take his cue out a few hours later wins 10-0 through to the second round job done <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

yes your right there hendry will think turn up take his cue out a few hours later wins 10-0 through to the second round job done <ok>

:emu: You're a funny guy wild ;)

Postby Wildey

Hendry Pegged it back a tad from 10-2 to 12-6 with 110sport saying

Frame 18 however went the way of the reigning UK champion to leave him poised for victory and Hendry needing a miracle.

nothing better than a miracle on the sabbath don't you think ?