Topic locked

ROLL CALL

Postby Smart

just out of interest - what days / sessions are peeps going to the Crucible this year......? <ok>

I think I am right in saying that Uno, Casey, Alex have already stated they are going to Sheffield ....... provide details here if / when you know .......

Re: ROLL CALL

Postby Alex0paul

Semi finals. If O'Sullivan is out early I may get tickets for the final as there will be returns.

Postby Roland

Has anyone got their tickets yet? My bank statements show no money taken yet. I thought it was supposed to be happening on 14th January?

Postby Alex0paul

It won't come out until early February so maybe in the next week.

Postby Casey

I will be losing my World Championship virginity. Heading to Sheffield on the 16th, going to matches on Saturday 17th, Sunday 18th <cool>

I haven't got my tickets either, it said on the booking form within 28 days after the 14th...so less than two weeks to wait :excited: :excited:

Postby Smart

StalinESQ wrote:must send my payment tomorrow (to matey boy) <ok>

sent it today, I like this bit, the anticipation, the waiting for postman Pat to deliver my goods....... the lovely sounds of mail on doormat, the beautiful sound of letter box clanging........... :D :ahh: <cool> :ahh:

Postby Alex0paul

According to World Snooker the money should have come out of your account by today. If not then you have been unsuccessful. This means I have been unsuccessful and have got no tickets at all ffs. I wonder if there are any on ebay.

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:According to World Snooker the money should have come out of your account by today. If not then you have been unsuccessful. This means I have been unsuccessful and have got no tickets at all ffs. I wonder if there are any on ebay.

what matches was you hoping for then alex?

Postby Alex0paul

excellent_rocketron wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:According to World Snooker the money should have come out of your account by today. If not then you have been unsuccessful. This means I have been unsuccessful and have got no tickets at all ffs. I wonder if there are any on ebay.

Semi finals. I go semis every year so I am snake hissed off.

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:

why haven't they let you in?

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:

why haven't they let you in?

Theres only 970 seats and probably 3 times as many people want one.

Postby Casey

Sorry to hear that Alex, ebay for sure but they will be expensive. The money has been taken from my account, I really hope i got tickets for the Hendry match. I don't expect to much trouble with the Allen tickets, I assume they are in the post?

Postby Alex0paul

The only good thing about ebay tickets is that they are usually great views. I was lucky last year as I was missing a few sessions that smart had a couple of extra tickets. Its not fair! lol

Postby Roland

I've had no money taken from my account either :grrr:

But there's always ebay and returns. The annoying thing for me being a Selby and Williams fan is that I'm competing with Hendry and O'Sullivan fans for tickets to the same match.

I applied to quite a few different sessions though so I'm surprised I didn't get any of them.

Postby Casey

It will probably take them a couple of days to take the money from everybody's account. With the Selby match, do you not get first preference? Then anybody applying for the Hendry match would only get Selby tickets if it wasn't sold out?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I've had no money taken from my account either :grrr:

But there's always ebay and returns. The annoying thing for me being a Selby and Williams fan is that I'm competing with Hendry and O'Sullivan fans for tickets to the same match.

I applied to quite a few different sessions though so I'm surprised I didn't get any of them.

getting tickets for those potential match ups will prove to be hard as nails...

im not going i cant commit at the moment so ive not tried to get tickets and i will be here with you lot :excited:

Postby SnookerFan

I am going to four opening matches in the first three days, but to be honest I've forgotten who I have asked for. <doh>

Joe Perry was one of them, I am pretty sure I ordered John Higgins tickets. Not sure about the other two matches. Obviously people I care about a lot. <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I am going to four opening matches in the first three days, but to be honest I've forgotten who I have asked for. <doh>

Joe Perry was one of them, I am pretty sure I ordered John Higgins tickets. Not sure about the other two matches. Obviously people I care about a lot. <laugh>

Might be able to meet up (if you like) as I will be there Monday to Wednesday 1st week....... Let me know if you fancy meeting for a few pintage on the Monday. <ok> :wave:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am going to four opening matches in the first three days, but to be honest I've forgotten who I have asked for. <doh>

Might be able to meet up (if you like) as I will be there Monday to Wednesday 1st week....... Let me know if you fancy meeting for a few pintage on the Monday. <ok> :wave:

be careful you might end up on youtube <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

be careful you might end up on youtube <laugh>

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Roland

When was your cheque cashed? I've still heard buck all on mine :grrr:

Postby Casey

Mine started to go through on Monday although it didn't show up on my statment. Still waiting on tickets.

Postby Casey

Can anybody recommend some accommodation? Its probably best to reserve a room before everybody gets their tickets, might be difficult after that. Thanks in advance <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

case_master wc wrote:Can anybody recommend some accommodation? Its probably best to reserve a room before everybody gets their tickets, might be difficult after that. Thanks in advance <ok>

The Novotel is nice enough & is where most of the players stay. Around the corner, literally, is the Cutler's hotel. Not up too much, clean enough & not as pricey & has a roof. :)

Postby Casey

Cheers John I will check it out

Edit -

Had a wee look at it and its on the tad expensive side, near £400 for three nights double room :huh:

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Can anybody recommend some accommodation? Its probably best to reserve a room before everybody gets their tickets, might be difficult after that. Thanks in advance <ok>

The Novotel is nice enough & is where most of the players stay. Around the corner, literally, is the Cutler's hotel. Not up too much, clean enough & not as pricey & has a roof. :)

Casey - I'm in the Novotel for 3 nights. :ahh:

If you ring up and pay in advance you get a discount. That is what I did. The guy on reservations is called Jerome and is French I think. Breakfast is included in the price and is great. Rooms are plush and the bar is nice but expensive. Swimming pool is cool after breakfast for a quick dip prior to the 10am snooker start. <ok>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

Casey - I'm in the Novotel for 3 nights. :ahh:

If you ring up and pay in advance you get a discount. That is what I did. The guy on reservations is called Jerome and is French I think. Breakfast is included in the price and is great. Rooms are plush and the bar is nice but expensive. Swimming pool is cool after breakfast for a quick dip prior to the 10am snooker start. <ok>

Cheers Smart, i will check it out tomorrow. The price quoated over the Net was pretty expensive for 3 nights, hopefully I will have more luck tomorrow. if not the local holiday Inn might get a call <laugh>