Poll ended at 13 Feb 2011

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 10

Will Ronnie play in Wales?

Postby Casey

What do you think are the chances Ronnie will play in Wales?

Re: Will Ronnie play in Wales?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I voted YES

I VOTED

i actually tossed a coin and it came down on No.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:When was the last time he missed a 'home' ranker ?

Not sure. Well the PCT's but in terms of a proper ranker I'm not sure he has ever missed one.

Postby Wildey

i know but there is this genuine feeling he wont be at the welsh this year.

hope it was something i eat.

Postby Bourne

No I was just wondering when the last one was, genuine, apart from the PTCs ... Case might be right ? I mean, for a reason other than proper illness/injury/suspension ?

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:No I was just wondering when the last one was, genuine, apart from the PTCs ... Case might be right ? I mean, for a reason other than proper illness/injury/suspension ?

He was suspended from the UK at some stage in the 90's. I hope he does play, if he chooses not to then its likely we won't see him until the World Championship.

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:

Not sure. Well the PCT's but in terms of a proper ranker I'm not sure he has ever missed one.

He has. He withdrew from the UK in 1998 when he was defending champion.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:

Withdrew? I thought he was suspended? :chin:

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:

Withdrew? I thought he was suspended? :chin:

No he wasn't.
The incident with Mike Ganley was in 1996 BTW and he got a rather huge fine, and a suspended ban. But he never was actually banned.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/osul ... 07567.html

The reason for his withdrawal was ill-health. Depression actually.

Postby gallantrabbit

If he turns up, he'll make 3 tons in 3 frames, miss a half ball blue in frame 4 for the 4th, get the 'ump, go back to his chair, fiddle with the toys in his pram and then lump the whole lot on the floor, concede the next 4 frames with 12 reds on the table, concede the decider on the break off, look Hearn in the eye in a challenging manner and sulk off back to Essex.
Glad that Selby and Williams put on a show last week and maybe we can start looking post spoilt 10 year old.
Just my opinion of course ;)

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:If he turns up, he'll make 3 tons in 3 frames, miss a half ball blue in frame 4 for the 4th, get the 'ump, go back to his chair, fiddle with the toys in his pram and then lump the whole lot on the floor, concede the next 4 frames with 12 reds on the table, concede the decider on the break off, look Hearn in the eye in a challenging manner and sulk off back to Essex.
Glad that Selby and Williams put on a show last week and maybe we can start looking post spoilt 10 year old.
Just my opinion of course ;)

He won't go home until he goes to the press conference, and talks about his sausage for 20 minutes.

Postby Monique

Unless he's there just to watch the tournament, yes, he will play. He's there and has been practising with Mark King, Neil Robertson and Joe Perry.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Unless he's there just to watch the tournament, yes, he will play. He's there and has been practising with Mark King, Neil Robertson and Joe Perry.

waste of time for joe to practice with him <laugh>