Topic locked

German Masters Final Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

February 2nd~6th at The Tempodrom in Berlin.

The Final and it Brings Together Mark Williams and Mark Selby

The Last time a Major was played in Germany was in 1997 a invitational when John Parrott won but the Beaten finalist that year was Mark Williams can he go one Better This Time and Win ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY---times indicated are CET

LIVE SCORES

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby GJ

i hope sonny ia alright i have a bad feeling though :-(

no way would he miss out on gloating on selby beating hendo and then reaching a final

:?

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:do you think sonny is watching in germany ? last post he had i think he talking about dog rubbish a few days ago

dont know where he is but ive known him going on 5 years and ive never known him to miss the business end of tournaments before when hes going away he has said he is etc....

this is out of character lets hope everything is fine <ok>

Postby jojo

i agree with gj this seem worrying he cant just disappear halfway through a major tournament from his own forum especially when he posting all the time and his two favourite players in the final

Postby SnookerFan

I think we are kind of jumping to conclusions here. Maybe his internet has died or something. Maybe he purely has a life outside of here. Didn't you all assume something had happened to me once, because I didn't post overnight? :redneck:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 06 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:I think we are kind of jumping to conclusions here. Maybe his internet has died or something. Maybe he purely has a life outside of here. Didn't you all assume something had happened to me once, because I didn't post overnight. :redneck:

rofl

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:I think we are kind of jumping to conclusions here. Maybe his internet has died or something. Maybe he purely has a life outside of here. Didn't you all assume something had happened to me once, because I didn't post overnight. :redneck:

Indeed, a lot of MUGS with a lot of conspiracy theories here rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Though, I did post a Where's Sonny? thread in Life. I feel, just in case he the German Open caused him to die of excitement, for this is the only logical conclusion, we should post messages of grief in there.

Postby jojo

well i only been posting on internet forums since the uk championship and this one the only forum i post on i dont really know much else i only know the one on 606 but never posted there

i cant be here all the time sometimes i disappear for good as i have a life outside of here but then am able to come back when i can especially when a tournament is on here but the thing with sonny is everytime im on here he posts everyday then you think this is his forum his two favourite players in the final of a ranking event and he disappears suddenly without reference

i hope he ok and im not trying to jump to conclusions but something doesnt add up

anyhow i wont be here after tomorrow i will return in the next tournament

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I think we are kind of jumping to conclusions here. Maybe his internet has died or something. Maybe he purely has a life outside of here. Didn't you all assume something had happened to me once, because I didn't post overnight? :redneck:

<laugh>

yes but i wasent that worried about you its just so out of character he even posts after a night out snake hissed or from a cafee near the crucible or front row at the masters.

Postby Tubberlad

What a cracker for tomorrow... personally, I hope Mark Selby finally wins his second raking title tomorrow. The guy is a top class snooker player, and one ranker doesn't do him any sort of justice.

Postby Roland

I was out playing snooker and doing other things so was watching the action on Sky+ hence avoiding snooker websites in case I found out the scores.

It's win win for me then. I'm just so happy that Mark Williams has come back even better after the UK final disappointment. Obviously I'd like Selby to get a 2nd ranker under his belt, but I can't help but root for Williams. I can't put into words just how much I love watching this man play snooker.

This event poops on the Shootout by the way. Nigel Bond was found out early doors as expected, and the cream has risen. To think you could have ranking points in an event like the Shootout is laugh out loud funny it's so preposterous. This event has been the first one I've seen outside the UK where I want to go and watch. I will go and watch it either next year or the year after. The 5 table layout and giant Crucible atmosphere and two matches in a day format with all tables being out in the open has made this my favourite ever new event since I've started watching snooker.

Selby's last black against Ding when he cleared the board before the handshake. How hard did he hit that last black? Jesus! I don't think I've ever seen a black fly into the pocket at that pace before.

And as for Mark Williams potting ability...

Postby Tubberlad

Of course it's been a better event than the Shootout, but they're two totally different events.

The shootout has it's place as a form of entertainment, a once a year spectacular of sorts. It's not real snooker, but it isn't being marketed that way to be fair. It's never going to be a ranking event, Hearn is smarter than that.

This tournament is real, ranking point snooker, and has a setup that sets it apart. The removal of divides, and more than one match in the day for players is something new & refreshing.

Hope that reads alright, I've been out tonight <laugh>

Postby Roland

Yes it's fine and yes the Shootout was very enjoyable. You can't beat real snooker and a big ranking event though.

Postby Witz78

Right children spit the dummies back into the pram and wake up and smell the coffee cos theres a damn sight of swiss cheese flying thru the air at the mo

infact id go as far as saying its all a lot of bullocks and you can stick yer BS up yer jacksie

total tosh carerra, all this disrespect to the SS in lieu of the GM, holiday bullocks, ive been inside, zeig hail, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz never heard so much crap in 100 years, the humanoids have developed a distasteful arrogance and must be stopped.

A joke

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Yes it's fine and yes the Shootout was very enjoyable. You can't beat real snooker and a big ranking event though.

let me know when this BIG ranking event takes place then Squire :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I was out playing snooker and doing other things so was watching the action on Sky+ hence avoiding snooker websites in case I found out the scores.

It's win win for me then. I'm just so happy that Mark Williams has come back even better after the UK final disappointment. Obviously I'd like Selby to get a 2nd ranker under his belt, but I can't help but root for Williams. I can't put into words just how much I love watching this man play snooker.

This event poops on the Shootout by the way. Nigel Bond was found out early doors as expected, and the cream has risen. To think you could have ranking points in an event like the Shootout is laugh out loud funny it's so preposterous. This event has been the first one I've seen outside the UK where I want to go and watch. I will go and watch it either next year or the year after. The 5 table layout and giant Crucible atmosphere and two matches in a day format with all tables being out in the open has made this my favourite ever new event since I've started watching snooker.

Selby's last black against Ding when he cleared the board before the handshake. How hard did he hit that last black? Jesus! I don't think I've ever seen a black fly into the pocket at that pace before.

And as for Mark Williams potting ability...

If you don't mind, we're trying to find Sonny here. :sad:

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:What a cracker for tomorrow... personally, I hope Mark Selby finally wins his second raking title tomorrow. The guy is a top class snooker player, and one ranker doesn't do him any sort of justice.

I agree with you. Except I want Williams to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Right children spit the dummies back into the pram and wake up and smell the coffee cos theres a damn sight of swiss cheese flying thru the air at the mo

infact id go as far as saying its all a lot of bullocks and you can stick yer BS up yer jacksie

total tosh carerra, all this disrespect to the SS in lieu of the GM, holiday bullocks, ive been inside, zeig hail, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz never heard so much crap in 100 years, the humanoids have developed a distasteful arrogance and must be stopped.

A joke

I didn't understand a word you said the first time. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Right children spit the dummies back into the pram and wake up and smell the coffee cos theres a damn sight of swiss cheese flying thru the air at the mo

A joke

I didn't understand a word you said the first time. <laugh>

well he summed up the post quite brilliantly in the end and i did understand he called himself and the post and i quote "A joke" <ok>

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SNOOKER? :D

I sure am!!

I am looking forward to this final more than any in a long long time, it should be fantastic. Both players have a lot of character and are my fav players at the moment. We should see a mix of long potting, tactical frames and big breaks.

The crowds all week have been the best at any tournament in years. Really created a superb atmosphere, no one can disagree theres more interest there than here.

ENJOY!