Post a reply

Does Neil Robertson need somebody to organise him?

Postby SnookerFan

During his match with Hamilton, they were suggesting that Robertson employ somebody to organise his affairs for him. Apparently a lot of players like Hendry and Selby have people organising them. Though it might sound a bit childish, they have people booking hotels for them, booking transport for them, getting them up in the morning, wiping their bottom for them, making sure they don't lose their passports the day before a tournament in a different country, making sure the train he gets on doesn't end up in Cardiff when he's supposed to be in Sheffield, that sort of thing.

What with Neil Robertson's shenanighans and preperation looking more like that of a 6-year old, does anybody think he would benefit from this? Bearing in mind, he always arrives on time. And even if it does affect his performance, he gives us a good match. And only loses on a decider.

Discuss.

Re: Does Neil Robertson need somebody to organise him?

Postby GJ

Brandon parker is the WC'S manager so its time brandon did his job properly and make sure robbo is his main priority

:ahh:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Brandon parker is the WC'S manager so its time brandon did his job properly and make sure robbo is his main priority

:ahh:

hes got bigger fish to fry what with his boardroom involvement

theres a difference between being someones manager and being someones 24 hour carer / personal alarm clock <ok>

Postby Bourne

Just disappoints me a bit that all the wake-up calls (pun very much intended) that he had in the PL and UK aren't hitting home, if something happens to him in the Worlds and he loses because of it, then he won't deserve any of our sympathy.

Postby GJ

its no coinsidence they have all happened since he has become a dad maybe its stressing him and his time keeping for other things has went downhill including snooker

Postby jojo

if this is all true then neil robertson should start facing up to responsibility after all he is now a father

if he cant organise things has trouble with them that ok because it happens to people but hes in a position to hire someone to look out for these things and this is what he should do he got the money for it thats for sure a lot of footballers do this

so yes no sympathy for robertson if he loses because of a lack of organisation and forward planning he in a priviledged enough position to hire someone to do this for him either that or he has to take responsibility and do these things himself

if he doesnt and as a consequence this has an adverse effect on his performance then he shouldnt be allowed any sympathy i seem to remember one tournament when he lost a match he said he didnt know when the session was supposed to start and almost overslept or something like that and this effected him

well he has to learn then surely

Postby SnookerFan

You know, until December, I had forgotten Ronnie had kids. It was like finding out all over again when you guys reminded me. Why are we so interested in this fact? If he pulls out of a tournament due to family issues, he's a badly organised hammer. If he plays in a tournament he's a terrible father. :roll:

Postby sundaygirl

I agree someone at his management company should get him an assistant he needs one and all this is costing him earnings so it makes sense.
I suspect that Mrs Robbo used to keep him organised, but now the baby is her main focus. I would also suggest that Alexander is chief suspect in "The case of the missing Passport". When my son was very young he had a habit of hiding things under rugs, he has since moved on to posting things out of the letter box on to the street and my credit card was found 2 months after I got a replacement zipped into the back of an armchair cover.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:its no coinsidence they have all happened since he has become a dad maybe its stressing him and his time keeping for other things has went downhill including snooker

<laugh> :wave:

yeah I bet he is the only new father with a job, how do the rest of mankind cope.......................... <laugh> :wave: