Topic locked

Re: Ronnie pulls out... again!

Postby Casey

I thought because the tournament was shortened from a week to 5 days that he might have went.

I get why he is not there, his family first and all that. However should he not withdraw in advance so the number 17 seed gets his place?

Anyway, I hope Ronnie can get some sort of alternative organised with his Ex partner. This is bound to be effecting him. :sad:

Postby Bourne

Yeh what is the problem with giving one of the qualifiers scheduled to play a wildcard Ronnie's spot ? So unprofessional.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Yeh what is the problem with giving one of the qualifiers scheduled to play a wildcard Ronnie's spot ? So unprofessional.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Could not agree more.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Casey wrote:I thought because the tournament was shortened from a week to 5 days that he might have went.

I get why he is not there, his family first and all that. However should he not withdraw in advance so the number 17 seed gets his place?

Anyway, I hope Ronnie can get some sort of alternative organised with his Ex partner. This is bound to be effecting him. :sad:

one of the Ronnie's is really upset at missing this tournament and the other doesn't care :love:

Postby Tubberlad

I don't know what to make of it all... I do feel sorry for the organisers of the event that they've lost their main draw though.

Postby Casey

Yes very true Tubb's. Alot of Promo money down the drain. I wonder what action Hearn will take? Why did Ronnie wait until now to pull out?

Postby Tubberlad

Casey wrote:Yes very true Tubb's. Alot of Promo money down the drain. I wonder what action Hearn will take? Why did Ronnie wait until now to pull out?

That's what bothers me Case, why he had to leave this so late. It's a big setback to an exciting tournament that I've been looking forward to a lot. Will be interesting to see what Hearn does, action would be justified with such a late withdrawal. Very disappointed for German snooker fans, I hope the other big names really step up to the plate now, and make it a cracking tournament.

Postby Casey

On snookersceneblog it says that Ronnie told World Snooker he is taking a break from the game so this could mean the Welsh open also.

After watching him at the UK and Masters I said I don’t think he has a major left in him and I stand by that.
When taking breaks like this you can be left behind, just look at what happened to Mark Williams.

Postby Bourne

davehendon David Hendon
Ronnie O'Sullivan has withdrawn from the German Masters. Lets see if this new disciplinary system actually has any teeth.
1 hour ago

Hendon <ok> I don't care what Ronnie's reasons are, this is happening far too often, once again he's left it till the last minute to withdraw and snake hiss the fans about. I hope he gets severely punished and made an example out of.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Unless there is a serious reason for him pulling out, & I'm not wishing one on him, then this is shocking.

If its more of the same BS as the reason being given, then as I've said before about him, that man only worries about one person, & that's himself.

Postby Monique

Well regarding the promotion I'm not sure what is worst, him withdrawing late or withdrawing early.
I expect that fans who have bought tickets - and who maybe wouldn't have done if they had known beforehand that he wouldn't come - to turn up anyway. And I'm certain they will enjoy it because this is a fantastic venue and it should be great.
It's a shame nonetheless.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Casey wrote:Yes very true Tubb's. Alot of Promo money down the drain. I wonder what action Hearn will take? Why did Ronnie wait until now to pull out?

The Sun
Newsflash - 1 April 2043

"RONNIE PULLS OUT OF OWN FUNERAL"

SNOOKER star and three-times world champion (and 27-times finalist) Ronnie O'Sullivan today withdrew from his own funeral because he wanted the weekend off to see his grandchildren

Postby Tubberlad

Nope, no major left in him, I agree with that. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but I can't see it happening...

Postby Bourne

wheelsofsteel wrote:

The Sun
Newsflash - 1 April 2043

SNOOKER star and three-times world champion (and 27-times finalist) Ronnie O'Sullivan today withdrew from his own funeral because he wanted the weekend off to see his grandchildren

:redneck:

Postby Monique

wheelsofsteel wrote:

The Sun
Newsflash - 1 April 2043

They were meant to play "Ali in the Jungle" from The Hours at the event... eerrhh service. "Greatest comeback since Lazarus" etc... :scared:

Postby SnookerFan

For once I'm disappointed. When Ronnie usually pulls this rubbish I think :bird: to him. If he hasn't got time for the fans, why should the fans have time for him?

But I must say, I've always been a bit of a fan of Dale. He doesn't qualify too much, so seeing him play Ronnie in a ranking event was a match I was looking forward to. :-(

As has been said, unless Ronnie has a real problem such as illness or injury, or some kind of personal emergency, then I'm disappointed in him. It's all well and good him not wanting to go to Germany, but how many fans had paid to see him. I know he's one of four matches going on at once, but we all know that there are plenty of fans that pay to see him and him only.

What with this, and the lack of TV, this is the worst start to the tournament. Lets hope it doesn't get remembered as Bahrain-esque.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:davehendon David Hendon
Ronnie O'Sullivan has withdrawn from the German Masters. Lets see if this new disciplinary system actually has any teeth.
1 hour ago

Hendon <ok> I don't care what Ronnie's reasons are, this is happening far too often, once again he's left it till the last minute to withdraw and snake hiss the fans about. I hope he gets severely punished and made an example out of.

Absolutely <ok>

Postby Witz78

If he hasnt said "You can stick yer snooker up yer Jacksie" when announcing he wasnt going to play in Germany then i will have lost a lot of respect for him

Postby Casey

The last time Ronnie won a World Snooker tour match was against Peter Ebdon at the World Open. Conceivably he might not play again until the World Championship.

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:The last time Ronnie won a World Snooker tour match was against Peter Ebdon at the World Open. Conceivably he might not play again until the World Championship.

Isn't he going to Wales ?

Postby gallantrabbit

It's a crying a shame that someone who can play such wonderful stuff as he showed last weekend can't be brought onside by Hearn.
Hearn has known this kid for years so if even he cannot do it no-one has a chance.

Postby Witz78

Shanghai Masters - PULLS OUT

World Open - actually tries and makes the final

Power Snooker - revels in the event and wins it with ease

PTC 1 - PULLS OUT
PTC 2 - quarter finals
PTC 3 - PULLS OUT
PTC 4 - runner up
PTC 5 - PULLS OUT
PTC 6 - PULLS OUT

EPTC 1 - PULLS OUT
EPTC 2 - PULLS OUT
EPTC 3 - PULLS OUT
EPTC 4 - PULLS OUT
EPTC 5 - PULLS OUT
EPTC 6 - PULLS OUT

Premier League - tries as usual and wins with ease

UK Championship - should have pulled out as clearly didnt want to be there

Masters - should have pulled out as clearly didnt want to be there

Sky Shootout - appears to be enjoying himself and plays well

German Masters - PULLS OUT

Welsh Open - ????

China Open - WILL SURELY PULL OUT

World Championship - will he be caring?

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:The last time Ronnie won a World Snooker tour match was against Peter Ebdon at the World Open. Conceivably he might not play again until the World Championship.

Isn't he going to Wales ?

Hendon said that Ronnie told World Snooker he was taking a break from the game. To me that could well include the Welsh Open; then would you bet on him going to China in March? :chin: