Topic locked

German Masters Wild Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

February 2nd~6th at The Tempodrom in Berlin.

The Inaugural German Masters Gets underway this Week in Berlin with Ding Junhui hoping to carry on where he left off at Wembley.

Neil Robertson as World Champion is Top Seed with Ricky Walden for the First time entering as a Top 16 seed at No 15.

There have Been Ranking Tournaments Played Before in Germany The German Open between 1995 and 1997:-

1995 John Higgins Beat Ken Doherty 9-3
1996 Ronnie O'Sullivan Beat Alain Robidoux 9-7
1997 John Higgins Beat John Parrott 9-4

not much has changed in the 14 years since Then John Higgins is the Latest Ranking Event winner at the UK Championship Before Christmas. But Who will win in Germany this time around ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY---times indicated are CET

LIVE SCORES

Re: German Masters Wild Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Is this event being shown on BBC, ITV, Channel4, TheAdultChannel, FantasyCHannel, Disney, Eurosport.........................please get back to me ASAP. :)

Eurosport

British Times for first 2 Days

Wednesday 2nd of Feb
Eurosport 2 = 7pm-10pm

Thursday 3rd of Feb
Eurosport and Eurosport HD = 9am-12pm
Eurosport and Eurosport HD = 2pm-5pm
Eurosport and Eurosport HD = 7pm-10pm

Postby SnookerFan

Is this the first best of nine tournament we've had all season? No, actually on thinking about. The Shanghai Masters was. bucking hell. When people complained that we needed less best of 9s, I don't think they meant that Barry should shorten the other events.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 2nd of February

7 pm GMT

Jack Lisowski v Luca Brecel
Anthony Hamilton v Pavel Leyk
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon v Tomasz Skalski
Nigel Bond v Stefan Kasper
Joe Swail v Hans Blanckaert

World no 1 shot clock player Nigel Bond is in action on the opening day against Stefan Kasper but the Pick of the Opening nights play is without a doubt 19 year old Jack Lisowski against 15 year old Belgian sensation Luca Brecel.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Wednesday 2nd of February

7 pm GMT

Jack Lisowski v Luca Brecel
Anthony Hamilton v Pavel Leyk
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon v Tomasz Skalski
Nigel Bond v Stefan Kasper
Joe Swail v Hans Blanckaert

World no 1 shot clock player Nigel Bond is in action on the opening day against Stefan Kasper but the Pick of the Opening nights play is without a doubt 19 year old Jack Lisowski against 15 year old Belgian sensation Luca Brecel.

bucking hell. <laugh> Those are some grim matches.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:I hope Kasper does not catch Nigel cold after that MASSIVE win in Blackpool. :redneck:

i loved the way the comentators was using Major Final

Nigel Bond after 14 years reaches a Major Final <laugh>

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:I hope Kasper does not catch Nigel cold after that MASSIVE win in Blackpool. :redneck:

hilarious, Willie in his defence did correct himself when he said major but certainly it was overhyped and you would think it was the 3rd biggest tourney in the calendar the way they were frothing at the mouth, Jimmy more than anyone <laugh> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:

hilarious, Willie in his defence did correct himself when he said major but certainly it was overhyped and you would think it was the 3rd biggest tourney in the calendar the way they were frothing at the mouth, Jimmy more than anyone <laugh> :wave:

That's because he's already told us on commentary that the Premier League is a major. :emu:

Postby sundaygirl

When I tune in to eurosport at 9am tomorrow I expect to be watching the Ding v Stevens :love: match live, I will be a bit miffed if I'm watching Hendry v Trump.
Eurosport just show the local broadcaster's pictures and commentate over them don't they? How many tables do we think will have cameras on them?

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:When I tune in to eurosport at 9am tomorrow I expect to be watching the Ding v Stevens :love: match live, I will be a bit miffed if I'm watching Hendry v Trump.
Eurosport just show the local broadcaster's pictures and commentate over them don't they? How many tables do we think will have cameras on them?

ill be miffed if im watching Ding v Stevens no disrespect to both players but thats a nothing match.

and acording to http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/German ... 82,00.html TV Schedule for tonight the snooker is on at 7pm however on the British Eurosport schedules its changed and they showing bloody boring skiing <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> and no snooker :grrr:

i was looking forward to seeing Lisowski v Brecel :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:ill be miffed if im watching Ding v Stevens no disrespect to both players but thats a nothing match.

Behave yourself! That's the recent Masters Champion playing a former top-16er. Just because you and Witz are creaming yourself at the opportunity to argue about your favourite players, doesn't make this a nothing match.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:ill be miffed if im watching Ding v Stevens no disrespect to both players but thats a nothing match.

Behave yourself! That's the recent Masters Champion playing a former top-16er. Just because you and Witz are creaming yourself at the opportunity to argue about your favourite players, doesn't make this a nothing match.

its still a nothing match <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:When I tune in to eurosport at 9am tomorrow I expect to be watching the Ding v Stevens :love: match live, I will be a bit miffed if I'm watching Hendry v Trump.

Good luck for the Matthew Stevens, by the way. I have a feeling that Ding will pick up where he left off at Telford and administer a hurting. But you never know. I know you'll be want a whole to appear, and for Ding to fall in.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Stevens fangirls :zzz: Trump vs Hendry is the passing of the sport's baton, you'd have thought the sport's fans would want to witness that sort of history but obviously not :roll:

Hendry passed the baton to Neil Robertson at last months Masters, and pretty much everybody he played in the Champions League. And to Mark Williams in the UK Championship. He passed the baton on to Martin Gould twice recently.

If Judd Trump beats Stephen Hendry he won't have proved he's the future. He'll just add credance to the belief that Hendry is getting ever closer to retirement. Something Hendry acknowledges himself in his decision to try his hand at commentary. Judd Trump winning won't be any kind of passing of the baton, it'll just be viewed as him beating a well past his best legend. A bit like a young player these days beat Jimmy White in the first round. It's so mundane, it doesn't prove anything itself.

Judd Trump needs to start winning tournaments, or at least consistently getting to the business end ala Mark Allen before giving it large about batons being passed and the future of snooker. And if he does that, then the fact he beats Hendry or somebody else in the first round won't matter. In fact, it'd mean more if he got a second with over Ronnie, or beat Higgins, Williams or Ding. Somebody who is still considered capable.

Of course, should Hendry win, and do his usual of getting knocked out in the second match he plays, then this proves little either. Except for being a bit of a disaster for your opinion that Judd is the future of course. <laugh>

Ding and Matthew Stevens should, in theory, be one-sided. Ding is a proven tournament winner, and is looking to move onto bigger and better things. Matthew Stevens rarely qualifies any more, so you would expect him to lose, quite well. But, when you consider that Matthew Stevens qualified for the last ranking event, the UK Championships, and that he met Ding in the first round it adds some interest. Will he be able to do better then he did before? The fact that he has qualified for the last two tournaments it has been possible for him to suggest it's possible he is finding form again, and will want to banish his relatively poor scoreline in Telford. Sport doesn't always go the way it should 'in theory'.

Postby Wildey

Noel wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1843078797587&set=a.1764307708359.102679.1259102906

The Arena

WOW
Is that floor a slowly revolving turntable?

N ;) EL

hahaha

now that would be something :redneck: