Post a reply

Re: Maui's Snooker League Results 2010/2011

Postby Maui

Thanks Randam, I'll do my best ;-)

Only played half of our match this week due to the heating system packing up in our club. Didn't fancy playing in arctic-like conditions, so it's been arranged for 2 weeks time.
The half we did play though worked out well. Our 2 away players both went away and won 2-1.

The top team won 4-1 overall, so it now means that if me & my mate win our half of the re-arranged match, we go joint top at the halfway point. Then we play each other first game back after Xmas!!!!

Got both my individual matches next week, plus a team cup KO, so I'll report back on them. Wins in the 2 individuals puts me through to the QF of both, which would equal the furthest I've ever got. So fingers crossed!

Postby Maui

Right, got a few updates for you. Last night we played the second half of our re-arranged match. Me and my teammate both won 2-1, so that gave us the 5-0 win we needed to go joint top at the halfway point. I had to work extremely hard for mine though, and I probably class it as one of the best comeback frames I've ever produced (and I've had to do a few this season! Lol).
I won the first frame quite comfortably, hitting a 55 & 2 more mid 20's. I felt I was cueing really well, and started the second frame like the first, banging in some cracking long pots. Only this time I was getting a little kiss here, little nudge there, & I seemed to keep landing fractionally out of position. Couple that with a few in-offs & I ended up losing it narrowly.
The third frame followed the path of the second, but by now my opponent was starting to play quite well himself. I found myself right up against it with 1 red left. I was 33 down, all the colours were tied up with the blue pink & black all touching each other on the side rail! I managed to get a snooker in behind yellow, & put the red touching up against black. It left him in a horrible position. He missed the first attempt & left a free ball, & kept doing it as it was getting harder & harder as I kept knocking all the colours into play whilst snookering him again and again. I managed to score 39 points off that 1 snooker, before eventually potting the long red & clearing up! I was absolutely delighted!

Also last week I had my individuals and team cup. I won my Bristol open match 3-2 which put me into the QF. My divisional individual, my opponent didnt turn up, and forfeited the match. So, QF of that one too (albeit by default)
The team cup competition we all play at same venue & it's a race to 4 frames & is handicapped. I lost my first frame, but hit back with an 86 in my second to secure a 4-2 win for the team. It's a shame because it consisted of 14 reds & 14 colours. I lost position on 15th red, going for a total clearance. All colours were on spots too :(

Anyway, all in all, a very good couple of weeks.

So, merry Christmas to all of you who have taken time to read my updates :)

Postby Maui

Right, I've got a few updates for you. I'll start with the league. We ended the first half joint top with last years champions, & we had to play them first game back. The table was:

1st) Them 47.5pts
2nd) Us 47.5pts
So,

Week 14:
We actually managed to beat them 3-2. I won my match 2-0 against their captain, which extended my winning streak to 13 matches in all competitions. This put us 1 point clear at the top.
1st) Us 50.5
2nd) Them 49.5

Week 15:
rubbish! We lost 3-2 to the champions of 2 seasons ago. The leagues best player decides to come out of temporary retirement to play his first match of the season. He beat my mate 2-0, although albeit with a bit of good fortune along the way. I lost my match 2-0 to last years Bristol Open Champion, 2 pink ball frames! My winning streak is over! Luckily, our home players rescued it by winning their home legs, 1 of them dropping a frame though, giving us the 2-3 reverse.
Our title challengers beat their B side 5-0 to move back to the top.
1st) Them 54.5
2nd) Us 52.5

Week 16:
Brings us to this week, and boy was it a struggle! 3 of our team, including myself, have just got back from a week long skiing/snake hiss up holiday! Don't ask me how, but all 3 of us managed to pull out 2-1 wins, whilst my brother pulled off a great 2-0 at the away venue to give us a 5-0 overall win. They're a good side too, so didn't expect that result at all!
Our challengers dropped points this week too, only managing a draw with one of the mid-table clubs, so we leapfrog them again!
1st) Us 57.5
2nd) Them 57

This is gonna go right to the wire!

I also managed to win my Bristol Open QF 3-0 too, reaching my first semi-final. I now have to play at a neutral venue, wear shirt & trousers & get a fully auspices referee :)

I have the QF of the other individual (the divisional one) next Monday. I'm playing against the guy who beat me 2-0 in the post above on his home table. I'm after revenge! Lol.

Sadly, that's all the good news to report. My Team KO team (diff players to my proper team) got knocked out of the cup competition, losing 4-0. I didn't play in this as I'd just got back from holiday that night so just went along for moral support.
Also, me & my mate lost our doubles 2-0 to 2 players from the team were contesting the title with.
So, focus is now firmly on the league & 2 individuals.

Postby Maui

Ranking points to what extent? If you mean, the main pro tour, then I'm afraid not! We're a million miles off that standard I'm afraid. This is just a local, amateur league, although there are a few good players (some ex-pro's) plying their trade.
That's why im excited about reaching the semi's & having to dress up smart & play infront of a qualified referee (donning the White gloveds et al! Lol)

Postby Maui

We managed to get another 5-0 last week, 3 2-1 wins & a 2-0. Unfortunately, our rivals also managed a 5-0 against the team in 3rd place, which was a massive result & pretty unexpected to be honest.
We've got bottom of the league tonight, & they've got bottom but 1. So the favourite results for both are 5-0, 5-0.
Table stands at (with 9 games left):

1st) Us 62.5
2nd) Them 62

On another note, I lost 3-0 in the QF of one of the individuals last week. Went down to the guy who beat me in the league a few weeks back. I didn't really do too much wrong to be honest, he was just too good on the night. He won a tight first frame, hit a 91 in 2nd (I only had 2 shots all frame), & the 3rd I rattled a 50-50 final black on a clearance & left it in the jaws for him.

Im still going strong in the main individual competition though, in the SF of the Bristol Open. And this guys in the other half to me!!! Lol