Post a reply

Ronnie wishes Andy Murray all the best

Postby vodkadiet

I was pleased to see Ronnie O'Sullivan going out of his way to wish Andy Murray all the best for tomorrow's Australian Open final.

I have been critical of O'Sullivan in the past, but it is nice to see him giving favour towards a better and more successful sportsman than himself.

Well done Ronnie and kudos to you.

Re: Ronnie wishes Andy Murray all the best

Postby jojo

i remember a few years ago he said something like if you gave me a million pounds to play like tim henman and no money at all to play like federer i would still want to play like federer

i guess what comes out his mouth depends what type of mood hes in

Postby vodkadiet

jojo wrote:i remember a few years ago he said something like if you gave me a million pounds to play like tim henman and no money at all to play like federer i would still want to play like federer

i guess what comes out his mouth depends what type of mood hes in

Yes, he's a strange one is Ronnie. I am not sure if he even knows what is leaving his mouth from one minute to the next.

Postby jojo

i know people think this an excuse but it his bipolar disorder which basically means chemical imbalance in the brain mood high one minute then down the next

that why sometimes you see him hyper sometimes you see him really low but to be honest everything he say i take with a pinch of salt

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I was pleased to see Ronnie O'Sullivan going out of his way to wish Andy Murray all the best for tomorrow's Australian Open final.

I have been critical of O'Sullivan in the past, but it is nice to see him giving favour towards a better and more successful sportsman than himself.

Well done Ronnie and kudos to you.

In what sense is Andy Murray more successful then Ronnie? He hasn't won anything....

I must say, I get more annoyed by Ronnie's constantly mentioning other sports player's names. It's like he thinks we're impressed that he can name people from other sports. :roll:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
In what sense is Andy Murray more successful then Ronnie?

Hes among the top players in a global game thats far harder to make it to the top <ok>

His earnings and sponsorships make Ronnies prize money look like buttons <ok>

He travels the world week to week playing in tournaments and is a true professional <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hes among the top players in a global game thats far harder to make it to the top <ok>

He travels the world week to week playing in tournaments and is a true professional <ok>

Come one witz, where's the BUT ... :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

So essentially, nothing. <ok>

Postby Wildey

the definition of success is getting on aeroplanes often and being mates with the Bank Manager.....

rofl rofl rofl

Postby mediter

jojo, maybe so what you said, but that´s how life pretty much get on. Sometimes it´s sunshine, sometimes it´s cloudy, sometimes heavy rain, sometimes freezing and so on... Ronnie´s and every human being just part of this system. That´s all. Get a life.

Postby jojo

why you telling me to get a life i know what bipolar disorder is and the effects it has on everyday life i wasnt criticising ronnie o sullivan i was just saying how things are

i will not resort to calling you names but let me tell you something pal next time try reading a post properly before coming up with rubbish like you have done

Postby Monique

I must be thick but I just don't get some of the points here...
Ronnie is a big Federe fan, no doubt, he prefers Federer style of play to Murray's. But when Federer is out of the tournament I can't see why he woudn't genuinely support the other guy. Maybe for completely different reasons BTW. Maybe not brilliance and style, but heart and determination ... and Murray has plenty of it.
I safely bet most of us have players we support when our top fav is out of a snooker tournament. Why would it be different here?

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:I must be thick but I just don't get some of the points here...
Ronnie is a big Federe fan, no doubt, he prefers Federer style of play to Murray's. But when Federer is out of the tournament I can't see why he woudn't genuinely support the other guy. Maybe for completely different reasons BTW. Maybe not brilliance and style, but heart and determination ... and Murray has plenty of it.
I safely bet most of us have players we support when our top fav is out of a snooker tournament. Why would it be different here?

There is no point. Some people want to criticise him for no reason. Which is a shame, because if you want to criticise him he's playing next week, it's only a matter of time before he does something annoying. <laugh>

Still his constant referring to other sports stars is kind of funny. It's usually Federer or Tiger Woods, though he did mention Mike Tyson once. Basically most news stories with quotes from Ronnie are him trying to show off how many sportsmen he can name. :roll: :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:There is no point. Some people want to criticise him for no reason. Which is a shame, because if you want to criticise him he's playing next week, it's only a matter of time before he does something annoying. <laugh>

:bowdown:

Does that count as a successful prediction? <laugh>