Post a reply

Just a Idea.

Postby Wildey

How About Use the PTC as a qualifying competition to get 32 Players for each Main Ranking Event.

so the Top 32 Player on the PTC List thats not Ranked in the Top 64 Plays in the Qualifiers for the Main Ranking Tournaments at the Last 96 Stage with the 16 Winners going on to Play players Ranked 49 to 64 in Round 2.

That Way All Players got a chance of Playing on the Ranking Tournament Tour that Season.

Then Spread open the PTC Events More so Players that couldn't be in the UK Championship still has a Chance to play in the China Open or World Championship.

in Short Incorporate the PTC For All Players on to the Main Tour and Everyone earn Ranking Points in the PTC Not as it is at the moment MT Players.

Re: Just a Idea.

Postby Wildey

under this idea these would play in the Welsh Open and German Masters

1. Neil Robertson
2. John Higgins
3. Mark Williams
4. Ding Junhui
5. Shaun Murphy
6. Mark Selby
7. Ali Carter
8. Stephen Maguire
9. Ronnie O'Sullivan
10. Graeme Dott
11. Mark Allen
12. Peter Ebdon
13. Jamie Cope
14. Stephen Hendry
15. Ricky Walden
16. Mark King
17. Stuart Bingham
18. Marco Fu
19. Mark Davis
20. Stephen Lee
21. Martin Gould
22. Matthew Stevens
23. Andrew Higginson
24. Liang Wenbo
25. Ryan Day
26. Judd Trump
27. Barry Hawkins
28. Ken Doherty
29. Gerard Greene
30. Tom Ford
31. Marcus Campbell
32. Joe Perry
33. Dominic Dale
34. Fergal O'Brien
35. Mike Dunn
36. Robert Milkins
37. Nigel Bond
38. Rory McLeod
39. Anthony Hamilton
40. Jamie Burnett
41. Steve Davis
42. Michael Holt
43. Peter Lines
44. Barry Pinches
45. Joe Swail
46. Tony Drago
47. Mark Joyce
48. Alan McManus
49. Matthew Selt
50. Dave Harold
51. Adrian Gunnell
52. Andy Hicks
53. Jamie Jones
54. Stuart Pettman
55. Rod Lawler
56. Anthony McGill
57. Jimmy White
58. Joe Jogia
59. Alfie Burden
60. Ian McCulloch
61. Bjorn Haneveer
62. Jack Lisowski
63. Jimmy Robertson
64. Patrick Wallace

Daniel Wells
Matthew Couch
Liam Highfield
Liu Chuang
Andrew Pagett
Liu Song
Michael White
Paul Davison
Ben Woollaston
Igor Figueiredo
Xiao Guodong
Allan Taylor
Michael Wasley

Jimmy Michie
Issara Kachaiwong
James McBain
Kyren Wilson
Justin Astley
Luca Brecel
Adam Wicheard
Stuart Carrington
James McGouran
Andrew Norman
Anda Zhang
Jak Jones
Kurt Maflin
Ian Burns
Patrick Einsle
David Morris
Craig Steadman
Chen Zhe
Stephen Craigie

Bold indicates Players that would benefit.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I've heard worse ideas Wild.

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I've heard worse ideas Wild.

i dont think it will ever be introduced because it will stop every Current Route to get on Tour including the Q School .

but its a way of opening up the Tour without Opening it up to the extent it was in 1991 when you Joined the Ranks.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Wild wrote:

i dont think it will ever be introduced because it will stop every Current Route to get on Tour including the Q School .

but its a way of opening up the Tour without Opening it up to the extent it was in 1991 when you Joined the Ranks.

Follow my career closely did you Wild? :john:

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Wild wrote:

Follow my career closely did you Wild? :john:

well at that time it was hard to follow much on the career of players there was so many but i went up to the Norbreck 4 or 5 times to qualifiers.

Postby Monique

Well, your idea is interesting but I'm afraid that it could result in closing the game more than opening it.
Let me (try to) explain.
If this is applied only the players in top 64 are certain to play in the ranking events. They will play their first match agains lower ranked guys and winning that first match will be enough to keep them in there most of the time.
The lower 32 will have to earn their right through the PTC. There, contrary to regular qualifs, they will have to play more matches, will be possibly drawn against top guns and it will cost them more in travel and hotel if you consider the EPTCs. So it will be harder for them to earn points and to progress.
This would virtually cut the tour to 64 players and have them protected more than they are now.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Well, your idea is interesting but I'm afraid that it could result in closing the game more than opening it.
Let me (try to) explain.
If this is applied only the players in top 64 are certain to play in the ranking events. They will play their first match agains lower ranked guys and winning that first match will be enough to keep them in there most of the time.
The lower 32 will have to earn their right through the PTC. There, contrary to regular qualifs, they will have to play more matches, will be possibly drawn against top guns and it will cost them more in travel and hotel if you consider the EPTCs. So it will be harder for them to earn points and to progress.
This would virtually cut the tour to 64 players and have them protected more than they are now.

yes i see what you mean but suerly there should be some way of getting more out of the PTC on the Main Tour or qualifying for the Main Tour.