Post a reply

O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby randam05

His interviews are always the same with annoying bull that comes from his mouth.

Can never have the decency to attend tournaments or appreciate his fans support.

Was watching a program called top 100 most annoying people of 2010 and he actually came 63rd on there! was funny.

Im just getting slightly annoyed and bored actually of him and his actions. Dont get me wrong he is still great when in full flow putting all his concentration into the game.

Opinions...

Re: O' Sullivan...is anyone getting annoyed by him now?

Postby Tubberlad

He has to deal with a very difficult condition. I don't get why he's being so heavily criticised for pulling out of the Championship League as he's going to be in the Premier League anyway and it doesn't matter.

He does talk rubbish, and he has left fans down in the past, but I'll never get bored of him because of what he's capable of doing on the table. I've been very sad to see him underperform of late as I believe he's in decline and a curtain is coming down on one of the great players.

Postby Roland

He's not in decline or at least his ability isn't in decline. His desire may be in decline but a short spell away from the game and seeing other players take the spoils should reignite him. If he wants it he can be top 16 until he's in his 60s.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:He's not in decline or at least his ability isn't in decline. His desire may be in decline but a short spell away from the game and seeing other players take the spoils should reignite him. If he wants it he can be top 16 until he's in his 60s.

There's nothing I'd love more than to see O'Sullivan win a fourth World Championship, I wouldn't ask for anythign else. Your comment is probably correct, it's more a mental thing than actual play, but I don't think his game is at the 100% sharpness it had either.

Anyway, I hope there's a bit more left in him, though frankly I don't have high hopes.

Postby Roland

He is only 2 years down the line from playing his best ever snooker and players as good as him don't turn rubbish overnight. His long potting for example is 100% mental. People cite his long potting as the start of decline but look at Cliff Wilson for proof that long potting can still be good into old age. When Ronnie really wants to win such as when he plays Selby or Murphy, his long game is as sharp as ever. For me it's all about his mental game rather than his physical game and his physical game is plenty good enough to see him win a lot more tournaments in future. It comes down to priorities and hunger. He's a weak soul, bless him. If he had Hendry's hunger he would be unstoppable in every event he enters.

Postby Wildey

i disagree

i think his game is in decline.

When hes good in the Balls he is rubbish when it comes to long Potting.

in the Masters his Long Potting was rubbish hot and he missed stupid Balls without reason sorry but that is a sign of Decline seen it before with Hendry, Davis and White.

Ronnies Problem is hes a perfectionist and when things aint Perfect he loses Interest very fast i dont know if he very similar to Hendry can cope With his game not being perfect to the standards he expects.

its a long road from Hero to zero he will win the odd tournament hes just to good not to but the signs are there.

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:To return to Randam's article, I find his hard core fans and hard core dislikers far more annoying than Ronnie himself

Agreed. They are both as bad as each other.

Postby Roland

It's up to him wild, you don't know the situation with his kids before judging whether he should be at the German Masters. I would've thought he'd want to go though, big event, great venue, big crowds, it's what he lives for.

Postby Casey

I certainly think his game is in decline, Ronnie never used to give up a lead in a match, he used to be such a good front runner. This has changed in recent years and we have seen him lose from winning positions on several occasions in the last few years.
He can still produce a sparkling performance every now and again but like Hendry before him, he has lost a lot of his fear factor. When other players stand up and be counted against him, show no fear and bring their best it makes it even more difficult for him.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's up to him wild, you don't know the situation with his kids before judging whether he should be at the German Masters. I would've thought he'd want to go though, big event, great venue, big crowds, it's what he lives for.

sorry but thats neither here or there if he turns up to a exhibition and doesn't to a ranker he and his family situation is taking the snake hiss out of the sport....

he should come out and say im not taking part in a certain amount of tournament until further notice because of situation out of my control.....

its not fair on punters buying tickets to see him and he is not there....its very unpfoffesional from everyone especially him.

Postby Monique

Well the CLS has no audience, is not on telly and as the defending champion he doesn't need to qualify for the PL. So I don't see why the fuss this thread is all about. If anything he gives Bingham more opportunities to try and qualify.
BTW Mark Allen has pulled out as well and, not surprisingly for me, this is only triggering a deafening silence on this forum. No comments, move on. As it should be BTW. It's their choice and in Mark's case his loss, because he isn't guaranteed a spot in PL. Maybe he will play in a next group.
As for Berlin and not pre-judging if ROS will pull out or not, if, as it has been reported, he has his kids from Friday till Monday morning, playing on a Tuesday might not be a problem while going into a tournament from Thursday till Sunday might be. And I think it's more honest, and better for the viewers, to pull out rather than trying to lose to be back home asap.
Having said that I hope that he will play.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:Well the CLS has no audience, is not on telly and as the defending champion he doesn't need to qualify for the PL. So I don't see why the fuss this thread is all about. If anything he gives Bingham more opportunities to try and qualify.
BTW Mark Allen has pulled out as well and, not surprisingly for me, this is only triggering a deafening silence on this forum. No comments, move on. As it should be BTW. It's their choice and in Mark's case his loss, because he isn't guaranteed a spot in PL. Maybe he will play in a next group.
As for Berlin and not pre-judging if ROS will pull out or not, if, as it has been reported, he has his kids from Friday till Monday morning, playing on a Tuesday might not be a problem while going into a tournament from Thursday till Sunday might be. And I think it's more honest, and better for the viewers, to pull out rather than trying to lose to be back home asap.

what happens at the worlds if he is scheduled from thursday till sunday

?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well is the exhibition on a weekday and the German Masters over a weekend? You saw the interview about custody at weekends...

all tournaments are played at weekends if you win it you could play 2 weekends its time he sorts this out even if he says im taking 6 months or a year out aka Tiger Woods to sort it.

we are going to a area now reason Ronnie losing is because they play semis and finals at the weekend

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:Well the CLS has no audience, is not on telly and as the defending champion he doesn't need to qualify for the PL. So I don't see why the fuss this thread is all about. If anything he gives Bingham more opportunities to try and qualify.

what happens at the worlds if he is scheduled from thursday till sunday

?

Ronnie to Win the Worlds could play Saturday Sunday Saturday Sunday Saturday Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well is the exhibition on a weekday and the German Masters over a weekend? You saw the interview about custody at weekends...

all tournaments are played at weekends if you win it you could play 2 weekends its time he sorts this out even if he says im taking 6 months or a year out aka Tiger Woods to sort it.

we are going to a area now reason Ronnie losing is because they play semis and finals at the weekend

No, wild.
Ronnie losing to Allen in the Masters was because Mark was the better player. And him losing to Bingham in the UK was a combination of Stuart being excellent - because he was excellent - and ROS letting frustration get at him and being reckless.

By not trying I was referring to some of what I have seen in the EPTCs by top players I will not name. And it was blatant and in front of an audience. ROS has got a lot of critics for playing only in 2 PTCs, and there is no excuse for not turning up without notifying the organisers, but in the 2 he entered he tried properly, making a quarters and a final. Between two "evils", I personally think it's better that way than turning up and blatantly not giving a ****.

Postby wheelsofsteel

I feel sorry for Ronnie and Hendry and the likes having to commit to these tournaments because it's like Robbie Williams or The Killers or Elton John or U2 playing Wembley or Slane Castle or, then being told that after all your success you need to play the Plymouth Conservative Club or the Barrow-on-Furness CIA Working Mens club.

There will be those who say they have to put something back into the game - but take them in front of sponsors or broadcasters, rather than playing to no-one in nowhere

Postby Wildey

point is if Ronnie has commitments that dont include snooker at weekends how is he going to be able to give 100% to the sport when he plays.

i feel for him but he or the sport cant go on like this its not fair for anyone things has to get sorted somehow surely.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:point is if Ronnie has commitments that dont include snooker at weekends how is he going to be able to give 100% to the sport when he plays.

i feel for him but he or the sport cant go on like this its not fair for anyone things has to get sorted somehow surely.

central contracts - great way to go :john:

Postby Wildey

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Wild wrote:point is if Ronnie has commitments that dont include snooker at weekends how is he going to be able to give 100% to the sport when he plays.

central contracts - great way to go :john:

well quite clearly Ronnie wont sign thoes anyway because he does have his priorities Right and his decition to pull out is on many ocations dictated elsewhere as he himself has said but that has got to be sorted and not go from tournament to tournament entering then Pulling out...

Take a Stand im not entering until i get things sorted at home.