Post a reply

Re: O'Sullivan withdraws from Championship League

Postby Casey

TBF to Ronnie the traveling is a lot for him and with Diesel at 135.9p per litre he has to think of the travel costs as well.

<doh>

Any news on his sick note for Germany :chin:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:TBF to Ronnie the traveling is a lot for him and with Diesel at 135.9p per litre he has to think of the travel costs as well.

<doh>

Any news on his sick note for Germany :chin:

well you got to question if Ronnie will be in Germany nobody in the history of snooker has let down organizers more than Ronnie some with legitimate reasons others with just cant be fussed.

on the scale of things this isn't major though as there wont be disappointed spectators.

Postby vodkadiet

I predicted he would pull out. He only played the previous league because it is just around the corner from his house.

In fairness to Ronnie, he is a big Federer fan and Federer will be in action next week in The Aussie Open, and Ronnie wouldn't want to miss that. Federer is likewise a big Ronnie fan, and has pulled out of tennis tournaments quite a few times to watch Ronnie not give of his best on the baize.

Hearn needs to start dangling bigger carrots for Ronnie if he wants him to play snooker. How about offering Ronnie £20,000 for every point he scores in one of these leagues? I would hazard a guess that the 'money hussy' would then turn up.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 20 Jan 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well it's not as if Ronnie won't be in the Premier League is it?

NO but the thing is does Ronnie actually want to play snooker hes hardly had any matches this season to play.

Postby Monique

People don't know what they want! LOL.
When he entered group 2 there were questions about why does he enter this because as the defending champion his spot is guaranteed.
Now he withdraws they ask why he withdraws and shame on him!
And yes probably he entered the previous group as a good practice before the Masters (for what it was worth anyway... ) and because it was around the corner.
This one is in the same place, so still around the corner... his house hasn't moved for all I know.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:People don't know what they want! LOL.
When he entered group 2 there were questions about why does he enter this because as the defending champion his spot is guaranteed.
Now he withdraws they ask why he withdraws and shame on him!
And yes probably he entered the previous group as a good practice before the Masters (for what it was worth anyway... ) and because it was around the corner.
This one is in the same place, so still around the corner... his house hasn't moved for all I know.

why did he bother if he not see it through .

last season Mark Allen Played one Group then he couldnt play in the next but could come Back the Group after due to playing commitment.

Why cant Ronnie do that if he wants to......For years people made Jokes if Tournament was played in Essex Ronnie would not pull out well how wrong was that so what does he want ?

of course there could be reasons totally out of his control but its Strange thoes never crop up During The Worlds or maybe they do and he would try to lose on purpose like in China ? only asking the question.

as i said this isnt a Big Deal however the undercurrent of why he Keeps Pulling out might be.......This was not Played at the Weekend so Having his kids over cant be a reason....CAN IT ?

Ronnie just Confuses us all......Does he want to play snooker ???

Postby Witz78

Wot a joke.

He was recently saying how his UK defeat was down to a lack of match practice through missing out on the PTC events.

Now he has an opportunity to have regular practice against top class opponents on his doorstep and pulls out of it.

I fully expect him to pull out of Germany, not give a toss about the Welsh, pull out of China Open then capiltulate at Sheffield and come out with some nonsense about why he lost.

Postby GJ

Sirius B wrote:at the end of the day top 16 pros can play in or not play in whatever they choose. its up to him not us on the forum

:bowdown: :D <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:RONALD :bowdown: <cool>

Am I bucking seeing things, or has GJ just followed up the word Ronald with two positive smilies :eek: <laugh>

Big deal about all this. He's going to be in the Premier League anyway, and deservedly so as he's defending champion.

Postby Wildey

Sirius B wrote:at the end of the day top 16 pros can play in or not play in whatever they choose. its up to him not us on the forum

a forum is to discuss things not pick and choose what to discuss as fans we got the right to pick the bones out of any decition Snooker Players does otherwise there would be no bucking Point of a Forum <doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:

a forum is to discuss things not pick and choose what to discuss as fans we got the right to pick the bones out of any decition Snooker Players does otherwise there would be no bucking Point of a Forum <doh>

no comment

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

A bit harsh Wild, as I actually agree with Rocket's point. Yes, we are allowed debate it, of course, but I see nothing wrong with what Ronnie has done here.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

A bit harsh Wild, as I actually agree with Rocket's point. Yes, we are allowed debate it, of course, but I see nothing wrong with what Ronnie has done here.

say so then

not say sorry we shouldn't talk about it on a forum.of course we should ffs

that would virtually kill off forums if everyone says ohhhh we shouldnt debate that this and the other.

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket never said we shouldn't debate it. If he did, I would disagree with that Wild. But he hasn't.

What he said was it's not our decision, and he's correct in saying that. I think Ronnie was perfectly entitled to pull out of this, but some will disagree, thus we debate it. Simple.

Postby Wildey

he said its not for us to say..

if we want to say a Player should play in a event thats our opinion and as a forum we have the right to say that.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:he said its not for us to say..

if we want to say a Player should play in a event thats our opinion and as a forum we have the right to say that.

He said it's not for us to decide, which is true.

Anyway, back on topic.

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:he said its not for us to say..

wild i said, its up ronnie and him alone. not us.

i havent said that we cant debate. but theres a difference in general debating and jumping on a player (in this case ronnie)

Postby Wildey

Jumping on a Player whats been Happening to John Higgins without any evidence to back up claims thats Jumping on Someone as for Withdrawing,Playing etc thats Fair Game on a Forum.

the CL isnt that big of deal anyway although had he not Bothered in the first place another player would have had the opportunity to make a few quid.

but thats neither here or there only he knows why hes pulled out.

what im saying here is if a player pulls out of a event we got the right to criticize that player or support him that what a forums does.

its up to Barry Hearn to discipline him if the reason isn't good enough.

Postby Monique

CLS is not a WSA event. So I can't see how Barry Hearn could discipline anyone for withdrawing from that in his capacity of WSA boss.
Now CLS, like PL, I suppose has contactual arrangements. Now it's to be seen what's in there. They are quite strict for PL, but then it's on telly and a player can't be replaced by another one. CLS is different and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an opt-out option.