Topic locked

Snooker Island represented at Blackpool

Postby Roland

Our roving reporter Suzy Jardine will be at the World Snooker Shootout in Blackpool to bring you all the latest news and gossip from the event. If you have any requests for her then ask away here and I'm sure she'll do her best to find out whatever you want finding out.

:santa:

Re: Snooker Island represented at Blackpool

Postby GJ

does suzy think this farce is more important than the masters as i didnt see any reports from her there

:chin: :redneck:

Postby footygirl

I do have a job at a radio station that required me to manage while the boss went on holiday . I am deputy head so I had to act as general manager in his absence. If it is any consolation I wasn't happy about it and felt so frustrated about it

Postby GJ

footygirl wrote:I do have a job at a radio station that required me to manage while the boss went on holiday . I am deputy head so I had to act as general manager in his absence. If it is any consolation I wasn't happy about it and felt so frustrated about it

suz <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Witz78 wrote:as long as some of the boozed up crowd are boooing Higgins at Blackpool, ill be there in spirit !!

Witz can`t you get down from the moral high ground?? Go chase someone who really went wayward. Burnett perhaps??

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:
Witz78 wrote:as long as some of the boozed up crowd are boooing Higgins at Blackpool, ill be there in spirit !!

Witz can`t you get down from the moral high ground?? Go chase someone who really went wayward. Burnett perhaps??

Burnett = innocent till proven guilty <ok>

as for Higgins :wild2:

Postby Tubberlad

footygirl wrote:Please guys can we move on from Higgins - it has been investigated and dealt with

And it's very boring seeing posters having one set of laws for one player and an entirely different set of laws on another. Though I'm no Higgins fan.

Postby Roland

footygirl wrote:I don't have one set of laws for and one for another

He's talking about witz who idolises Quinten Hann but despises John Higgins despite one of them being blatantly more guilty than the other.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Sonny wrote:

He's talking about witz who idolises Quinten Hann but despises John Higgins despite one of them being blatantly more guilty than the other.

but in no particular order :stir:

Postby Witz78

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Sonny wrote:

but in no particular order :stir:

well its obvious whos blatantly more quilty than the other <ok>

I give you these 5 words :no:

JUSTICE A MISCARRIAGE TOTAL OF

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:

Bingo <ok> sorry Suzy for the confusion.

I don't like Higgins, but he's not a scumbag. That other thug is a hell of a lot closer.

Postby Roland

To be fair snooker did shoot itself in the foot with the length of ban dished out to Hann. He was a bad boy, he was in the tabloids and he would get people watching the game. He was stupid, but 8 years was too long. He didn't help himself by not turning up to the tribunal but everyone deserves a second chance and I would hope if he made the effort and showed a bit of maturity and wanted to come back, he would be forgiven and allowed to try for his place back on tour.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote: and I would hope if he made the effort and showed a bit of maturity and wanted to come back, he would be forgiven and allowed to try for his place back on tour.

yes i agree, i feel he would be forgived also, whrn on form he was a very good player. 10-9 win over hunter at the worlds was class

Postby Witz78

Sirius B wrote:
Sonny wrote: and I would hope if he made the effort and showed a bit of maturity and wanted to come back, he would be forgiven and allowed to try for his place back on tour.

yes i agree, i feel he would be forgived also, whrn on form he was a very good player. 10-9 win over hunter at the worlds was class

id have him in my top 3 favourite players of the 00's along with Ronnie and Ebdon.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

id have him in my top 3 favourite players of the 00's along with Ronnie and Ebdon.

yes i had him over hunter and stevens. abit of a wasted talent but who knows he could come back and be a major force

Postby Tubberlad

He was a tosser. I'm not a prude, but he was an trumper IMO, and was always destined to be a waste of talent, ban or no ban. I don't dispute he was a good player, he was very good, but I saw him as more of a nuisance than a character to ne honest.

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:He was a tosser. I'm not a prude, but he was an trumper IMO, and was always destined to be a waste of talent, ban or no ban. I don't dispute he was a good player, he was very good, but I saw him as more of a nuisance than a character to ne honest.

he would be good at power snooker tho <ok>

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

Ahead of Williams, Hunter, Selby, Ding etc? I wouldn't because I didn't see enough of him to make such a judgement. He was a good player when he tried but he wasn't a wham bang thank you mam sort of player. He was a bit like Ronnie in that you didn't know which version of him would turn up but without the talent. It's a shame we never got to see what he was capable of though. JV touted him as a "future World Champion" which is strong words, I never saw him in that light but then I didn't see enough of him to judge.

What I will always remember though is his feud with Andy Hicks and subsequent challenge to a fight which Mark King took up. I've never seen that fight, is it on youtube? Obviously also his smashing of reds from the break and letting Mark Williams run out 13 frames on the spin against him at the Crucible. And the alleged rapings. :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

Sirius B wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:He was a tosser. I'm not a prude, but he was an trumper IMO, and was always destined to be a waste of talent, ban or no ban. I don't dispute he was a good player, he was very good, but I saw him as more of a nuisance than a character to ne honest.

Jesus, I never though of that.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:To be fair snooker did shoot itself in the foot with the length of ban dished out to Hann. He was a bad boy, he was in the tabloids and he would get people watching the game. He was stupid, but 8 years was too long. He didn't help himself by not turning up to the tribunal but everyone deserves a second chance and I would hope if he made the effort and showed a bit of maturity and wanted to come back, he would be forgiven and allowed to try for his place back on tour.

Quinten Hann was a good player but did not have the dedication for a top sportsman and even if he wasn't banned by now he would be dead and buried as a player anyway.

he wanted out and got his wish ......now after years he can Blame the WSA instead of admitting he was a quitter <ok>

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

Jesus, I never though of that.

I don't remember him being particularly fast. In fact looking back he was pretty measured and would be around the 23-25 second average shot time?

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:To be fair snooker did shoot itself in the foot with the length of ban dished out to Hann. He was a bad boy, he was in the tabloids and he would get people watching the game. He was stupid, but 8 years was too long. He didn't help himself by not turning up to the tribunal but everyone deserves a second chance and I would hope if he made the effort and showed a bit of maturity and wanted to come back, he would be forgiven and allowed to try for his place back on tour.

Quinten Hann was a good player but did not have the dedication for a top sportsman and even if he wasn't banned by now he would be dead and buried as a player anyway.

he wanted out and got his wish ......now after years he can Blame the WSA instead of admitting he was a quitter <ok>

Was he smashing the reds on the break against Williams? If so then yes, a quitter. In a way, a more extreme version of Jamie Cope who seems to give up and not take responsibility for his actions rather than classically "bottle it" by missing key balls when the heat is on.

That's what Ronnie did against Hendry in the UK at 4-1 down in my opinion. He saw Hendry was going to win and he quit.

Postby Wildey

what i meant he used the ban as a get out clause so that nobody could say he couldn't hack it at top level.