Topic locked

Sanyuan Foods To Sponsor China Open Snooker

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/china_open1 ... tm?tid=151

World Snooker is delighted to announce Sanyuan Foods as the new title sponsor of the China Open.

The world ranking tournament takes place at the Beijing Students University Stadium from March 29 to April 4. Peter Ebdon will defend his title against the world’s top players, including Ronnie O’Sullivan, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins and Chinese hero Ding Junhui.

The event will be known as the Sanyuan Foods 2010 World Snooker China Open.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: “This is our third title sponsorship announcement within the last few weeks and it’s another piece of great news for our sport. Very quickly, we’ve moved from a position of struggling for sponsors, to having one on board for all but one of our televised professional tournaments. China is snooker’s most vibrant growth area and I’m very excited about the commercial potential there, so this announcement is another step forward. We look forward to working with the team at Sanyuan, as well as the CBSA, promoter International Sports Ltd and our other partners, on another successful tournament.”

Beijing Sanyuan Foods Company Ltd's principal activities are the manufacture and sale of dairy products such as high-temperature milk, sterilized milk, room temperature milk, sour milk and powdered milk. Other activities include manufacture and sale of beverages, food and related raw materials, health foods, dairy machinery and food machinery, provision of accommodation, restaurant and information consultation services and leasing and managing real estate.

This company has 45 years' history in producing dairy products with over 5,000 staff and went public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in May 1997.

Re: Sanyuan Foods To Sponsor China Open Snooker

Postby Lucky

excellent_rocketron wrote:i expect better from barry hearn. we need poker, betting and lager/beer sponsers not canned food

Its in China though.....be like Heinz here I'd imagine......big name.

Postby Iranu

excellent_rocketron wrote:i expect better from barry hearn. we need poker, betting and lager/beer sponsers not canned food

Still, it's a great start, it's another place from which money is being pumped into the sport, that can only be a good thing, big name or not.

Postby Roland

It makes perfect sense to me. The Chinese worship food so I'm not surprised at this sponsor and all credit to them for getting it. I imagine Sanyuan Foods to be a pretty household name over there with plenty of money to sponsor their biggest snooker event.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:It makes perfect sense to me. The Chinese worship food so I'm not surprised at this sponsor and all credit to them for getting it. I imagine Sanyuan Foods to be a pretty household name over there with plenty of money to sponsor their biggest snooker event.

It always reminds me of tgntg's 666 article, something like 'Ding sponsor poisons babies' <laugh>

Postby Wildey

so we need to encourage people to become Gamblers and Alcaholics but eating can food is a no no.

Theres a lot of snobery regarding Sponsors its only a name all the sports wants from sponsors is ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ who cares if we have Durex World Championship,Tampon Masters or Portaloo UK Championship.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

so we need to encourage people to become Gamblers and Alcaholics but eating can food is a no no.

Theres a lot of snobery regarding Sponsors its only a name all the sports wants from sponsors is ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ who cares if we have Durex World Championship,Tampon Masters or Portaloo UK Championship.

Durex World Championship is a completely different sport mate.

Postby Lucky

And it certainly wont make any difference to us.....

That bastard could say Pukka pies, Pedigree Chum or Disney for all we know around the table <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

because if i was a player i would be ashamed of being the 2010 tampon masters champion but 2010 partypoker/carlsberg/ladbrokes champion would feel class

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

What's your ranking Bourne? ;)

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

I'm not gona say, i'll get ribbed.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

I'm not gona say, i'll get ribbed.

Very good. :clap:

Postby Wildey

R_R

so would i ;) but point is thats not going to happen but the principle is the same sponsors is only in the name.

For Years Snooker has been sponsored by a cancer making white roll of paper and nobody minding.

Then a can product its embarrassing.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:R_R

so would i ;) but point is thats not going to happen but the principle is the same sponsors is only in the name.

For Years Snooker has been sponsored by a cancer making white roll of paper and nobody minding.

Then a can product its embarrassing.

thanks wild <ok> i just see all other sports have big sponsers and all the players seem happy, then snooker who needs to become a sport again getts things like pukka pies and sanyuan foods. doesn't seem right

Postby Wildey

mate be patient to even get sponsors to put money in at this short notice is good.

4th sponsor the sport didn't have when Robbo won the Grand prix in october.

Pukka Pies
Pokerstars.com
Totesport.com
and
Sanyuan Foods

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:mate be patient to even get sponsors to put money in at this short notice is good.

4th sponsor the sport didn't have when Robbo won the Grand prix in october.

Pukka Pies
Pokerstars.com
Totesport.com
and
Sanyuan Foods

true mate true :excited:

Postby NedB-H

Sonny wrote:It makes perfect sense to me. The Chinese worship food so I'm not surprised at this sponsor and all credit to them for getting it. I imagine Sanyuan Foods to be a pretty household name over there with plenty of money to sponsor their biggest snooker event.

You're thinking of Americans :rednecksanta:

Postby NedB-H

rocket_ron wrote:thanks wild <ok> i just see all other sports have big sponsers and all the players seem happy, then snooker who needs to become a sport again getts things like pukka pies and sanyuan foods. doesn't seem right

Milk Cup?

Postby Rocket_ron

NedB-H wrote:

You're thinking of Americans :rednecksanta:

rofl rofl NedB-H your great <ok>