Post a reply

Can Martin Gould win a title?

Postby SnookerFan

And by title, I'm not talking about a PTC or whatever. I mean a full ranking event. (Or The Masters should he become consistent enough to be in the top-16.)

Personally, I think he has it in him. He has the skills. It's just a question of whether he can stay composed for long enough.

Re: Can Martin Gould win a title?

Postby Alex0paul

Not a chance. Has one way of playing and there is no way he could keep it up over a whole week.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Imagine facebook would go into meltdown if he won a ranker........................he has something like 100,000 people following. :ahh:

Really? Top bloke. It's time to play the game. :D

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Imagine facebook would go into meltdown if he won a ranker........................he has something like 100,000 people following. :ahh:

Really? Top bloke. It's time to play the game. :D

I was told you are 1 of the 100,000 followers. :|

Confirm or deny. :chin:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

He still has to improve. I think this best chance was at the last years WC - he would have won against Davis and from there on everything could have happened.

His main goal should be getting in the top 16.

Postby GJ

quality player

Postby Wildey

ive been championing Gould for 2 years now and i think he has the talent to win tournaments and he has sustained that WC Form for a few tournaments at the start of this season he was a quarter finalist in the World Open losing to a grinding Peter Ebdon 3-1,pushed Mark Selby all the way in the shanghai Masters losing 5-4 in the last 16 and Graeme Dott beat him 9-5 in the UK Championship.

he isnt losing to players lower than him its top players that's beating him.

i agree with Alex he has to curtail some of his attacking tendencies or he wont be able to get past the Best Players on a regular basis over a Tournament but talent wise he has it but i question will he be able to make the transition from a flash potter in to a top player.

Postby GJ

And he in that match with robbo i can honestly say he only missed 1 easy pot in that final session

it was no bottle job , some people will just look at the score and say choke but martin never bottled anything

he will win a few ranking events and no one will want to draw him at the crucible this year

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Losing against Ebbo was a gutting result............................... :-(

he was holding his ground well with ebdon despite ebdon putting the brakes on.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:And he in that match with robbo i can honestly say he only missed 1 easy pot in that final session

it was no bottle job , some people will just look at the score and say choke but martin never bottled anything

he will win a few ranking events and no one will want to draw him at the crucible this year

not sure :|

He is good enough defo, but all players need to get off the mark with a first win. I think he is amongst a number of potential winners but they all need to find the formula. That first win is crucial. <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJ

yes i don't think he bottled it because he never really got much chance then to be in a winning position but he definitely went walk about and was not the same player..

some think Davis beating Higgins put Pressure on him knowing god i could get to the semi here and he went ahead of himself and pay'd the price.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:Losing against Ebbo was a gutting result............................... :-(

he was holding his ground well with ebdon despite ebdon putting the brakes on.

My heckling and "Cmon Pete" shout outs affected him <ok>

Postby Bourne

If he doesn't believe, then he'll never win. That's the only important factor here, he has to feel he's good enough and thus apply himself correctly.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:If he doesn't believe, then he'll never win. That's the only important factor here, he has to feel he's good enough and thus apply himself correctly.

Very good point Wild. I'm hoping he has that belief, as he's improved a lot over the past couple of years. I think the win of Hendry at the Welsh Open gave him a lot of confidence as he was a realtive unknown at the time.

I want to see him get to a final, or the latter stages, to see how he'd handle it.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:If he doesn't believe, then he'll never win. That's the only important factor here, he has to feel he's good enough and thus apply himself correctly.

Very good point Wild. I'm hoping he has that belief, as he's improved a lot over the past couple of years. I think the win of Hendry at the Welsh Open gave him a lot of confidence as he was a realtive unknown at the time.

I want to see him get to a final, or the latter stages, to see how he'd handle it.

bourne will Love You rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I am now officially a friend of Rob "The Talker" Walker on Facebook too.

tell him to stop this interviewing rubbish before matches <ok>