Topic locked

The Legends Of Snooker tour add new dates

Postby Roland

Press release – 2011 Tour Dates
Snooker Legends are excited to announce 27 new tour dates for 2011.
Thousands of snooker fans enjoyed last year’s tour, and the legends proved they can still play a bit delivering 20 centuries at our 18 events, including Jimmy’s magical 147 in Redhill.
We’re back at the Crucible, one week before the championships, but we’re also delighted to be taking snooker back to Goffs in Ireland. We know this is a venue close to the player’s hearts and many of our Legends believe created the best atmosphere for snooker anywhere in the world.
We’ve also honoured our pledge to come to Scotland and Northern Ireland, if you’ve ever wanted the chance to not only see these legends play, but mix and mingle and say hello, and get that all important photograph or signature, then Snooker Legends gives you that, plus a few laughs along the way.
The main core of players have all been signed up again. Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, John Parrott, Cliff Thorburn, John Virgo and of course Michaela Tabb .
However we will be announcing some special surprise guests along the way, and we are delighted to announce the first of these... Canadian legend Kirk Stevens
Kirk will be our guest player at three events:-
The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield on Saturday April 9th.
The Waterfront , Belfast on Friday 27th May.
Goffs, Co Kildare on Sunday 29th May.
Kirk has not played in the UK in many years but remains one of the fans favourites from the golden era of the 1980s. Few will forget his semi-final with Jimmy White at the Crucible or his 147 at the Benson and Hedges Masters. Kirk continues to play snooker in Canada, has recovered from alcohol and substance abuse, and we are proud to welcome him to our squad of Legends.

The Full 2011 tour dates are
Saturday 9th April The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield. Tel 0114 249 6000 (on sale 27th Nov)

Saturday 7th May The Harlequin Theatre, Redhill. Tel 01737 276500
Sunday 8th May The Charter Hall, Colchester. Tel 01206 282020
Friday 13th May King Georges Hall, Blackburn. Tel 0844 8471664
Saturday 14th May Victoria Hall, Stoke Tel 0844 871 7656
Monday 16th May Waterside Theatre, Aylesbury. Tel 0844 871 7607
Tuesday 17th May Hutton Leisure Centre, Weston Super Mare. Tel 01934 425900
Friday 20th May Broxbourne Civic Hall, Hoddesdon Tel 01992 441946
Saturday 21st May The Newport Centre, Newport. Tel 01633 656 757
Monday 23rd May The Assembly Rooms Derby, Tel 01332 255800
Tuesday 24th May Broadway Theatre, Lewisham Tel 020 8690 0002
Friday 27th May The Waterfront, Belfast. NI. Tel 028 9033 4455
Sunday 29th May Goffs, Co,Kildare Tel 0818719300

Thursday 2nd June 2011 The Dome, Doncaster Tel 01302 370777
Tuesday 7th June South West Snooker Academy , Gloucs. Tel 01452 223214
Wednesday 8th June The Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth. Tel 0845 1461460
Saturday 11th June The Albert Halls, Bolton Tel 01204 334400
Sunday 12th June Venue Cymru, Llandudno Tel 01492 872000
Monday 20th June The Brighton Centre, Brighton Tel 0844 8471515 VIP TICKETS 01273 292 695
Tuesday 21st June The Hexagon Theatre, Reading Tel 0118 960 6060
Wednesday 22nd June Fairfield Halls, Croydon Tel 020 8688 9291

Monday 4th July Penrith Leisure Centre, Penrith Tel 01768 863450
Tuesday 5th July Kelvin Hall Glasgow. Tel 0844 481 8898
Wednesday 6th July Eden Court Theatre, Inverness. Tel 01463 234234
Thursday 7th July A.E.C.C, Aberdeen Tel 08444 77 9000
Tuesday 12th July The Metrodome, Barnsley Tel 01226 730060
Wednesday 13th July The Auditorium, Grimsby. Tel 0844 847 2426
Our Vip experience guarantees every snooker fan a prime seat plus entry to the pre-event champagne reception where you receive a complimentary souvenier brochure and can meet all the legends, get your photographs, autographs and say hello. The VIP package represents a perfect Xmas present for any snooker fan.
Tickets for our tour will go on sale during November, please contact the theatres for details.
Finally I can confirm that we will be paying tribute at our legends events to our former team member Alex ‘Hurricane’ Higgins who sadly passed away earlier this year. Snooker Legends was created as a platform for players such like Alex to play again in front of his adoring fans, at some of the great snooker venues. We are so glad that he got the chance to go back to the Crucible one final time for what was sadly to be his final snooker match.
Any company wishing to discuss corporate hospitality or sponsorship should email
info@snookerlegends.co.uk
...and don’t forget your first chance to see the Legends in 2011 will be on Saturday 5th Feb in Guernsey at the Beau Sejour Leisure Centre.

The Legends Of Snooker tour add new dates

Postby SnookerFan

From the Legends of Snooker website;

Saturday 5th Feb 2011
Beau Sejour Leisure Centre, Guernsey
Tel 01481 254530
www.thingstodoguernsey.com

Saturday 9th April 2011
The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield
Tel 0114 249 6000
www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk

Saturday 7th May 2011
The Harlequin Theatre, Redhill
Tel 01737 276500
www.harlequintheatre.co.uk

Sunday 8th May 2011
The Charter Hall, Colchester
Tel 01206 282020
www.charter-hall.co.uk

Friday 13th May 2011
King Georges Hall, Blackburn
Tel 0844 8471664
www.kinggeorgeshall.com

Saturday 14th May 2011
Victoria Hall, Stoke
Tel 0844 871 7656
www.ambassadortickets.com/Victoria-Hall

Monday 16th May 2011
Waterside Theatre, Aylesbury
Tel 0844 871 7607
www.ambassadortickets.com/Aylesbury-Waterside-Theatre

Tuesday 17th May 2011
Hutton Leisure Centre, Weston Super Mare
Tel 01934 425900
www.leisurecentre.com/Hutton-Moor-Leisure-Centre

Friday 20th May 2011
Broxbourne Civic Hall, Hoddesdon
Tel 01992 441946
www.broxbourne.gov.uk/whatson

Saturday 21st May 2011
The Newport Centre, Newport
Tel 01633 656 757
www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Newport-Centre

Monday 23rd May 2011
The Assembly Rooms Derby
Tel 01332 255800
www.derbylive.co.uk

Tuesday 24th May 2011
Broadway Theatre, Lewisham
Tel 020 8690 0002
www.broadwaytheatre.com

Friday 27th May2011
The Waterfront, Belfast. NI.
Tel 028 9033 4455
www.waterfront.co.uk

Sunday 29th May 2011
Goffs, Co,Kildare
Tel 0818 719300
www.ticketmaster.ie

Thursday 2nd June 2011
The Dome, Doncaster
Tel 01302 370777
www.the-dome.co.uk/events

Tuesday 7th June 2011
South West Snooker Academy , Gloucs
Tel 01452 223214
www.southwestsnookeracademy.com

Wednesday 8th June 2011
The Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth
Tel 0845 1461460
www.plymouthpavilions.com

Saturday 11th June 2011
The Albert Halls, Bolton
Tel 01204 334400
www.alberthalls-bolton.co.uk

Sunday 12th June 2011
Venue Cymru, Llandudno
Tel 01492 872000
www.venuecymru.co.uk

Monday 20th June 2011
The Brighton Centre, Brighton
Tel 0844 8471515 - VIP TICKETS 01273 292 695
www.brightoncentre.co.uk

Tuesday 21st June 2011
The Hexagon Theatre, Reading
Tel 0118 960 6060
www.readingarts.com/thehexagon

Wednesday 22nd June 2011
Fairfield Halls, Croydon
Tel 020 8688 9291
www.fairfield.co.uk

Monday 4th July 2011
Penrith Leisure Centre, Penrith
Tel 01768 863450
www.leisurecentre.com/Penrith-Leisure-Centre

Tuesday 5th July 2011
Kelvin Hall Glasgow
Tel 0141 276 1450
www.secc.co.uk

Wednesday 6th July 2011
Eden Court Theatre, Inverness
Tel 01463 234234
www.eden-court.co.uk

Thursday 7th July 2011
A.E.C.C, Aberdeen
Tel 08444 77 9000
www.aecc.co.uk

Tuesday 12th July 2011
The Metrodome, Barnsley
Tel 01226 730060
www.themetrodome.co.uk

Wednesday 13th July 2011
The Auditorium, Grimsby
Tel 0844 847 2426
www.grimsbyauditorium.org.uk

I am totally stoked for this. I was on hand for the Redhill event last year, when Jimmy made his 147. Redhill is a short ride on the bus or train away from me... Also they are coming to Croydon. If everything goes through alright with me buying my flat, I will only be ten minutes walk from the venue. Anybody who is near to one of these and didn't go last year, I recommend you go. It was a fantastic evening of entertainment. :excited:

Re: The Legends Of Snooker tour add new dates

Postby Roland

A bit of name dropping never hurt anyone :redneck:

Sorry Snookerfan I've stolen your thunder by making it look like I started the topic.

Postby Roland

Like who? They're all dead aren't they? John Smythe, John Street. I saw Len Ganley at the Crucible, get him to do some!

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Like who? They're all dead aren't they? John Smythe, John Street. I saw Len Ganley at the Crucible, get him to do some!

i kinda guessed i might get that response rofl Yeh i saw Ganley too in Sheffield, was undecided how i felt about his appearance to be honest :chin: but yeh hes def a more viable option than some of the others you mention :john:

Chamberlain perhaps?

Or why not add to the fun factor of the events by getting Virgo to ref the events but have his mic with him to add some running commentary to the frames as well as some humourous interpretations of the rules.

Postby Wildey

John Williams and Len Ganley are the only ones alive i think

wouldn't hurt to get them to do some of the referring at convenient venues for them.

Postby Steve K

I would like to see Tony Drago at these events. I spoke to him recently at Gloucester and he has a brilliant, bubbly personality and would be great entertainment for the crowd, aswell as because he plays fast snooker.

The Greatest Billiard Exhibition In Asia--GBE2011

Postby vindychan

:idea2: 5th China Guangzhou International Billiards Exhibition - GBE2011 :
Date: March 3 to March 5, 2011
Venue: China Import and Export Fair, Pazhou Complex

Guangzhou Grandeur Exhibition Service Co.ltd is organising the 5th China International Billiards Exhibition(GBE2011), which will be held in the largest exhibition hall in the world-China Import and Export Fair Pazhou Complex during March 3- March 5, 2011.

GBE, as the best platform for the global billiards suppliers to promote products, boost brand value as well as bring unlimited business opportunity and for the buyer to find the best suppliers, is well known on the world.

At GBE2010, we have 438 booths in all, which is double as much as GBE2009. Our exhibitors not only include the top three billiards suppliers in China, such as Xinpai, Yalin, Shender, but also include many other international brands, such as Brunswick, Millik, Master cue, Mezz Cue, Kamui, Palko. In fact, the exhibitors were very excited for the good effect of GBE2010 and most of them expressed they will participate in GBE2011, even will enlarge their booths.

Exhibition Scope: Billiards Products:Billiards Tables, Cues, Billiards Slate, Billiards Cloth, Balls, Cue Cases, Chalk, Gloves, Billiards Lights, Billiards prokets, Cue Tips, Scoreboard, Tripod, Accessories, ect.
Others: Darts, Darts Board, Shuffleboard, Games and Amusement products,ect

Do you plan to participate in the fair?If you come as an exhibitor, the exhibition will send you the latest floor plan for your reference. If you come as a visitor, and tell them how many people will come and then they can prepare visiting cards for you accordingly for free.

Please kindly visit website: http://www.gbechina.com for any further information about GBE2011. And any queries, please feel free to contact them at any time. Thanks.

Contact information:
Guangzhou Grandeur Exhibition Service Co.ltd
Add: Room 202, Meijing Garden, No.318 Chebei Road .Tianhe District Guangzhou China
Attan: vindy chan
Phone: 862028314758/28316878
Fax: 862082579220
Mobile: +86-13560476336
Email: sales4@grandeurhk.com

Postby Roland

Press release –“Ronnie O’Sullivan signs up with Snooker Legends!”

Snooker Legends and proud to announce that 3 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has signed up to co-promote a series of special events with them in 2011. The first of these nights will see Ronnie play against his great friend, and new World Seniors Champion, Jimmy White in the first of his new ventures under the banner of ROS147.

Ronnie added "The guys at Snooker Legends produced some top class events last year and have taken snooker back to some of the great venues. As I look to the future I hope that Snooker Legends and ROS147 will be able to do a lot more events. Jimmy is one of my hero's so this gives me a great chance to meet the fans but also spend time with him and hopefully put on a good show "

The first of these events will take place on Tuesday 1st February at the King Georges Hall in Blackburn. VIP packages are available which guarantees the holder a prime seat at the event but also entrance to the pre-event Champagne reception where they can meet Ronnie, Jimmy and John Virgo, who will compere the evening. Tickets go on sale Friday 12th November, box office 0844 847 1664, or book online at www.kinggeorgeshall.com

Any company wishing to discuss corporate hospitality or sponsorship should email

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Press release –“Ronnie O’Sullivan signs up with Snooker Legends!”

Snooker Legends and proud to announce that 3 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has signed up to co-promote a series of special events with them in 2011. The first of these nights will see Ronnie play against his great friend, and new World Seniors Champion, Jimmy White in the first of his new ventures under the banner of ROS147.

Ronnie added "The guys at Snooker Legends produced some top class events last year and have taken snooker back to some of the great venues. As I look to the future I hope that Snooker Legends and ROS147 will be able to do a lot more events. Jimmy is one of my hero's so this gives me a great chance to meet the fans but also spend time with him and hopefully put on a good show "

The first of these events will take place on Tuesday 1st February at the King Georges Hall in Blackburn. VIP packages are available which guarantees the holder a prime seat at the event but also entrance to the pre-event Champagne reception where they can meet Ronnie, Jimmy and John Virgo, who will compere the evening. Tickets go on sale Friday 12th November, box office 0844 847 1664, or book online at http://www.kinggeorgeshall.com

For me Ronnie shouldn't be in these events. They were absolutely magical without him, and it seems a bit unfair to be having one of the best players in the world playing the likes of Dennis Taylor. I want to see a night of banter and memories, not one of the best players ever laying a hurting on some old fossils.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Press release –“Ronnie O’Sullivan signs up with Snooker Legends!”

The first of these events will take place on Tuesday 1st February at the King Georges Hall in Blackburn. VIP packages are available which guarantees the holder a prime seat at the event but also entrance to the pre-event Champagne reception where they can meet Ronnie, Jimmy and John Virgo, who will compere the evening. Tickets go on sale Friday 12th November, box office 0844 847 1664, or book online at http://www.kinggeorgeshall.com

For me Ronnie shouldn't be in these events. They were absolutely magical without him, and it seems a bit unfair to be having one of the best players in the world playing the likes of Dennis Taylor. I want to see a night of banter and memories, not one of the best players ever laying a hurting on some old fossils.

He will not play any of them. It's just a special series with Jimmy. The two are good friends and love to play each other.

Postby Monique

randam05 wrote:Good for ronnie..if he turns up. It amazes me he travels to premier league.

Just shows your ignorance once again. Ronnie has done about 10 exhibitions in Germany (Berlin 3x, Munich, Hamm 2x, Hambourg), Austria (Wells 2x) and Hungary the two previous seasons. That's just a bit farer than Blackburn...

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:He will not play any of them. It's just a special series with Jimmy. The two are good friends and love to play each other.

I have realised that in the two years it took you to point that out. <laugh>

Fair enough point. Just a personal preference, I'd rather see what I saw last year. People of the likes of Dennis Taylor and and Cliff Thorburn playing, giving it banter about years gone by. I suppose nothing wrong with a bit of ROS vs White action, but I'd prefer it to be a bit more nostalgia based.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:He will not play any of them. It's just a special series with Jimmy. The two are good friends and love to play each other.

Fair enough point. Just a personal preference, I'd rather see what I saw last year. People of the likes of Dennis Taylor and and Cliff Thorburn playing, giving it banter about years gone by. I suppose nothing wrong with a bit of ROS vs White action, but I'd prefer it to be a bit more nostalgia based.

Well you can see both. There are 3 of these ROS+Jimmy and about 15 others with the "Legends" of the past.

Postby Wildey

the question is will Ronnie be in Germany ready to play the afternoon of Thursday 3rd of February after the legends tour match with Jimmy on the 1st of February.

now with fine proceedings for not having a good enough reason and playing a exhibition is not a good enough reason do you think he will be there ?

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well you can see both. There are 3 of these ROS+Jimmy and about 15 others with the "Legends" of the past.

Yeah, I saw two had been added. The one local to me, Croydon, I think is the old fossil one, right?

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:the question is will Ronnie be in Germany ready to play the afternoon of Thursday 3rd of February after the legends tour match with Jimmy on the 1st of February.

now with fine proceedings for not having a good enough reason and playing a exhibition is not a good enough reason do you think he will be there ?

I don't imagine it should be too difficult. It can't take too long to fly to Germany, can it? Providing there isn't 2 inches of snow on the ground or anything.

You do wonder whether it will affect his performance though.... I am psyched for a bit of Ronnie vs Dale action. I like Dominic Dale.