Topic locked

Re: Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Let's just get it out of the way now GJ

Robbo will win the Worlds this year and shut up all you doubters <cool> COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<cool>

Postby Wildey

the tubberlad

higgins wont crack like Ronnie did thats for sure but i am hoping against hope for the sports sake either Robbo,Selby or Ding wins. obviously selby wont he loses in the second round but the other two at least.

Postby Bourne

thetubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:Let's just get it out of the way now GJ

Robbo will win the Worlds this year and shut up all you doubters <cool> COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's about the one man who I think IS capable of it, O'Sullivan too if he's in the zone. Wouldn't count out Selby or Ding either.

But Higgins is DEFINITELY the man to beat.

Allen ?

Postby Tubberlad

Yes Wild, I think it would be great for the sport if one of Ding and Robertson won it, and I will join you in backing them. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Allen not ready for it yet but neither was Murphy in 2005.

Postby Alex0paul

I remember all this same talk about Higgins before the 2006 title and look what happened. Until the draw is made or even once round 1 is played then I think its the time to really see what will happen.

Postby GJ

potentially allen could have a nice draw to the semi's depending on who he gets in round 1

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:I remember all this same talk about Higgins before the 2006 title and look what happened. Until the draw is made or even once round 1 is played then I think its the time to really see what will happen.

so Dott in 2010 lol

Postby GJ

fu has a good record against robbo so that could be a tricky match for robbo

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:potentially allen could have a nice draw to the semi's depending on who he gets in round 1

I asked you his draw on the other thread :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I remember all this same talk about Higgins before the 2006 title and look what happened. Until the draw is made or even once round 1 is played then I think its the time to really see what will happen.

so Dott in 2010 lol

No I am on about Higgins playing brilliantly throughout the 2005/06 season winning twice and reaching two finals yet he lost in round 1 10-4.

Postby Tubberlad

Fu won't make it past round one, the man can't buy a win these days.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:potentially allen could have a nice draw to the semi's depending on who he gets in round 1

is GJ Getting confused lol

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

qualifier
day
ebdon or maguire

up to the semi's

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

so Dott in 2010 lol

No I am on about Higgins playing brilliantly throughout the 2005/06 season winning twice and reaching two finals yet he lost in round 1 10-4.

same with Selby in 2008.

semi finals ,masters title welsh open title oneball getting orgasmic and king did him round 1.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

qualifier
day
ebdon or maguire

up to the semi's

Cabbages, that's a beauty of a draw :huh:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

qualifier
day
ebdon or maguire

up to the semi's

Show's you how jammy some players are with the draw

Postby Casey

True. the likes of Higgins, Ronnie Selby are more venerable in the firs round. There are some excellent players knocking about the qualifiers so nothing can be taken for granted yet.

As for Allen, I am glad he has avoided Ronnie, Higgins and Selby. After drawing Ronnie in round 2 last year he deserves a better path this year.

Postby Casey

I should also add that there were 21 centuries in this years tournament compared to last years 34. I am loving the way the tables are playing this season <cool>

Postby Roland

Wonder what Seifer makes of it...

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:I should also add that there were 21 centuries in this years tournament compared to last years 34. I am loving the way the tables are playing this season <cool>

i expect the break down nutter will complain that the stats have been manipulated in some way <laugh>

Postby Casey

I don't know but he reckons Higgins would have no chance in longer frames against Ronnie - even though Ronnie has not beat John in anything higher than a best of 11 since 2005. Since that Higgins has beaten Ronnie in best of 11, 17, 19 + 25.

With regards to the tables, its clear to everybody that they are more difficult. The shots along the cushions are extremely difficult again meaning players are trying more often to move them off rather than play for them.

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:I don't know but he reckons Higgins would have no chance in longer frames against Ronnie - even though Ronnie has not beat John in anything higher than a best of 11 since 2005. Since that Higgins has beaten Ronnie in best of 11, 17, 19 + 25.

With regards to the tables, its clear to everybody that they are more difficult. The shots along the cushions are extremely difficult again meaning players are trying more often to move them off rather than play for them.

spot on even hendry was abit embarassed when that black went in last year for the 147 he knew the pockets were playing like buckets

this season's pockets are tighter and far better for the game <cool>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:spot on even hendry was abit embarassed when that black went in last year for the 147 he knew the pockets were playing like buckets

this season's pockets are tighter and far better for the game <cool>

BUT what a lovely celebration Hendo gave us, when the black dropped. :wave:

Postby Sickpotter

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:I should also add that there were 21 centuries in this years tournament compared to last years 34. I am loving the way the tables are playing this season <cool>

i expect the break down nutter will complain that the stats have been manipulated in some way <laugh>

Where is good 'ol Seif anyway? Let me guess....shut his site down the moment ROS lost and hasn't been seen since <laugh>

Postby Wildey

14 less centuries this years welsh with Ronnie only making 1 century and reaching the semi final.....has that ever happened before ?