Post a reply

KING: I WAS WRONG TO VOTE AGAINST HEARN

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... hearn.html

Mark King has admitted he was wrong to vote against Barry Hearn's proposals to transform snooker at the EGM last year.

King was a staunch supporter of a rival bid by John Davison.

But after beating Mark Selby in the Ladbrokes Mobile Masters, King told worldsnooker.com that his fears had proved unfounded.

"When all the Barry Hearn thing came about, I hold my hands up, I wasn't a fan of the idea," he said.

"I was for the other side and I didn't vote for Barry. To be honest, it's been fantastic. I hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

"We've been playing near enough every weekend before Christmas. You don't feel like you're having time off and it's good - thanks to Barry."

Like most players, King embraced the Players Tour Championship and played in as many events as he could. After all, this is what being a snooker professional should entail: playing.

Nobody would pretend the PTC series is yet perfect but with more tournaments on the way next season there is a genuine uplift for the sport and the players will be the ones who reap the benefits, or at least have the chance to do so.

King didn't have to so publicly backtrack so credit to him for doing so.

Mark King deserves respect its easy to stick by your guns but it takes a real man to admit when he has changed his mind and wrong.

Re: KING: I WAS WRONG TO VOTE AGAINST HEARN

Postby randam05

This year has seen me change my view on King an awful lot. I never liked him before, but after beating selby he has proven how well he can play and in his interviews he comes across really nice and a family man and is an average bloke who doesnt try and snob up cause hes a snooker player. Great to see him win if im honest, even though selby is my fav player.

Postby gallantrabbit

GJ wrote:He is still a baldy slap head IMO

Is that the sum effort of your argument GJ? <doh>

I was surprised Mark was anti Hearn. King has never been one of the biggest earners and I'm sure is grateful for the playing opportunities. Credit to the man for holding up his hands and I hope he has a decent run this week!

Postby Witz78

shame on you 931.

no matter what your feelings you shoul not be doing that while he is playing a match.

id not class you as a real fan, if you felt able to do that to someone during a match.

its a gentlemans game. almost all the players are gentlemen....except one particularly rude "pro"

----------------------------------------------------------

LOOKS LIKE IVE NOISED THEM UP ON THE SNOOKER SCENE BLOG WITH MY ADMISSION

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:This year has seen me change my view on King an awful lot. I never liked him before, but after beating selby he has proven how well he can play and in his interviews he comes across really nice and a family man and is an average bloke who doesnt try and snob up cause hes a snooker player. Great to see him win if im honest, even though selby is my fav player.

*Bandwagon-Alert!*

Postby Witz78

Yeh that fairly got swept under the carpet ahem ahem.
I was one of the few championing for Hearn years ago on 606 b4 he even thought about coming back to snooker, let alone did.

Postby Wildey

ill tell you what bozo spend more time looking you will find a statement from me and sonny saying sorry somewhere.

its not been swept under any bastard carpet

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Yeh that fairly got swept under the carpet ahem ahem.
I was one of the few championing for Hearn years ago on 606 b4 he even thought about coming back to snooker, let alone did.

yes i remember, that was the main cause of your fallout with wild because you was and always have been pro hearn...

but witz respect mate and credit due you stuck at it and helped mould this forum ibto a pro hearn forum <ok>

Postby Roland

Sirius B wrote:not to cause any trouble, but there were a few members on here namely wild and sonny that was against hearn at the start. are you going to apologize?

No prizes for guessing who's been whispering in your ear. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else. I think I made myself perfectly clear when it came to the anti-Hearn EGM last year.

Postby Roland

Sirius B wrote:

yes i remember, that was the main cause of your fallout with wild because you was and always have been pro hearn...

but witz respect mate and credit due you stuck at it and helped mould this forum ibto a pro hearn forum <ok>

<doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
Sirius B wrote:not to cause any trouble, but there were a few members on here namely wild and sonny that was against hearn at the start. are you going to apologize?

No prizes for guessing who's been whispering in your ear. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else. I think I made myself perfectly clear when it came to the anti-Hearn EGM last year.

no wispering in any ears, i was looking through the archives of this place and 606 and noticed that alot people (including myself) have changed there minds on a lot of important topics! Even pros do it like king has above, however he has issued a statement holding his hands up
wilds first comment in this thread was
it takes a real man to admit when he has changed his mind and wrong.
i just thought that was rich.

So sonny and anyone else, im not asking for you to justifiy yourselves!!!! I make that clear

on a side note witz doesn't get much respect on this forum...and he should has he has been to his word all the time

Postby Wildey

ive said ive changed my mind if your mind cant register that tough rubbish just don't go muck spreading bullocks on this forum <ok>

spend your time to look through threads and you will find it on here on TSF proberbly not on 606 i couldn't give a rubbish what any of them think anyway <ok>
Last edited by Wildey on 12 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

i changed my mind as well i doubted barry at the start as well

although their email response time isnt impressive IMO

Postby Wildey

Strong Men Change their mind unlike seifer who sticks to his beliefs come hell or high water and makes himself look like a right tit <ok>

Postby Roland

Sirius B wrote:
Sonny wrote:

no wispering in any ears, i was looking through the archives of this place and 606 and noticed that alot people (including myself) have changed there minds on a lot of important topics! Even pros do it like king has above, however he has issued a statement holding his hands up
wilds first comment in this thread was
it takes a real man to admit when he has changed his mind and wrong.
i just thought that was rich.

So sonny and anyone else, im not asking for you to justifiy yourselves!!!! I make that clear

on a side note witz doesn't get much respect on this forum...and he should has he has been to his word all the time

You're out of your depth. If you think I've got anything to apologise for regarding comments aimed at Hearn then you haven't got the first clue what I'm about and you also have a very short memory.

Postby Tubberlad

Sirius B wrote:

That's got ridiculous comment on the year wrapped up already, and we're not even half way through January...

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:
on a side note witz doesn't get much respect on this forum

and that's another :santa:

Jesus... <doh>

Witz is a very fine poster who isn't afraid to give his opinion no matter how unpopular... very much valued here though I disagree with a lot of what he says

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Wow - this thread turned into a funny read, crazy stuff !! <laugh> :wave:

your telling me its like the twilight zone on crack <ok>

Postby Wildey

great interview with Barry Hearn on World Snooker.com

he is so inspiring the way he talks about the game and the future ahead and so respectful to the history of the World Championship.

Barry Hearn will create new ideas some ill agree with others i wont but i think the World Championship in it current format is here to stay.