Topic locked

Best / Worst first round match up for each top 16 seed ?

Postby GJ

Which potential qualifier do you think each top 16 seed would prefer to face and which potential qualifier would they least like to face.

I will do 2 of the seeds

Hendry

Prefer - Dire Harold
Avoid - Stevens

Robbo

Prefer - Cope
Avoid - Dott

Re: Best / Worst first round match up for each top 16 seed ?

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Bourne wrote:Realistically, everyone hopes to avoid Judd Trump <cool>

That be a good draw since Trump is so inexperienced at the WC

I'd say Stevens is the one everyone wants to avoid due to the fact he is experienced at the cruicible , not that he's got a chance of winning the tournament

Postby Smart

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Bourne wrote:Realistically, everyone hopes to avoid Judd Trump <cool>

That be a good draw since Trump is so inexperienced at the WC

I'd say Stevens is the one everyone wants to avoid due to the fact he is experienced at the cruicible , not that he's got a chance of winning the tournament

I'd fancy my chances against bottler Stevens. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Worse draw for Dott would be Hendry as he has never beaten him. Best draw would probably be Perry, King, or Ebdon. Would love an Ebdon tie as a repeat of the 2006 final.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:I like watching MAK so a MAK vs Dotty match up would be cool.

I actually enjoyed the MAK vs Rory match last year, it was gruelling stuff at times, but there was also some needle which I like in a match. :wave:

bucking hell, I remember that. I was in Sheffield, when that match was being played. Thank buck I didn't get tickets, I got bored watching it on my TV in the hotel.

Postby Smart

I enjoyed the fact that there was some needle in it, and it was gruelling stuff.

Sometimes there is nothing better than watching a really gruelling / slug-fest of a snooker match. I mean when you have got total concentration, loadsa supplies, and you just completely tune into the snooker. Love it. :ahh:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:I like watching MAK so a MAK vs Dotty match up would be cool.

I actually enjoyed the MAK vs Rory match last year, it was gruelling stuff at times, but there was also some needle which I like in a match. :wave:

bucking hell, I remember that. I was in Sheffield, when that match was being played. Thank intercourse I didn't get tickets, I got bored watching it on my TV in the hotel.

I remember that Sunday night too, we'd just came out of the Williams - Hendry game and were half snake hissed then headed back in later on to watch some of the King - McLeod game which had over ran and been held back. Then we ended up in tow with Rorys dad at the bar, what a man :afro: rofl

Things took a turn for the worse at 3am in a kebab shop when my drunken mate went up to the first coloured guy he saw and said "Alright Rory, unlucky tonight mate!"

Turned out this Rory lookalike was one of the biggest psychos in Sheffield and some girl bundeled us into a taxi and told us to get away before the guy stabbed my mate :eek:

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:my drunken mate went up to the first coloured guy he saw and said "Alright Rory, unlucky tonight mate!"

Turned out this Rory lookalike was one of the biggest psychos in Sheffield

rofl rofl rofl rofl
I think if i were black and someone said that to me i'd go mental

Wed hut some dodgy nitespot called The Bedroom after the snooker that night. Think we were the only white people in there, was a bit intimidating to say the least. Was a poisonous atmosphere and trouble brewing all over the place :bang2:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:my drunken mate went up to the first coloured guy he saw and said "Alright Rory, unlucky tonight mate!"

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Wed hut some dodgy nitespot called The Bedroom after the snooker that night. Think we were the only white people in there, was a bit intimidating to say the least. Was a poisonous atmosphere and trouble brewing all over the place :bang2:

think that Ronnie Snr will go there this year - if he is out by then :bang2: <laugh> :bang2: <laugh>

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

think that Ronnie Snr will go there this year - if he is out by then :bang2: <laugh> :bang2: <laugh>

hopefully, would be a pleasure to meet the man.

And i say that as a big admirer of the Krays and a supporter of the campaign to get Reggie released on compassionate grounds when hed terminal cancer.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:And i say that as a big admirer of the Krays and a supporter of the campaign to get Reggie released on compassionate grounds when hed terminal cancer.

:chin:

dont get me started. He was in prison for nothing more than a symbolic gesture as if the Government were trying to prove they were tough on criminals when in effect he was a dying frail old man who couldnt harm a fly.

He got life in 1969 for one murder he was jointly convicted of (was a fellow crook he killed anyway), he was due for parole after 25 years but wasnt allowed out, then after 30 years too but Jack Straw wouldnt let him out, even though all other murderers with a good behaviour record in prison etc get out long before 30 years with a new identity.

Eventually he got out when it was clear hed a few weeks to live.

At least justice was finally done when the train robber Ronnie Biggs got out last year and theres life in the old dog yet

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:And i say that as a big admirer of the Krays and a supporter of the campaign to get Reggie released on compassionate grounds when hed terminal cancer.

:chin:

dont get me started. He was in prison for nothing more than a symbolic gesture as if the Government were trying to prove they were tough on criminals when in effect he was a dying frail old man who couldnt harm a fly.

He got life in 1969 for one murder he was jointly convicted of (was a fellow crook he killed anyway), he was due for parole after 25 years but wasnt allowed out, then after 30 years too but Jack Straw wouldnt let him out, even though all other murderers with a good behaviour record in prison etc get out long before 30 years with a new identity.

Eventually he got out when it was clear hed a few weeks to live.

At least justice was finally done when the train robber Ronnie Biggs got out last year and theres life in the old dog yet

No comment

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:Do you support Peter Sutcliffe's release application?

I hope out of respect for the bereaved family that Ronnie snr does not make any public appearances

no i dont support Sutcliffes release application, hes a monster, a sicko. Id class him as mentally disturbed and a constant danger to society until he dies, hence throw away the keys or even better hang him to save the taxpayers money.

Murderers who randomly kill someone get out after their minimum term usually, so why should someone who kills a fellow minded individual (ie.a rival gangster) be treated worse when their crime can be explained. In effect these criminals keep their arguments amonmg the underworld and if the police left them to it, eventually theyd slowly but surely wip each other out.

Postby Smart

I hope out of respect for the bereaved family that Ronnie snr does not make any public appearances

witz - you are very wrong here mate, to take a persons life is the worst, lowest thing any human can do - so sympathy on health grounds cuts no mustard.

Buy the Krays film, books - but don't preach this rubbish. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:

witz - you are very wrong here mate, to take a persons life is the worst, lowest thing any human can do - so sympathy on health grounds cuts no mustard.

Buy the Krays film, books - but don't preach this rubbish. <ok>

thats why in a way i said no comment.
anyway whats this got to do with best/worst match for the seeds <laugh> unless ronnie is playing reggie <laugh>