Post a reply

Re: Ben mertens

Postby Holden Chinaski

I have high hopes for Ben and Julien. It would be great for snooker if these guys would win some big tournaments.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Is his nickname Big Ben?

It should be.

Postby SnookerFan

I got a Big Ben...

IN MY PANTS!

Postby RunningSide

SnookerFan wrote:

I got a Big Ben...

IN MY PANTS!

Memorable once a year.

Postby TheRocket

The vaccine side effects should be adressed a lot more. Even I know people who suffered and suddenly have to deal with things they didnt have before.

People were always called conspiracy theorists when they mentioned this.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:

I don't think that's true. Side effects are very common with vaccines and they have always been discussed, studied, and reported.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

I got a Big Ben...

IN MY PANTS!

Thank you for your contribution, SF. :roll:

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I don't think that's true. Side effects are very common with vaccines and they have always been discussed, studied, and reported.

Imo it wasnt discussed enough with this particular Covid vaccine. At least not during the time when it really mattered. A lot of countries and governments obviously wanted to vaccinate as many as people as possible in no time. And because of that many European countries even implemented rules where unvaccinated people couldnt enter like restaurants or shops. Critical scientists were ignored too often during that time.

I can speak for Germany in particular but have the feeling that this was the case in many other European Countries as well.

Postby HappyCamper

there are risks inherent to any pharmaceutical, and especially when given to a large population even the rarest of effects can occur. these are rigourously monitored, especially with vaccines. where there were safety signals these are dealt with and studied openly - for example with the thrombotic complications associated with the adv vectored vaccines.

the data strongly favour vaccination against covid-19 as the less risky option.

Postby LC

HappyCamper wrote:there are risks inherent to any pharmaceutical, and especially when given to a large population even the rarest of effects can occur. these are rigourously monitored, especially with vaccines. where there were safety signals these are dealt with and studied openly - for example with the thrombotic complications associated with the adv vectored vaccines.

Even for a 18 year old kid? Who would have been at minimal risk and now could ruin his career

Postby Holden Chinaski

LC wrote:Even for a 18 year old kid? Who would have been at minimal risk and now could ruin his career

Ruin his career? Did you read the article? Ben says it doesn't really affect his game and he thinks it's going away soon.

Postby LC

Holden Chinaski wrote:
LC wrote:Even for a 18 year old kid? Who would have been at minimal risk and now could ruin his career

Ruin his career? Did you read the article? Ben says it doesn't really affect his game and he thinks it's going away soon.

Yeah he thinks it’s going to be ok and should be ok, but no guarantees and he didn’t have to take any procedures I’d be quite snake hissed off

Postby HappyCamper

LC wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:there are risks inherent to any pharmaceutical, and especially when given to a large population even the rarest of effects can occur. these are rigourously monitored, especially with vaccines. where there were safety signals these are dealt with and studied openly - for example with the thrombotic complications associated with the adv vectored vaccines.

Even for a 18 year old kid? Who would have been at minimal risk and now could ruin his career

Yes, though younger people are relatively lower risk it is not zero risk. That "minimal risk" from viral infection is still higher than vaccination. There are potential career impacting risks with infection, such as sunny akani who suffered from long covid and is now off the tour.

And in this case the article suggests the effect is limited and appears to be self resolving with time.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

When I got my vaccines, I was given a list of possible side effects and the likelihood that I eould suffer from them.