Topic locked

The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

January 9-16 , Wembly Arena.

Start of a new year and its Start of a Snooker Tournament.

Mark Selby defending the title he won in dramatic fashion last year.

Who will be the Master in 2011 ?

main challengers to Mark Selby are Neil Robertson,John Higgins,Shaun Murphy,Mark Williams and of course Ronnie O'Sullivan.

but can one of the younger brigade start 2011 with a bang and put their stamp on the next 12 months ie Jamie Cope or Mark Allen only time will tell.

Join in the Discussion on the Forum thats going to go from strength to strength over the next year.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

Sunday 9 January

1.30 pm

Mark Selby v Mark King

7.00 pm

Ali Carter v Peter Ebdon

Monday 10 January

1.30 pm

Mark Williams v Ding Junhui

7.00 pm

John Higgins v Graeme Dott

Tuesday 11 January

1.30 pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen

7.00 pm

Stephen Maguire v Marco Fu

Wednesday 12 January

1.30 pm

Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry

7.00 pm

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote::grrr:

Why on the BBC advert are they calling this 'the most prestigious tournament in the game' ... ffs.

I saw that the other day. rofl

Typical Barry Hearn advertising. Say the tournament is the most amazing thing, then put it on four times before the tournament... Yeah, that should be sufficient.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:

Why on the BBC advert are they calling this 'the most prestigious tournament in the game' ... ffs.

Typical Barry Hearn advertising. Say the tournament is the most amazing thing, then put it on four times before the tournament... Yeah, that should be sufficient.

ha! yes the promotion is poor once again..although they did play it straight after the bbc darts which i think is almost a prime slot to advertise it in.

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

ha! yes the promotion is poor once again..although they did play it straight after the bbc darts which i think is almost a prime slot to advertise it in.

Not really, as the BBC darts are pretty embarassing to watch at times. I'm not criticising the players as many of them go on to do grand in the PDC, but the whole set-up is totally staid...

The Masters the most prestigious? It's an invitational ffs...

Postby SnookerFan

thetubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not really, as the BBC darts are pretty embarassing to watch at times. I'm not criticising the players as many of them go on to do grand in the PDC, but the whole set-up is totally staid...

The Masters the most prestigious? It's an invitational ffs...

Even so, a lot of people that like snooker watch darts as well. I don't, but there are plenty of people on here who love darts. Look at Sonny. You mention watching Phil Taylor to him, he nearly creams himself.

Postby Wildey

its getting back to being exclusive for top players which it should be.

you get in this for being consistently good in other events thats where the Prestige comes From. yes not the most Prestigeus But Definitely Top 3.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:

you get in this for being consistently good in other events thats where the Prestige comes From. yes not the most Prestigeus But Definitely Top 3.

arguably the Premier League is now the most prestigious as it exclusively has the total cream of the crop playing in it.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

arguably the Premier League is now the most prestigious as it exclusively has the total cream of the crop playing in it.

Yeah, alright. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

bullocks

thats way down in prestige jesus christ you scraping the barrell with that

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

bullocks

thats way down in prestige jesus christ you scraping the barrell with that

"Premier" League... doesnt the word Premier tell you something? <doh>

One of the longest running tournaments on the snooker calendar <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Two words: Marco & Fu

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:Other than possibly the Championship League winner, the other 6 in the PL are the best out there and no-one can dispute the quality of the field. The old days of White, Hendry and Davis are over.

It's rubbish :santa: I can't be fussed debating intelligently with that one <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
"Premier" League... doesnt the word Premier tell you something? <doh>

One of the longest running tournaments on the snooker calendar <ok>

It tells me that's what it's called. If I got 6 mates together from the pub, and then decided we all played each other and called it the Elite League, it doesn't mean we are elite. It just means that's what us bunch of drunks would call it.

Matchroom Sport are hardly going to create a tournament and call it the Shitty League of Amateurs are they? <doh>

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Ricky Walden should have got a wild card for being in the Top 16. Better than that they should have left the draw until December and just had the proper Top 16.

and then people who wants tickets like snookerfan ;) would be complaining they dont know whos playing in it.

im all for totally rolling from 1 event to another but on the flip-side there's been a few complaints from ticket buying perspective that tickets are on sale before knowing who is playing as it is.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Ricky Walden should have got a wild card for being in the Top 16. Better than that they should have left the draw until December and just had the proper Top 16.

and then people who wants tickets like snookerfan ;) would be complaining they dont know whos playing in it.

im all for totally rolling from 1 event to another but on the flip-side there's been a few complaints from ticket buying perspective that tickets are on sale before knowing who is playing as it is.

Sod the paying public. :wild2:

For the rolling rankings to be 100% authentic this is one minor "problem" that will exist but its irrelevant as far as im concerned. The fans should be happy that when they go to the tournament the current best top 16 players will be in action and they will see some of them.

Ive a lash of Crucible tickets bought up and its actually going to be exciting once the rankings cut off then draw is made after qualifying to see exactly what matches im at. :excited:

And i agree Walden should be at The Masters, not Fu. By having the Masters cut off after the UK it would have added an edge. But the key point for me is that by dangling this carrot in front of the players, many more around the 16th spot would have taken the last 6 PTC events in the last rankings period far more seriously :no: