Post a reply

Re: Snooker Programme on Eurosport HD Tonight

Postby Roland

Thanks Cheesyman. Now Sky+d. The Four Hills ski-jumping event starts today on Eurosport HD. That's well worth watching too.

Postby randam05

dam! it sounded good,but being eurosport it probably wasnt. The cycling, skiing, or fencing probably over ran the slot. If not then they probably decided to air the 'CRASH!' program, where rally cars crash over and over again.

Postby Monique

randam05 wrote:dam! it sounded good,but being eurosport it probably wasnt. The cycling, skiing, or fencing probably over ran the slot. If not then they probably decided to air the 'CRASH!' program, where rally cars crash over and over again.

No they didn't and it just shows again how much prejudices you have when it's not british i'm afraid. The program was good and I recorded it. It's 90 minutes in Hd so quite big and it's with Dutch comments, not because I particularly like it but because I live in Belgium and that was the only ES HD channel I had access to.
Eurosport does a good job and actually shows more snooker than the Beep does. Dave Hendon and Joe Johnson are certainly not bad at commentating and usually don't wallop into nostalgia memories as SOME of the Beep's commentators do.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:dam! it sounded good,but being eurosport it probably wasnt. The cycling, skiing, or fencing probably over ran the slot. If not then they probably decided to air the 'CRASH!' program, where rally cars crash over and over again.

<laugh>

Yeah sometimes the preview clips for a programme of theirs is better than the actual programme itself <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

No they didn't and it just shows again how much prejudices you have when it's not british i'm afraid. The program was good and I recorded it. It's 90 minutes in Hd so quite big and it's with Dutch comments, not because I particularly like it but because I live in Belgium and that was the only ES HD channel I had access to.
Eurosport does a good job and actually shows more snooker than the Beep does. Dave Hendon and Joe Johnson are certainly not bad at commentating and usually don't wallop into nostalgia memories as SOME of the Beep's commentators do.

You must confess, though, their scheduling is bad. I mean, you wonder why they bother telling you when things are on, as they never stick to them. You can Sky Plus 2-hours of Snooker off of Eurosport, and not get any snooker at all. I've come back from a days work before, only to find tennis was on when snooker was supposed to.

I've tried to watch boxing on there, only to discover the scheduled boxing that's on is never shown. And have known snooker to be on up to two hours after they schedule to show it.

Postby randam05

You can Sky Plus 2-hours of Snooker off of Eurosport, and not get any snooker at all. I've come back from a days work before, only to find tennis was on when snooker was supposed to.

Haha, sounds familiar..

Anyway, anyone get it available to us to watch somehow please?

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

You must confess, though, their scheduling is bad. I mean, you wonder why they bother telling you when things are on, as they never stick to them. You can Sky Plus 2-hours of Snooker off of Eurosport, and not get any snooker at all. I've come back from a days work before, only to find tennis was on when snooker was supposed to.

I've tried to watch boxing on there, only to discover the scheduled boxing that's on is never shown. And have known snooker to be on up to two hours after they schedule to show it.

You say that like it's a bad ting man. :|

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

You say that like it's a bad ting man. :|

It is. Tennis is rubbish.