Poll ended at 03 Feb 2011

Stephen Hendry
44%
Judd Trump
56%

Total votes : 16

European Masters 2010 R1: Hendry vs Trump

Postby Bourne

The undoubted match of R1. It is best of nine, it is the past vs the future, it is for the right to (probably) face Mark Selby in the second round.

WHO WINS ?

Re: European Masters 2010 R1: Hendry vs Trump

Postby Wildey

no contest Hendry all the way.

im in 2 minds to close the thread already its a pointless question <ok> ;)

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I would have thought Judd Trump will be nailed on to win this.

and heres me thinking as a player you knew something about the sport <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: let's face it, he can pick up a cue. <laugh>

unlike Jimmy White i guess <ok>

You're using Jimmy White as an example of somebody who can't beat Hendry. <laugh> Both of those two played terribly in that game. Afterwards, even Hendry admitted it. When it was pointed out he was going to have to face Mark Williams, he scrunched up his face and said; "Oooh, don't say that." I have no doubt that Hendry is the GOAT, and he is way, way past his best. If Jimmy had played half as good as he must have done in qualifiers, he'd have won that. The fact that an old has-been like Jimmy scored 8 frames against him isn't something to go round and lord it about.

I'm not saying Hendry won't win, the short frames kind of make it 50-50, in my eyes. But even so, this won't be the piece of cake that you assume it's going to be for Hendry, Judd has a real chance of winning this. Despite being a vastly overrated player, imo.

Postby Casey

Trump will be up for it. On the other hand Hendry has only lost a last 32 match to one player in the last two years (martin Gould)

Hendry to win 5-3

Postby Casey

Trump will be up for it. On the other hand Hendry has only lost a last 32 match to one player in the last two years (martin Gould)

Hendry to win 5-3

Postby SnookerFan

JR did it! wrote:Trump will be up for it. On the other hand Hendry has only lost a last 32 match to one player in the last two years (martin Gould)

Hendry to win 5-3

The matches are best of seven, Ace.

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:A Hendry fan calling us deluded fools ...

This from a player who hasn't won a jot in over 5 years :)

Though Wild might be slightly overexaggerating the fact. (Try not to look so shocked.) I also think that Judd Trump is somewhat overrated. All I can really see that he's ever done in his career is beaten Ronnie once. Not enough to convince me that he's this future World Champion and All Time Great that people think he is. Saying that, Hendry is no great shakes these days, so it could go either way. Especially in a best of seven.

Saying that, I think calling this one the choice of the first round is a bit much.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
JR did it! wrote:Trump will be up for it. On the other hand Hendry has only lost a last 32 match to one player in the last two years (martin Gould)

Hendry to win 5-3

Huh? Whats up with a best of 9 these days?

Postby SnookerFan

JR did it! wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hendry to win 5-3

Actually, I might have spoke to soon and made myself look a idiot. I had just been reading the Welsh Open thread, and got confused which tournament we were talking about. I do think they are shorter matches though, because it only runs from the 2nd to the 6th February. For some reason Hearn seems to have an irrational hatred of best of 9s, and has shortened them all.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
JR did it! wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hendry to win 5-3

Actually, I might have spoke to soon and made myself look a idiot. I had just been reading the Welsh Open thread, and got confused which tournament we were talking about. I do think they are shorter matches though, because it only runs from the 2nd to the 6th February. For some reason Hearn seems to have an irrational hatred of best of 9s, and has shortened them all.

dont worry your not alone everyone who thinks Trump will win will be looking like a idiot so your in good company <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

On what basis to we make Judd Trump the future of snooker? He won a Championship League once, and had a decent run in the Grand Prix. Is that it? I think he's a good player, but hasn't really proven himself much as a big time player. He's barely qualified for anything else.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Trump 5-0

he couldn't whitewash hendry if hendry was 100 and blind.

ive been waiting for this match for a long time 3 times before Trump has failed to qualify when Hendry was waiting for him in the last 32 but now he has.

Trump is the ideal player for hendry to meet while he is struggling and he will prove my point in Germany.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:This match = :zzz:

8 posts on it in this thread alone, can only assume you're just a closet JT fan and you haven't got the cahunas to admit it yet :-(

Postby SnookerFan

HugoDrax wrote:
LeBourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This match = :zzz:

8 posts on it in this thread alone, can only assume you're just a closet JT fan and you haven't got the cahunas to admit it yet :-(

you counted them <laugh>

He's a closet SnookerFan fan.