Topic locked

Championship League Group 1!!!!

Postby Wildey

3rd and 4th of January

Championship League Returns for the 4th year.

Previous Winners are Joe Perry in 2008,Judd Trump in 2009 and Marco Fu Last Year.

Marco Fu will be joining the contest in Group 3 with as of yet Joe Perry and Judd Trump has not been Named.

players for Group 6 and 7 not yet Been Confirmed.

Group 1 Players

John Higgins
Mark Williams
Shaun Murphy
Mark Selby
Ali Carter
Stephen Maguire
Graeme Dott

Order of Play will Appear Here When Available.

It will be broadcast on Bookies Websites the one ive been using in Bet 365 http://www.bet365.com/home/
Last edited by Wildey on 02 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Championship League Group 1!!!!

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Is that free? Can you just click on it and watch it? To be honest, I've never watched any of this before.

You hae to register but you don't have to place any bet. I did 2 years ago, never betted, never was spammed and it works fine.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is that free? Can you just click on it and watch it? To be honest, I've never watched any of this before.

You hae to register but you don't have to place any bet. I did 2 years ago, never betted, never was spammed and it works fine.

Same Here.

Postby Wildey

JR did it! wrote:have the line-ups for the other groups been named?

Group 2 (January 5 and 6)

Four players from Group 1 plus
Jamie Cope
Neil Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Group 3 (January 24 and 25)

Four players from Group 2 plus
Mark Allen
Peter Ebdon
Marco Fu.

Group 4 (January 26 and 27)

Four players from Group 3 plus
Stephen Hendry
Mark King
Matthew Stevens.

Group 5 (February 28 and March 1)

Four players from Group 4 plus
Ding Junhui
Liang Wenbo
Ricky Walden.

Group 6 (March 2 and 3)

Four players from Group 5 plus
three TBC.

Group 7 (March 21 and 22)

Four players from Group 6 plus
three TBC.

Postby SnookerFan

I made a couple of bets, for a laugh, a few years back on bet365. I should therefore have been able to watch it on their site before. Lets have a look see if I can remember how to get on. Probably not.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Created an account. I must confess I've never watched any of this before, but I'll be joining you guys tomorrow to give it a go. :D

its one of thoes things you dip in and out between corrie and eastenders <laugh> watching it wall to wall is a bit numbing lol

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Created an account. I must confess I've never watched any of this before, but I'll be joining you guys tomorrow to give it a go. :D

its one of thoes things you dip in and out between corrie and eastenders <laugh> watching it wall to wall is a bit numbing lol

But I don't watch Corrie or Eastenders. What am I going to do? :eek:

I guess I'll just have to watch it between going back to work tomorrow. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:me :)
I'm in Athens so 2 hours ahead of you guys, cooking lunch and will be watching at the same time. Go MJW!

I am watching that match. How does this work? They must be relatively short games, as there are a lot scheduled, and the same players are playing again later in the day.

Postby Monique

It's a league, best of 5, 1 point for a win. Top 4 go to the play-offs tomorrow evening. Winner goes to winners group. next 4 go to next group. Last 2 are eliminated. Winners group winner goes to PL

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:It's a league, best of 5, 1 point for a win. Top 4 go to the play-offs tomorrow evening. Winner goes to winners group. next 4 go to next group. Last 2 are eliminated. Winners group winner goes to PL

One day I reckon some maverick should invent a best of nine match. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Joking aside, it's a shame that Clive has been reduced to talking about a tournament that is being shown on a gambling webiste. He's too good a commentator for that. I mean, how many people are actually watching this match? Until last year, I didn't realise they even had this tournament.

Postby Wildey

Order Of Play 3rd of January

RESULTS

Mark Selby 3-0 Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams 0-3 John Higgins
Last edited by Wildey on 03 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Who is this commentating on table 2. I should know, I'm just not very good at placing voices. I've turned over from the Honest John game. :huh:

Dave Hendon

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is this commentating on table 2. I should know, I'm just not very good at placing voices. I've turned over from the Honest John game. :huh:

Dave Hendon

I thought I knew it. I had my mum on here to guess if it was somebody from the BBC, though it clearly wasn't. I thought it was somebody who did Eurosport.

Postby SnookerFan

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, might go on later. :D

I am thinking of walking home from work. It might take 45 minutes, but the buses are only every half hour from work, so I have to wait for 20 minutes anyway. Take me just as long, and better exercise for somebody whose idea of exercise is lifting the remote up to change channel, ordering pizza with the phone, and leaning over to my mini-fridge to get a can of lager.

Postby SnookerFan

Honest John seems to be playing quite rubbish today, compared to his first match. Or is Dott just playing better? I missed the first frame and a half.

Postby Wildey

Order Of Play 3rd of January

11.45am
Ali Carter 3-2 Stephen Maguire
Graeme Dott 2-3 John Higgins
Last edited by Wildey on 03 Jan 2011, edited 3 times in total.