Post a reply

Foul or Not ?

Postby Wildey

a interesting question someone asked on TSF ill be honest i dont know the answer to it

if you needed to cue over a ball to reach the white could you put your chalk on the table so you could put your finger on the table and reach a bit more is this a foul. and also if you had to bridge over a ball to hit the white again could you get the rest out and put your hand on top of the rest and shoot using your hand on top of the rest?

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/sh ... z19Y4JAM6z
TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Re: Foul or Not ?

Postby Wildey

why not place the bible on the table and cue the ball with your hand on the bible and pray. <laugh>

Postby Roland

Reminds me of Earl Strickland and his false fingernails <laugh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Yes & Yes I'd say.
The person who thought that up deserves either to be bought or sold. <ok>

Postby Monique

Section 1 of the rules
4. Ancillary
Various cue rests, long cues (called butts and half-butts according to length), extensions and adaptors may be used by players faced with difficult positions for cueing. These may form part of the equipment normally found at the table but also include equipment introduced by either player or the referee (see also Section 3 Rule 18). All extensions, adaptors and other devices to aid cueing must be of a design approved by the WPBSA.
Section 3
18. Use of Ancillary Equipment
It is the responsibility of the striker to both place and remove any equipment he may use at the table.
(a) The striker is responsible for all items including, but not limited to, rests and extensions that he brings to the table, whether owned by him or borrowed (except from the referee), and he will be penalised for any fouls made by him when using this equipment.
(b) Equipment normally found at the table which has been provided by another party including the referee are not the responsibility of the striker. Should this equipment prove to be faulty and thereby cause the striker to touch a ball or balls, no fouls will be called. The referee will, if necessary, reposition any balls in accordance with Rule 15 above and the striker, if in a break, will be allowed to continue without penalty.

in the light of this I'd say using the chalk is probably a foul, using the rest in a creative probably isn't.

Postby PLtheRef

I would say it as a foul - because you cant use chalk as an aid in anyway - apart from chalking cues - i.e. you cant place it on a certain point of the table rails as a target to aid escaping a snooker

Postby PLtheRef

wildJONESEYE wrote:why not place the bible on the table and cue the ball with your hand on the bible and pray. <laugh>

Suggest that to Stephen then ;)