Topic locked

Prediction rankings

Postby Tubberlad

Provisional Rankings after 2010 Sanyuan Foods China Open

1. STALINESQ 25 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 1st, best matchplay finish: Winner, world championship result: n/a
2. JOHNFROMLONDONTOWN 25 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 2nd, best matchplay finish: runner-up, world championship result: n/a,
3. THECLEAVER 23 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 3rd x 2, best matchplay finish: Winner, world championship result: n/a
4. CASEMASTER_WC 20 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 3rd, best matchplay finish: semi-finals, world championship result: n/a

5. PADDYLOWSON 18 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 4th, best matchplay finish: quarter-finals x 2, world championship result: n/a
6. WILDJONESEYE 18 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 5th, best matchplay finish: runner-up, world championship result: n/a
7. ONEBALL 16 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 1st, best matchplay finish: semi-finals, world championship result: n/a
8. LUCKYBALLS 15 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 1st, best matchplay finish: quarter-finals, world championship result: n/a,
9. THETUBBERLAD 15 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 4th, best matchplay finish: last-16 x 2, world championship result: n/a
10. GJ 15 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 7th, best matchplay finish: quarter-finals x 2, world championship result: n/a
11. KRAZEEYEKILLA 14 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 2nd, best matchplay finish: quarter-finals, world championship result: n/a
12. MANFRED 14 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 2nd, best matchplay finish: last-16, world championship result: n/a
13. BOURNE 12 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 9th, best matchplay finish: last-16 x 2, world championship result: n/a
14. ROCKETRON 11 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 1st, best matchplay finish: last 16, world championship result: n/a
15. KEANE 6 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 3rd, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a
16. Cheesyman 6 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 10th, best matchplay finish: last 16, world championship result: n/a

--------------------------------------------------

17. THE BOSS 5 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 11th, best matchplay finish: quarter-finals, world championship result: n/a
18. KOSTASMAD 4 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 16th, best matchplay finish: last-16, world championship result: n/a
19. LIVERSHREW 3 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 7th, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a
20. GERARDSQUIFF 3 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 8th, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a
21. ADOLF MUGABE 2 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 9th, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a
22. MATHMO 2 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 14th, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a
23. YUMMI 2 points, 0 merit points, best finish: 15th, best matchplay finish: n/a, world championship result: n/a

The rankings are rolling, and based on performances over the last year. The 2010 Masters was the first tournament to come under these rankings, so the first truly official rankings will be put together after the tournament directly before the Masters is completed.

The following points systems are in use:

Ranking events + Masters
6 for the Winner
5 for the Runner up
4 for 3rd-4th
3 for 5th-8th
2 for 9th-16th
1 for 17th-32nd
1 merit point for 33rd-64th

UK Championship + World Qualifers
8 for the Winner
6 for the Runner up
4 for 3rd-4th
3 for 5th-8th
2 for 9th-16th
1 for 17th-32nd

World Championship
10 for the Winner
8 for the Runner up
6 for 3rd-4th
4 for 5th-8th
2 for 9th-16th
1 for 17th-32nd

In the case of ties, the following breaks will be used (in order):
Merit points
Best outright finish
Best matchplay finish
World Championsip outright result

The rankings will be used to seed posters during matchplay prediction comps. However, not all seedings will be based on rankings.

Number one seed will be the outright winner of the same comp last year (for example, whether number one or not, Sonny will be the top seed for the 2011 Masters).

Number two seed will be the outright World Championship winner.

Number three seed will be the matchplay winner of the previous year's comp.

Number four seed onwards shall be based upon the rankings.

The following seeding system will operate

A minimum of two players shall be seeded in a tournament. - this is subject to at least 4 entries.
Should 8 players enter a tournament then 4 players shall be seeded.
Should 16 players enter a tournament then 8 players shall be seeded
Should 32 or more enter a tournament then 16 players shall be seeded.

Re: Prediction rankings

Postby Bourne

So i'm on two points for winning the Grand Prix <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:So i'm on two points for winning the Grand Prix <laugh>

The rankings are starting with last week since last years contests dont reflect the matchplay system which is going to come into force, so 12 ranking points are available etc.

Postby GJ

how many rounds of worlds quallies will we be doing for predictions ?

Postby PLtheRef

If i'm running then it will probably be the final round since I'm on teaching practice up until the week before easter holidays, having several problems with PCs at mo so its adding up pts by hand - thank god its happened now and not on Monday/Tuesday.

Postby GJ

PLtheRef wrote:If i'm running then it will probably be the final round since I'm on teaching practice up until the week before easter holidays, having several problems with PCs at mo so its adding up pts by hand - thank god its happened now and not on Monday/Tuesday.

cheers paddy

Postby Bourne

one thing that has to be sorted is this daft rule stopping predictions even if they're posted half an hour before play starts. There's a timestamp here, that's the judge. You know that play will never start before it's due. Common sense ffs.

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:one thing that has to be sorted is this daft rule stopping predictions even if they're posted half an hour before play starts. There's a timestamp here, that's the judge. You know that play will never start before it's due. Common sense ffs.

Thats the thing though with ther be sure of when roll-on roll off format you can never be sure of when play is going to start, unlike the crucible which is the only tournament where play will be stopped to ensure the next session starts promptly, in roll-on roll off there is has to be some sort of cut off point.

Postby Bourne

PLtheRef wrote:
Bourne wrote:one thing that has to be sorted is this daft rule stopping predictions even if they're posted half an hour before play starts. There's a timestamp here, that's the judge. You know that play will never start before it's due. Common sense ffs.

Thats the thing though with ther be sure of when roll-on roll off format you can never be sure of when play is going to start, unlike the crucible which is the only tournament where play will be stopped to ensure the next session starts promptly, in roll-on roll off there is has to be some sort of cut off point.

I'm saying before the day's play starts, then roll-on-off doesn't come into it. No-one's expected to predict matches for 10am @ 9:59 and then come back for following matches and predict @ 12:59.

Postby Bourne

As in, predict every match of the day before the very first match starts, like a minute before. Like I said, there is a timestamp here and editting is disabled, it just makes sense to me and is fairest :huh2:

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:As in, predict every match of the day before the very first match starts, like a minute before. Like I said, there is a timestamp here and editting is disabled, it just makes sense to me and is fairest :huh2:

agree :stupid:

Postby Tubberlad

Thank you Bourne <ok> FFS I'd predicted a Higgins win long before the game started, and what does it count for? Nothing.

Postby PLtheRef

thetubberlad wrote:

Thank you Bourne <ok> FFS I'd predicted a Higgins win long before the game started, and what does it count for? Nothing.

Tubber - you knew the rule and that it was clearly posted so i think its unreasonable to mention it now the rule was in place and on you entered according to the rules of the contest.

Bourne, next contest your idea to be on trial, if its ok and works well then by all means it culd be a permanent fixture.

Postby Rocket_ron

PLtheRef wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

Tubber - you knew the rule and that it was clearly posted so i think its unreasonable to mention it now the rule was in place and on you entered according to the rules of the contest.

Bourne, next contest your idea to be on trial, if its ok and works well then by all means it culd be a permanent fixture.

glad to hear you are considering trailing it

Postby Tubberlad

Fair enough Paddy, I don't agree with the rule for a second, but I should have voiced my opinion before entering if I had a problem with it. <ok>

Postby Roland

When I ran the Worlds contest with Paddy I remember arguing about the cut off points. My point was that as long as the predictions were in before the scheduled start of play then they should count but Paddy wanted them in an hour early. I never understood why, but I always make sure to predict early enough then it doesn't become an issue.

Of course if there's roll on roll off then you need to get all matches in before the start of session too.

Postby Casey

5 mins befpre the matches start have never caused a problem for anybody else <ok>

Postby TheCleaver

I agree it should be 5 minutes before the match but that said with the latest contests, we knew what the deadline was most days and still have to predict before it.

That is why as oneball says I made sure I got them in early most days. As I try not to cross Paddy twice <ok> <laugh>

Postby GJ

TheCleaver wrote:I agree it should be 5 minutes before the match but that said with the latest contests, we knew what the deadline was most days and still have to predict before it.

That is why as oneball says I made sure I got them in early most days. As I try not to cross Paddy twice <ok> <laugh>

<laugh>

Postby Lucky

I should have a better ranking now <ok> Avoid the top seed in the first round :D

Postby GJ

my goal this year is to be GJ The Aussiestud WC

<cool>

Postby Tubberlad

Rankings now updated - John From London Town the new Number One.

Postby ManFred47

thetubberlad wrote:Rankings updated: StalinESQ the new world number one

I have been on 6 points-first ranking-how on nine now? :D

Postby Guest

ManFred47 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Rankings updated: StalinESQ the new world number one

I have been on 6 points-first ranking-how on nine now? :D

GOT IT :D :D apologise :shy:

Postby Roland

Why don't you join ManFred? :huh:

Postby GJ

he mentoned something last week about not being able to undertand the code when trying to register

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Why don't you join ManFred? :huh:

god if there was a award for trying to get manfred to register i would be no 1 not 7th lol