Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Hendry vs Stevens tonight?

I am out. Should've brought my firestick or my tablet with me, so I can watch it at home.

You suspect that Stevens will win easily.

But then, if Jimmy can win, anything is possible.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry vs Stevens tonight?

I am out. Should've brought my firestick or my tablet with me, so I can watch it at home.

Jimmy enters every tournament and is match sharp. Also seems to have a purple patch atm. I would be surprised if Hendry even got to 3 frames tonight given how poorly he played during his comeback.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hendry vs Stevens tonight?

Jimmy enters every tournament and is match sharp. Also seems to have a purple patch atm. I would be surprised if Hendry even got to 3 frames tonight given how poorly he played during his comeback.

Fair points.

Postby LDS

TheRocket wrote:https://twitter.com/TSnooker102/status/1595750362413154304?cxt=HHwWgICy3f-fn6UsAAAA

Gilbert actually conceded the match when he was 2:3 behind.

:shock:

Bingham has come close a few times. In the 3rd or 4th he missed a red and gestured that he was going to whack the white again, but stopped short. In this current frame he's missed one and held his arms out wide while muttering loudly.

Postby SnookerFan

Got an e-mail from York Barbican today.

If you buy an e-mail to the first round of the UK Championship, it's named seats. Not sit where you want.

I was reluctant to buy them a year in advance anyway. Certainly not doing it now. Part of the point of going to the first rounds is being able to see who you like.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Got an e-mail from York Barbican today.

If you buy an e-mail to the first round of the UK Championship, it's named seats. Not sit where you want.

I was reluctant to buy them a year in advance anyway. Certainly not doing it now. Part of the point of going to the first rounds is being able to see who you like.

Have you been to the Barbican before? How did you find it?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Got an e-mail from York Barbican today.

Have you been to the Barbican before? How did you find it?

Yes. Three times. But only for the last-128 rounds.

Back when there were four tables upstairs, and four downstairs. It was a good venue then, but looked better for when you could sit down by the sides of the tables. Always a better view that way. When there's four tables, you're sitting from a balcony, watching from a bit further away.

And the four tables downstairs was dreadful. You were watching it in a basketball court, essentially. About 12 seats per table. There was nobody there almost. Weird venue.

The downside is that the hotels were eye wateringly expensive. Possibly more so than The Crucible. The cheapest were about £120 a night. I saw quite a few that were £250 a night. A few that were close to double that. Even places like The Premier Inn and Ibis had gotten more than £100 a night, the traditional budget hotels.

I stayed in a pub a couple of the years. Which were good. Nice cosy rooms, a lot more affordable. The downside was, when the pub closed, to gain access to your rooms, there was a security code to get in. If it didn't work, there was no way to get into the rooms. I used to go for morning and afternoon matches, then be back in the pub for dinner, so as not to risk it. If you were in an evening match, you risked not getting back for pub closing time.

York is a lovely city, but all things considered, I'll go somewhere else where I don't have to book a year in advance.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:https://twitter.com/TSnooker102/status/1595750362413154304?cxt=HHwWgICy3f-fn6UsAAAA

Just saw that.

Did he not realise it was a best of nine?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Just saw that.

Judging by his demeanour in interviews lately I think he’s just not doing well at the moment.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Just saw that.

Judging by his demeanour in interviews lately I think he’s just not doing well at the moment.

Oh yes.

I remember the debate with Wild about it now.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Just saw that.

Oh yes.

I remember the debate with Wild about it now.

Was that the one that ended in wrath and acrimony?