Post a reply

Egg on face time

Postby Roland

Which players do you think will never win the World Championships?

Re: Egg on face time

Postby footygirl

Ding Junhui will never win it - he froze again at Sheffield

And I worry too for Stephen Maguire- can't see him becoming world champion

Postby Roland

I'd be happy if Maguire won it, but if he's ever to be World Champion I can't see it happening at the Crucible.

Postby Tubberlad

Stephen Maguire
Ali Carter
Ryan Day
Judd Trump
Jamie Cope

Jimmy White

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I don't think Mark King or Fergal O'Brien will ever win it, I'm starting to have doubts about Anthony Hamilton too.

Postby Alex0paul

Of the current top 16ers; Jamie Cope, Mark King, Ricky Walden and Ali Carter

Postby Casey

Ali Carter
Cope

Top 16ers who will never win it again -

Hendry
Ronnie
Dott
Ebdon
Williams

Postby GJ

ali carter

Postby Witz78

RUSSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 2018 wrote:ali carter

yeh hes been punching above his weight for a few years, for me hes the weakest of the BIG 9 in snooker at the moment.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Judd Trump.

yes i do think he will win some tournaments but he hasn't got it in him to be World Champion unless they make it a best of 5s WC So that players without stamina has a chance.

Postby Bourne

That won't matter soon as the Worlds will be shortened drastically under Barry Hearn's plans <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

I am starting to think that Joe Swail has missed the boat.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I am starting to think that Joe Swail has missed the boat.

What? Once that guy gets going, he'll have more World Titles then Hendry. <laugh>

Postby Eirebilly

Honestly, i cant see Ali Carter winning it. I still hope for Maguire but its not looking good for him either.

Postby Wildey

to be perfectly honest we dont really know do we.

the top 16 and there's 8 World Champions in the top 16 so that means it will take 8 years for all top 16 to win a WC that will bring us up to almost another decade there will be many players that has had the tag "HE WILL BE A FUTURE WORLD CHAMPION" that will NEVER Win it.

Postby Eirebilly

In fairness Wild, there are a few players out there with the game to be a World Champion.... Maguire and Carter to name but two who i personally feel will always fall short of the big one.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:In fairness Wild, there are a few players out there with the game to be a World Champion.... Maguire and Carter to name but two who i personally feel will always fall short of the big one.

Agree

however some wont be world champion game or not.

Postby Eirebilly

That is true Wild. I hope you have some big plans of getting brainwashed tonight :ahh:

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:That is true Wild. I hope you have some big plans of getting brainwashed tonight :ahh:

some might say im permantly brainwashed <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

I think the fact that Ali Carter was so knackered when he played in his World Final raises questions as to his stamina to win the whole event. At the same time, Ali Carter had never beaten Ronnie in something like 10 attempts at that point. Has he ever beaten Ronnie since? I think if he'd slept for a fortnight then had that game, he'd still not have beaten Ronnie.

Postby Smart

he is ROSs bunny and I think he is resigned to this. I think the one match that sticks in my mind was the NIT where he was so close to winning but ROS did him again..............................anybody care to confirm for me. :chin: