Topic locked

This Royal Wedding Problem...

Postby SnookerFan

So, do you think there is anything to worry about that the snooker will be going head-to-head with the two posh twits getting married? Personally, I hadn't planned to watch a second of it anyway, so it was of no consequence to me. But now it's up against the snooker, I intend to watch that at all costs.

How big an occasion will this be? Will the whole country go down? Is there any chance of the semi-final even getting on television? I can see the BBC Interactive service being given over to the build-up to the occasion, whilst Royal Correspondents twiddle themselves silly at the fact that the church that is going to be used for the wedding is currently empty, and the fact that a couple of policemen are walking past Buckingham Palace. What could it all mean? :eek: <doh> If the BBC aren't filming the snooker, it probably won't even get on Eurosport because Eurosport uses the BBC pictures. And the last thing we want is Mike Hallett and Joe Johnson commentating on the Royal Wedding.

I've already booked the hotel, but I am thinking of travelling up a day earlier, and watching it all in Sheffield. Even if I have to sit outside The Crucible in the cold and watch it on the big screen. Actually that may be a better idea, being in London at the time is going to be excrutiating.

Who is with me? Anybody else giving a big :bum: to the wedding and a big :bowdown: to the snooker?

Re: This Royal Wedding Problem...

Postby GJ

I EMAILED world snooker twice in the last few weeks and have had ro reply <doh>

When i emailed the old world snooker people they replyed very quickly

not impressed barry <doh> :mood:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Easter Sunday is on the 24th April next year. That means that if they start the World Championship a week early then it can still finish on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Easter Sunday is on the 24th April next year. That means that if they start the World Championship a week early then it can still finish on a Bank Holiday Monday.

I doubt that they would do that. They might have done if the Royal Wedding had been announced more in advance, but not after tickets have gone on sale, surely.

Postby SnookerFan

MITCH JOHNSON THE POM SLAYER wrote:I EMAILED world snooker twice in the last few weeks and have had ro reply <doh>

Good man though, keep at it. What's the e-mail? I'll ask. We should give one Big Snooker Island :bird: to William and his shitty wedding.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Easter Sunday is on the 24th April next year. That means that if they start the World Championship a week early then it can still finish on a Bank Holiday Monday.

I doubt that they would do that. They might have done if the Royal Wedding had been announced more in advance, but not after tickets have gone on sale, surely.

The crucible aint a snooker venue either its a working theatre with year in advance diary of things on there you cant change it availability for snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

The crucible aint a snooker venue either its a working theatre with year in advance diary of things on there you cant change it availability for snooker.

That's true, but then you are also talking about the theatre that closed every other show down, just so they could refurbish it to keep World Snooker happy. World Snooker didn't like the facilities, discussed moving to China, and The Crucible staff jumped to attention and started work.

It would provide a problem though, you're right.

Postby SnookerFan

MITCH JOHNSON THE POM SLAYER wrote:I EMAILED world snooker twice in the last few weeks and have had ro reply <doh>

I just sent them an e-mail too. Got an automated response. :mood:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That's true, but then you are also talking about the theatre that closed every other show down, just so they could refurbish it to keep World Snooker happy. World Snooker didn't like the facilities, discussed moving to China, and The Crucible staff jumped to attention and started work.

It would provide a problem though, you're right.

there's no doubt about it snooker involvement popularise the theatre and the bookings all year round for other shows at the crucible is increased just because the snooker there but it wouldn't be fair on people booked to watch a play if that's cancelled to accommodate snooker

Postby SnookerFan

I agree. Merely pointing out, it may still be done. I doubt it, it wouldn't be easy for them. Just acknowledging the possibility. And the fans who were there for the plays would be saying the same thing about the snooker, as we are saying about the Royal Wedding. Can't please everybody, and all that. Just might be nice if we were given the opportunity to watch what we wanted to watch, as oppose to having the wedding forced on us.

Postby Roland

I think the snooker could end up being a popular alternative for those millions who don't give a rubbish about the royal wedding.

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:Murphy vs Dott boreathon
Or Kate looking hot

No brainer :ahh:

I'd pick Murphy vs Dott. Why not? Is looking at two people in posh clothes really more interesting then a semi-final between two world champions?

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Or Kate looking hot

I'd pick Murphy vs Dott. Why not? Is looking at two people in posh clothes really more interesting then a semi-final between two world champions?

You're not human though

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Or Kate looking hot

You're not human though

I bet I aint the only one.

Postby SnookerFan

Dear SnookerFan,

Rest assured the snooker will go ahead as planned and whilst we anticipate there might be some disruption to our coverage on that day we have not been told exactly what our transmission times will be yet. As soon as we hear anything we will post the information on our website, worldsnooker.com

Thank you for your enquiry and may we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards.

Freya

PS: Look out for the Seniors World Championship on Sky over the Christmas period.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Dear SnookerFan,

Rest assured the snooker will go ahead as planned and whilst we anticipate there might be some disruption to our coverage on that day we have not been told exactly what our transmission times will be yet. As soon as we hear anything we will post the information on our website, worldsnooker.com

Thank you for your enquiry and may we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards.

Freya

PS: Look out for the Seniors World Championship on Sky over the Christmas period.

:redneck: :santa: :redneck: :santa:

Postby Wildey

Or Kate looking hot

Murphy v Dott every time theres always endless sky news coverage to see how hot she is when the snookers finished plus Youtube will always be there for years to come <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Or Kate looking hot

Murphy v Dott every time theres always endless sky news coverage to see how hot she is when the snookers finished plus Youtube will always be there for years to come <ok>

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer :farmer:

Postby Lucky

Single table set up for the final only, that'll make up the Saturday sessions. Or just drop some frames from all rounds, either one will do the job.

Postby Lucky

Single table set up for the final only, that'll make up the Saturday sessions. Or just drop some frames from all rounds, either one will do the job.

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Or Kate looking hot

Why are you even on a snooker forum, if you'd rather perv somebody elses wife, then watch the semi-finals at The Crucible?

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
LeBourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Murphy v Dott every time theres always endless sky news coverage to see how hot she is when the snookers finished plus Youtube will always be there for years to come <ok>

Why are you even on a snooker forum, if you'd rather perv somebody elses wife, then watch the semi-finals at The Crucible?

I'm also a member on pervonfutureprincessesforums.com just to balance it out. :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

LeBourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
LeBourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Murphy v Dott every time theres always endless sky news coverage to see how hot she is when the snookers finished plus Youtube will always be there for years to come <ok>

I'm also a member on pervonfutureprincessesforums.com just to balance it out. :idea:

She's not even that good looking.