Topic locked

World Seniors on Sky Sports 4

Postby SnookerFan

Sky 4 tonight, one of the World Seniors quarter finals is on. 6pm. I think it's the second quarter-final, so I don't know if we've already missed some.

Re: World Seniors on Sky Sports 4

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Sky 4 tonight, one of the World Seniors quarter finals is on. 6pm. I think it's the second quarter-final, so I don't know if we've already missed some.

Yes I think you did. It was on yesterday and Dave Hendon was commenting on it with Ebdon. Not that I saw it, no sky here in Belgium, but going by what Dave said on twitter.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Sky 4 tonight, one of the World Seniors quarter finals is on. 6pm. I think it's the second quarter-final, so I don't know if we've already missed some.

Yes I think you did. It was on yesterday and Dave Hendon was commenting on it with Ebdon. Not that I saw it, no sky here in Belgium, but going by what Dave said on twitter.

Shame really. I thought they were all on the day before Christmas for some reason. It's Steve Davis vs Joe Johnson tonight, I think. I'm psyched about it. :excited:

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:I was going to watch up until I remembered this was the one Jimmy won.

It can be a real tournament - Jimmy doesn't do world titles

Worth a look though. Shame it couldn't be live though. :wild2:

Postby wheelsofsteel

SnookerFan wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:I was going to watch up until I remembered this was the one Jimmy won.

So Pot Black does live on!

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

So Pot Black does live on!

It's not giving back to the sport in a way it could though. Getting a load of old codgers to play, then putting highlights on a month or so later? Could do so much more. :sad:

Postby gallantrabbit

Don't be so negative snookerfan. remember it's a first attempt and at least they have a comp now. Worth tuning into JImmy. Apparently he barely gave Cliff a shot, came back nice against Parrott in the semi and played well against Davis.

Postby Witz78

HugoDrax wrote:albsolute bullocks - steer well clear thanks :D

:wild2: :bs: :rude:

its a nostalgic trip down memory lane with the stars of yesteryear under the facade of the World Seniors Championship. Enjoy it for what it is. Its snooker at the end of the day <doh>

Postby gallantrabbit

just watch jimmy hugo. and remember if you ain`t old now you will be one day. these guys actually did it unlikde us. respect to them.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:just watch jimmy hugo. and remember if you ain`t old now you will be one day. these guys actually did it unlikde us. respect to them.

Yeah, where is his world championship? It's easy to criticise from a distance, you know....

For shame. :sad:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:just watch jimmy hugo. and remember if you ain`t old now you will be one day. these guys actually did it unlikde us. respect to them.

Yeah, where is his world championship? It's easy to criticise from a distance, you know....

For shame. :sad:

thanks for the advice :no:

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Don't be so negative snookerfan. remember it's a first attempt and at least they have a comp now. Worth tuning into JImmy. Apparently he barely gave Cliff a shot, came back nice against Parrott in the semi and played well against Davis.

i think we all have to accept Jimmy got lucky hendry declined his invite <ok>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Don't be so negative snookerfan. remember it's a first attempt and at least they have a comp now. Worth tuning into JImmy. Apparently he barely gave Cliff a shot, came back nice against Parrott in the semi and played well against Davis.

you are a biased jimmy white basher

:redneck: :)

Postby gallantrabbit

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Hendry has ideas above his station ;)

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

What's wrong with being a senior? Does he not realise he isn't 18 any more? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

luckily for jimbo <ok>