Topic locked

What is Ronnie O'Sullivan's chances of winning?

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie has a phenomenal record at The Masters, as we all know. Ronnie's appearance in the final recently has been as close to being a guarantee as anything I've ever seen in sport.

But with his recent performance at Telford, where he didn't look like he cared a jot about playing, it's got me thinking. Obviously, not the first time Ronnie has looked like he can't be bothered, and that usually follows a performance of note from him. He can sometimes play one tournament badly, then feel he has a point to prove and blast people away. Especially at Wembley.

But what with his father out, his divorce, and kids to look after himself, has he finally given up? Betfred have him at 4-1 to win. A shocking price for Ronnie at Wembley. He's playing Mark Allen in the first round. A dangerous first round opponent, and one that has knocked him out of The Crucible in the past. Or are we just reading too much into one poor performance by Ronnie. Was it just a case of him disliking his breakfast one morning, and becoming unmotivated?

Re: What is Ronnie O'Sullivan's chances of winning?

Postby GJ

gallantrabbit wrote:wonder who he plays <doh>

The man who beat him in the world open final

so hardly an outrageous prediction

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

IFYOU HATE WHAT I POST BAN ME wrote:

<doh>

Oh right...

That's if Robertson makes it that far.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
IFYOU HATE WHAT I POST BAN ME wrote:

<doh>

Oh right...

That's if Robertson makes it that far.

He has a really tough opener against a player who has been unbeatable so far this season

rofl <laugh>